Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Who said I haven't been there? We have been there, the room was dirty with a torn bedspread and stained carpet as we walked through the door. We turned around and checked out.
I didn't say you hadn't been there, I said IF. Geez. You do mean the Cove Haven resorts by Caesars? We've been to 3 of their resorts...Paradise Stream, Cove Haven and Pocono Palace. Never had a dirty room in any of them. That's a shame. You should have asked for another room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
But that's New Orleans. That is in the Pocanos in PA. Maybe because I was there so many times when I lived on the East Coast, I just found it BORING. I know my sister goes to one of those resorts all the time, only because her husband likes to go fishing there. She is bored to Death.
Now New Orleans, has charm, and so much to see. I just would not go there in Sept, lol-Hurricane Season.

Diane G
I agree about New Orleans in hurricane season and a lot of coastal southern towns. Just one thing, it is Poconos not Pocanos. I didn't think that was a typo since you spelled it that way in your other post. Since you've been there so many times I thought you would know. Gosh, I decided to check out the travel forums because I didn't think there would be any hostility over here. Sorry I intruded, I had a crappy week and thought this would take my mind off things.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
ouijeewoman, you're the one who seems to be hostile. You need to step back and stop taking it personally when someone doesn't agree with your choice.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 PM

No, I'm not hostile. Sorry to seem you feel that way. I was rather insulted but that's ok too. You have a good day Annerk and enjoy life.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:29 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
No, I'm not hostile. Sorry to seem you feel that way. I was rather insulted but that's ok too. You have a good day Annerk and enjoy life.
You are Hostile, and I have certainly been there many times, when I lived on Long Island. When I moved to NJ we went alot to PA dutch country, which I found more interesting. Now, i live in a tourist destination, Nashville, TN
Btw, its possible for someone to make the same typo. Those were always my second trips, I cruise once a year. Last year to the Med, this year to Alaska.

Diane G

Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
I'd pack munchies and sleep in my car, and go to a coin ship and buy a gold Krugerrand for $945.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:27 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I live in NC, and if I were you, I'd go to LAS VEGAS! If you haven't been there before, you'll have a lot to discover, and the prices are right, so you can make that $1,000 go far.

The NC beach is fine if you live in NC or even on the East Coast. But I wouldn't make a special trip. And if I wanted to scuba dive, I'd save up and go to the Caribbean.

Quote:
MaybeSo wrote: There is a lot of love here for North Carolina and Vegas. Guess I should seriously consider both.....

Old 07-05-2009, 06:56 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe So View Post
You have a long weekend...say... 3 nights and 2 full days.
You have a budget of $1,000 for everything once you have arrived at your destination...food, hotel, entertainment etc.. This budget is for two people.
Travel costs such as airline tickets do not come out of the $1K.

So, here's the question....Where would you go and what would you do?
That's a ton of money almost anywhere.

Maybe New York?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel