Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM

288 posts, read 168,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
At the risk of sounding cold, austere and any other similar descriptive terminology, I think that it is pretty much irrelevant whether she is smart or not, whether she lied/lies, or not, whether she is attractive and diminuitive, or not .... she is on trial for the murder of her child... she is attempting any possible ploy / defense to get off / she is not showing the least bit of remorse, fear [terror, I would certainly feel] if being tried for murdering my child, regret, anything that, in my opinion, would reflect some degree of "humanness" or "caring"...

I personally think she is smart enough to know what she is being accused of; I think she is clever enough to try to come up with some relatively plausible reason as to why she could commit such a crime AND I think when [hopefully appropriately] she is convicted, she has the opportunity to spend many many years in prison to think about it.
There is no doubt that she was advised to try not to show emotion on her face during the trial, to look as neutral as possible. Certainly the defense knew that she would be criticized for ANY show of emotion on her face. And, sure enough, people are trying so hard to psychoanalyze her based simply on her appearance in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I do not believe George Anthony molested Casey Anthony.
What do you think could cause an innocent little child (which she was at one time) to turn into the liar that she is today?
Forgetting the fact that she is on trial for murder and the jury is not in on that one, she has been proved to be one of the biggest liars in history.
What in the world could really cause this?
Did she feel left out or what?
Did George get all engrossed in his life and forget about her unless she had some story to tell him?
I would like to understand how this happens to children, it is really sad to see these parents and know they must be asking themselves what they did wrong.
I think no one knows whether it's a bad seed or childhood abuse or a combination of many things!! Shrinks could probably spend a lifetime studying Casey and still not know where this level of crazy comes from! I think this is in part why people are so intrigued by this case!From the outside looking in this family appears so normal,yet they are so screwed up (my own medical diagnosis)!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:30 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I have three kids. Each are distinctly different in how they respond to things and what they are capable of. When two people have a child, they have no way of knowing how the genes are going to come together.

I think HOW a child is raised does come into play, but how they respond to that raising still comes from their own unique genetic make up. This is why one person can grow up in a suburban family and be a psycho....while another person can grow up in a basement surviving a war and become a successful productive human being.

We have to remember that every criminal in the world was once a beautiful innocent baby/child.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
There is no doubt that she was advised to try not to show emotion on her face during the trial, to look as neutral as possible. Certainly the defense knew that she would be criticized for ANY show of emotion on her face. And, sure enough, people are trying so hard to psychoanalyze her based simply on her appearance in court.
Psychoanalysts, psychotherapists and other therapeutic-like professionals are trained to look at facial expressions, body language, behavior, affect, etc. I think watching a defendant over weeks and weeks of time does create a picture of someone. And, looking at their behavior before the alleged crime, after, etc. --all of it meas something.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Who do you think killed Caylee?

Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
...she said her family was not so much dysfunctional, but trying to cope with a psychopathic member causes the family to become dysfunctional.
It seems that Casey's ex boyfriend thinks that the family had serious problems. Ex-fiance: Anthony family a

Old 07-09-2011, 04:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I have seen "normal" families have a child that creates chaos in the family system, and actually create and cause dysfunction, in reaction to dealing with the child who creates the chaos, because this child does not "fit" or "act" like a normal person does. Casey was quite a drinker, according to some. Think how an addict changes a family, creating an enabler, a passive-aggressive reaction in another...everyone has their own method of dealing with the "Casey", and unless everyone is on the same page, the "Casey" just runs the show, creating different reactions with everyone in the system.

Even not in the family system Casey is still impacting everyone in the family. Interesting dynamic. I have seen this happen, with parents who send the problem child away to school, it still does not fix anything.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Even not in the family system Casey is still impacting everyone in the family. Interesting dynamic. I have seen this happen, with parents who send the problem child away to school, it still does not fix anything.

Really agree with this. Good point. She doesn't have to be physically present to be psychologically present! The dynamics are still there, acting "as if" she were still there. I think only death can break some dysfunctional bonds, but sometimes people have to work at it still after that. Strange how strong the affect of one psyche on the rest of the familly system.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:40 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I do not believe George Anthony molested Casey Anthony.
What do you think could cause an innocent little child (which she was at one time) to turn into the liar that she is today?
Forgetting the fact that she is on trial for murder and the jury is not in on that one, she has been proved to be one of the biggest liars in history.
What in the world could really cause this?
Did she feel left out or what?
Did George get all engrossed in his life and forget about her unless she had some story to tell him?
I would like to understand how this happens to children, it is really sad to see these parents and know they must be asking themselves what they did wrong.
Her mother, Cindy. Just as big of a liar as Casey...if not bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime