Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 08:50 AM

360 posts, read 372,288 times

Advertisements

I usually go to Florida and I am trying to find something in Georgia.
Does anyone have a good place to suggest to go to the beach?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 09:37 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calwine View Post
I usually go to Florida and I am trying to find something in Georgia.
Does anyone have a good place to suggest to go to the beach?

Thanks
Tybee Island but not this time of year, water cold. During the winter the only beach weather is in either SE or SW Florida

Old 11-26-2017, 10:43 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Agree with njkate: in the winter the only beaches you are going to want to visit are southern Florida. In warmer months, Tybee Island is a good choice as is Jekyll Island and St. Simons Island. If you want a truly unique experience, check out the Greyfield Inn on Cumberland Island. The beach is a short walk (about a half mile), is absolutely gorgeous (for an Atlantic Coast beach anyway) and is not crowded.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:58 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
It's not about beaches, but New Orleans would be my choice. Although, I've never been to Savannah and would like to.

Just in case you haven't been to the Florida panhandle, we used to vacation in Seaside, FL, which is just south of Destin. Really gorgeous town and great beaches. We lived in Nashville and would drive there.

About SEASIDE® | SEASIDE FLORIDA

Old 11-27-2017, 08:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
a lot has to do with the time of year. The popular summer places are very different than winter. I don't think anywhere in Ga, beachwise would be that nice in winter.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:44 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Charleston, SC and Sullivans Island.

Jekyll Island, Georgia.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:05 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
a lot has to do with the time of year. The popular summer places are very different than winter. I don't think anywhere in Ga, beachwise would be that nice in winter.
It's actually quite lovely here in the winter...generally 60's in the daytime, 40's at night. "Sweater weather", as it were. I love it on SSI during that period when the tourists have cleared out.

St. Simons Guide - The Official Website of Saint Simons Island and the Golden Isles. St Simons Accommodations, Restaurants, Events, Entertainment, and more!

Old 12-01-2017, 07:55 AM

360 posts, read 372,288 times
Thanks for all of those who have addressed my question.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:47 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,378,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
It's not about beaches, but New Orleans would be my choice. Although, I've never been to Savannah and would like to.

Just in case you haven't been to the Florida panhandle, we used to vacation in Seaside, FL, which is just south of Destin. Really gorgeous town and great beaches. We lived in Nashville and would drive there.

About SEASIDE® | SEASIDE FLORIDA
Speaking of that, I had a heck of a great time years ago vacationing in Saint George Island, which is a little east of Panama City. Great secluded island to vacation too that's connected by a bridge to the mainland, and the nice seafood restaurants of Appalachicola, FL(on the mainland) is a very short drive away. No idea how cold the water temperature of the Gulf gets in the winter, but I wouldn't be surprised if for a limited time in the winter it got a tad cold to swim in. I think you more have to travel to central or southern FL, to find the water of the Atlantic or Gulf coast warm enough to swim in year round.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:17 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA are nice. The have good area beaches. If you change your mind and want to head to the mountains, Asheville, NC is absolutely gorgeous during the Christmas season. Biltmore Estate is simply breathtaking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel