Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 03:50 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
Were other unknown kidnappers the killers? This question leads to only one other: Motive?

In any case, would killers risk going to the bay, not knowing when either the police or media might show up, where they might be caught either going out to dump the body or coming back in and being confronted? The bay, where not only police and media were looking for Laci, but her family visited and possibly any members of the general public taking interest in the case and/or searching for Laci. This proposition is so difficult to even entertain.

This scenario of killers other than Scott Peterson is so far-fetched, it's nearly a waste of time to consider since speculation defies reasoning.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 04:57 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times
Quote:
His story is he drove about 180 minutes, round-trip to fish for only about 60 minutes that day, considering the time it must have taken him to get his boat in and out of the water.
Who does that? It's too inefficient to be plausible.
You don't fish do you? LOL

Old 08-17-2017, 09:07 PM

164 posts, read 129,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
You don't fish do you? LOL
((Sniffle)) Poor lil' fishies.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:41 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Scott told the neighbors that he was golfing, and then he patched that to say fishing. He screwed up in the first thirty minutes of asking the neighbors if they knew anything. Scott Peterson also had an awkward moment when he was more worried about burnt chicken than a dead baby ... but hey, that's Scott Peterson.

To my knowledge, Laci's house keeper was at the house when Laci returned around three in the afternoon with groceries for Christmas baking. Word is that Laci was tired and wanted to lay down on the sofa.

Around four thirty, Scott picked up his wife for a doctor's appointment were he reported that she was walking in the park, then he got a hair cut at Laci's 'half sister's salon, then he and Laci ordered pizza, then he invited her sister in law to join them for pizza [she declined]. When they got home, Laci phoned her mom, who was on the phone with her best friend and so the conversation was cut short.

Scott arrived at home with his wife, the curtains were closed, and she was strangled to death next to the washing machine. He ate a couple of slices of pizza and thought about what to do with her.

It's obvious that he decided that the best course of action was to duct tape the baby onto her body. She was duct taped from her crotch to her shoulders and everything in between.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Laci and her baby washied up from the ocean at Easter, and she was murdered at Christmas?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-21-2017 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-19-2017, 11:26 PM

Leineke, Do you think Laci picked up on any worrisome vibes that fateful day? Even at home, do you think she had any clue in those final hours/minutes that Scott may not have been his usual self?

What do you make of Donna Thomas who authored I'm Sorry I Lied to You: The Confession of Scott Peterson, particularly her claim that Scott told her he couldn't stand Laci at the end?

Along these same lines, do you think there's any chance he has confessed privately to anyone in his family?

Last edited by ohyesidid; 08-19-2017 at 11:42 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Leineke, Do you think Laci picked up on any worrisome vibes that fateful day? Even at home, do you think she had any clue in those final hours/minutes that Scott may not have been his usual self?

What do you make of Donna Thomas who authored I'm Sorry I Lied to You: The Confession of Scott Peterson, particularly her claim that Scott told her he couldn't stand Laci at the end?

Along these same lines, do you think there's any chance he has confessed privately to anyone in his family?
I think that Scott was probably more of a gentleman and more helpful on the day he murdered her, and I think she would have noticed that. I'm not sure where that comes from, but even as a child he was known to be helpful to neighbors. I think he discovered early on that by being helpful, he was perceived as Mr Perfect.

I haven't read that book.

I don't think he has confessed, but I think his parents knew that he murdered Laci. The comment his mom made on the answering machine that even he wasn't so stupid as to put her body in the ocean and provide "fishing" as an alibi. He is that stupid, and she was clearly wondering about it. Also, his mom was very helpful when he was preparing to flee the country by providing cash, and a car in her name.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:09 PM

Forget the fact that police were interested in Scott's fishing alibi, and let's look at the theory that Scott was framed ... where someone abducted her, murdered her, and then moved her body to the ocean. Who would frame Scott for the murder of his wife and why? Surely we agree that a random stranger wouldn't risk moving the body to frame Scott.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-21-2017 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-24-2017, 09:39 AM

The Murder of Laci Peterson, Episode 2: Media Frenzy

Watched this last night. The map of sightings of Laci on December 24, 2002 is interesting, but without detailing a description of the pregnant woman they saw, this pregnant woman has been portrayed as wearing black pants and a white shirt. Does anyone know where there is documentation to support this clothing? Surely, Defense P.I. Gary Ermoian collected these descriptions. Did Ermoian also contact the (2) men in the park who shouted a profanity at the pregnant woman? So, why didn't Geragos call all of these witnesses?

Isn't it more likely that all of these witnesses didn't see Laci Peterson, but another pregnant woman wearing black pants and a white shirt?

P.S. Honestly, this A&E show is more fluff than substance. Nancy Grace is irrelevant, as is Gloria Gomez. Why retell a story with few details to actually enlighten anyone, and mostly mundane recollections? Hope further episodes will be more revealing.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:51 PM

764 posts, read 392,058 times
I remember reading when this happened that when he had her body in the back of his truck, a person next to him at a stoplight, looked over at him and this thing covered in his truck and when he looked back, the person said he had a very scared look on his face. He was driving her body to the ocean.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:09 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
His story is he drove about 180 minutes, round-trip to fish for only about 60 minutes that day, considering the time it must have taken him to get his boat in and out of the water.
Who does that? It's too inefficient to be plausible.

You just dont do this with a wife at home that is 8 1/2 months pregnant and on Christmas eve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime