Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:44 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by screttiu View Post
Yes I do, as for every Visa I guess...but maybe you meant to ask about the 2 years rule (basically once the J1 visa period is expired, you must stay home for 2 years before you are issued another working visa)does not apply to Italy. I could actually ask for an L1 before my J1 expires if I'm not mistaken.
You may want to post something in the legal immigration forum, lots of good help there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 07:09 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I agree with everything you said, great country, great food and drink and wonderful people. Enjoy the Azores on your next stop.

DF sounds great, if there was work there I would think about it. I am more thinking HKG or TLV as they are the next frontier in HC expansion.
Oh one more thing about Lisbon - the people SO laid back... I mean everyone just characterizes Europe as more laid back than Canamerica but there is certainly more depth to it in Europe and I have yet to be in a place where people are just so easy going and happy with life.. Its hard to describe.

HKG or TLV great options.. TLV makes me a bit nervous just because of ongoing politics.. HKG more up my alley and of course close in my favourite region of the entire world - S.E Asia...

Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I have most enjoyed Portugal and now it is winding down though I do have some time coming up in Ponta Delgada so looking forward to that..
I spent about 7 hours in Ponta Delgada. It is actually a decent size city with a lot of beautiful architecture to see. And completely walkable. I took a lot of photos.

There is an aerobus at the terminal and you can pay 5 euros for a return trip between airport/downtown. Additionally, you can store your luggage at the tourist office for free, right in front of the bus stop downtown Ponta Delgada. You should have a nice meal there - it is incredibly cheap

The entire city seems to have free wifi to many spots.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I spent about 7 hours in Ponta Delgada. It is actually a decent size city with a lot of beautiful architecture to see. And completely walkable. I took a lot of photos.

There is an aerobus at the terminal and you can pay 5 euros for a return trip between airport/downtown. Additionally, you can store your luggage at the tourist office for free, right in front of the bus stop downtown Ponta Delgada. You should have a nice meal there - it is incredibly cheap

The entire city seems to have free wifi to many spots.
Excellent information thanks!! I think I'm doing the same as you on my return back to T.O on Sata...

Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Oh one more thing about Lisbon - the people SO laid back... I mean everyone just characterizes Europe as more laid back than Canamerica but there is certainly more depth to it in Europe and I have yet to be in a place where people are just so easy going and happy with life.. Its hard to describe.
that's probably why their economy is what it is ...

My walking tour guide told us, if something is broken in Portugal, we don't completely fix it. We fixe it only to the extend it is barely useable again..

And another good one: every Portuguese wish we could return to our golden period of the nation 500 years ago, ideally with the help of magical white knight as nobody actually wants to do anything to make that happen.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Excellent information thanks!! I think I'm doing the same as you on my return back to T.O on Sata...
hopefully not exactly the same... my flight was delayed by 4 hours due to mechanical problem. Hope it won't happen to you.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
that's probably why their economy is what it is ...

My walking tour guide told us, if something is broken in Portugal, we don't completely fix it. We fixe it only to the extend it is barely useable again..

And another good one: every Portuguese wish we could return to our golden period of the nation 500 years ago, ideally with the help of magical white knight as nobody actually wants to do anything to make that happen.
LOL that is so funny and probably true but sometimes I just find that life in T.O is work work and damned more work... I'd like to start bridging that gap.. Did you do the free walking tours.... So awesome!!

Old 03-05-2015, 07:44 AM

113 posts, read 112,777 times
guys please let's stick on the topic thanks

Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
hopefully not exactly the same... my flight was delayed by 4 hours due to mechanical problem. Hope it won't happen to you.
Yeah this is common with SATA - but I do have an 8 hour layover.. I think - better check my itinerary...

Old 03-05-2015, 09:13 AM

71 posts, read 348,295 times
Screttiu, I would not even take into consideration the Italian community here. The Italian roots/presence here has always been extremely overhyped in my eyes. Never mind any average neighbourhood in Toronto/GTA, but even in an Italian enclave there is no feeling of any draw, bond or connection with others just because you're both of Italian roots. If you look at demographics generally only 15% of those with Italian roots speak Italian (in the home?)...this will probably be close to zero in the next generation.

I met a guy last year who moved here from Northern Italy after marrying a Canadian, if you saw the regret in his eyes and demeanour when he tells you of back home and his decision to move here it would tell you all you needed to know.

Per l'Italo-Canadese ed il popolo in genere, è una gente un po' provinciale/cafone (immagina un popolo di cafone che sono diventati, ammetto perlopiù onestamente, nouveau ceto medio), non antipatiche ma non simpatiche, e poco socievole fuori da qualche momento che ti "lavano la faccia". Qui non è la norma conoscere/socializzare con il vicino fuori da dire 'salve' una volta ogni mese o due. È una mentalita sopratutto per soldi/lavoro, soldi/lavoro, soldi/lavoro prima della socializzazione, è qualita e godimento della vita...in fatti quando e sotto 15-20 per 5 mesi che altro c'è da fare fuori da lavorare, mangiare, e dormire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto