Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 PM

279 posts, read 782,845 times

Advertisements

yea its more of a dry heat up there, if i remember right.

more along the 40-50 below that happens every so often

but hey its above freezing right now. newsminer.com • ArcticCam - i like watching that from time to time. shows fairbanks, and updates every time u refresh. also watch AlaskaCam for anchorage

yes i get bored easily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 12:45 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,031,622 times
I live in Albuquerque and I love it here,I think it fits me just perfect, but if I were to try somewhere new I would like to move to Dallas,Amarillo,South Carolina,or just a small homey kinda town.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:21 PM

730 posts, read 2,255,176 times
I'm 29 and would love to call to a major metro home for once! Perhaps Chi or NYC, instead of visiting them over and over. Must say though I feel pretty blessed to be where I am(Fayetteville AR ) I don't know of many towns(other than insainly small, rual ones) that a single mom like myself could live so comfortably without going broke.Something to be said for that even if I crave the urban life.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:21 PM

19 posts, read 51,382 times
I'm 23, currently living in Boston and am ready to leave. I came up here for school, had a great time, met amazing people, but am done with the hardcore winters. I'm also not a huge fan of the attitude and lifestyle up here. Some people can be very cold as well but I'm not one to overgeneralize, just not for me. I'm about to embark on a road trip to figure out where I'll throw my roots down next.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:32 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,615,838 times
I'm 20 and I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life... The beauty here is abundant... The only thing I hate about it here is people are very cliquey (Sp?) I'm personally not a huge sports fan, nor do I enjoy drinking... Also Wisconsin is expensive as many know. My friends all drink and they seem to not have a broad idea what is beyond our state lines... They said they really have no intentions of leaving. I personally think that your soul-spirit is alot more rich if you experience life in different cultures... I've done extensive research on East Tennessee and it looks nice... I just don't know about moving somwhere that I have absolutely no friends or relatives.

Another thing that stops me from moving is I have a 4 year old sister, she means the world to us. I would hate to live 800 miles from her. I guess family really makes it tough to move.

I more relaxed when I'm in a simple place where natural beauty is abundant. I don't really like big cities etc... I would just love to live somewhere where I can sit at a bedroom window and see for miles and enjoy the northern lights.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:14 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I'm in my late 20's- moving to Palm Beach Gardens (a-a-a-hhhh how relaxing)! I can hardly wait! I already live in Florida but Im excited to move there. My new place is minutes from the beach, the neighborhood is very quiet and I've been dreaming about moving here for years. I'm so anxious to get there that I've already purchased my kitchen ware, dishes and Im searching for patio furniture online (right as Im typing)!
Wow a re-hashed thread. LOL. Well I DID move to the Gardens and I'm so happy here. I've been here for about 4 months. I'm enjoying it.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:16 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,722 times
im 24 today . My wife and I want to move to Alaska hopefully soon. We live in Kentucky but I think it is just to dang hot here.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:46 PM

55 posts, read 141,850 times
Im 23 and I live in Columbia, SC and I HATE it here! If I could afford to live in California I would move back, but when I move I would like to move to a state in the Mid-Atlantic or New England or the Pacific Northwest.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 PM

4 posts, read 32,984 times
I'm mid-40's, from Wisconsin, recently divorced, and looking for a place to start over. After record snowfall this past winter (100+") I am seriously considering a move southeast. I love heat and humidity and want to be able to be active outside year-round. I'm thinking North or South Carolina or maybe Florida.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,264,488 times
Mid 50's. Been thinking about moving to Portland, OR lately. But the summers have been so nice here in MD the last few years, it's a lot nicer here than it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel