Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 05:45 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,559,092 times

Advertisements

Phil306 - It is interesting to me that you would repeatedly return to the same vacation year after year, but to each his own. Just a suggestion but have you ever seen some of the country's "natural" attractions. I have been to Disney in Florida and loved Epcot and Sea World but the trip we took to The Grand Canyon was the most memorable of my life. Sedona, AZ on the same trip came in a close second. One highlight there was the jeep trip into the red rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,157,753 times
Definitely a 4 day stay at the very least. My sister, niece and I went for 5 and did a park per day. The next time we do something like this, it will either be a Disney cruise (better bang for your buck since food is included), or we're going to do a 4-5 day stay but do 2 parks (Magic and Animal) and the 2 water parks. We weren't fans of EPCOT.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,412,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Thank you.
I will do my best to have a good time.
You will only have a good time, if you budget for this, and just realize Disney eats money. If you can't wrap your head around that, you won't have a good time.

When we go to Vegas, we budget $300 a day, rental car, hotel, food, entertainment. We may have days we spend less, days we spend more. But we stay within that budget. I have not been to Disney for many years, but last time I was there, we budgeted $600 a day. We stayed for five days.

Now, Vegas can be done on less than $300 a day...and much more....but that is our vacation budget.

See some sites on Disney, and see what your budget will be.

Our best day was the fourth day, when we chilled and went to the waterpark. We tried to do too much...I would not over book yourself to do "everything"...

Old 01-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You will only have a good time, if you budget for this, and just realize Disney eats money. If you can't wrap your head around that, you won't have a good time.

When we go to Vegas, we budget $300 a day, rental car, hotel, food, entertainment. We may have days we spend less, days we spend more. But we stay within that budget. I have not been to Disney for many years, but last time I was there, we budgeted $600 a day. We stayed for five days.

Now, Vegas can be done on less than $300 a day...and much more....but that is our vacation budget.

See some sites on Disney, and see what your budget will be.

Our best day was the fourth day, when we chilled and went to the waterpark. We tried to do too much...I would not over book yourself to do "everything"...
Dining Plan is a must!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:35 AM

359 posts, read 1,101,622 times
I have not been to Disneyworld in about 10 years, wow have prices gone up. and now I have to pay more if I want to go to other parks on the same day. as so many have said bring lots and lots of money$$$$. I shall be there in feb.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:09 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,748,436 times
Quote:
I agree. Accept it and have as much fun as you can.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,066,670 times
Quote:
You will only have a good time, if you budget for this, and just realize Disney eats money. If you can't wrap your head around that, you won't have a good time
I've never heard it put quite this plainly, but it resonates with me. This is probably why I don't relish the thought of a Disney vacation.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I've never heard it put quite this plainly, but it resonates with me. This is probably why I don't relish the thought of a Disney vacation.
Honestly is it really a vacation? When I went I was exhausted. The only time I felt relaxed was at the pool at the hotel we stayed in. Other than that, a lot of walking, waiting in line, etc

Old 02-22-2014, 05:04 PM

705 posts, read 1,262,037 times
Taking the kiddos to Disneyworld for Christmas 2014. We plan on leaving Christmas Day and staying thru the New Years. I know it'll probably be crowded during that time but with kids in school, we gotta go when they're off. I had a couple of questions since last time I went I was 10 years old!

We are staying on the resort, is the meal plan worth it? It comes out to about $1k and that was for the 2 quick meal, 1 table service, 1 snack option. (Family of 4).

Are Christmas decorations still up? We wanted to see all the decorations and shops so I was hoping they keep it up pass Christmas.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,852,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have personally never had any interest in visiting any other theme park except Disney so I cannot comment on the Universal Studios or Epcot thing.. December is a great time to go. We went the week before Xmas one year and there was virtually no one there.
Epcot is one of the Disney parks. It is connected to Magic Kingdom by monorail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
To get anything substantial out of Disney World you are looking at a 4 day minimum stay, there is just that much to do there.
You can do Disney in 3 days without feeling rushed, especially since the parks are open 10-12 hours.

I did Magic Kingdom one day, Epcot the second day, and split the third day between Hollywood Studios and Epcot again. There a few rides at Hollywood Studios that you can knock out in 4 or 5 hours.

Animal Kingdom is just a zoo. I've been there once and it's okay, but nothing to write home about. You can skip it.

Also, make sure you get the park hopper ticket so you can go from one park to another during the day.

Another tip- Learn all about fast passes before you get there.

You have to go to a fast pass kiosk as soon as you enter the park, give them your ticket, and they will let you pick three rides that you will receive fast passes for so you can skip lines and get into them quickly. The fast passes only last for 1 hour time slots that are assigned to you. Ask the person working at the kiosk what times are assigned to you for which rides, and he will write them down for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel