Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 12:13 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Couldn't she have sustained broken ribs after she was deceased?
Here's a webpage that discusses all the expert opinions on when the rib fractures happened. I don't believe any of them pinpointed exactly when it happened, just that it could have been any time between the last time she was seen by her sister at the salon and showed no sign of injury, and shortly after her death.

http://www.pwc-sii.com/Research/death/ribs.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
This is not a question of the reliability of the reporter [who does not remember when he was at the scene] or the truthfulness of thieves. This is a question of the unreliability of the reporter and the investigative skills of the police.

Do you really think that the robbers told police a story and they accepted it at face value?
Uhh, yea they did. Fact is no one knows when it happened other than it happened between 12-24 from 10:30 to 12-26 at 4:00. You tell me how the police can know otherwise? No one does except the burglars.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:28 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Most missing women don't make the news, unless they are white. I'm just being honest here. But yes, pregnant women do go missing.

Laci Peterson was a white woman. Her family also wanted to keep the story going in the media, 24/7. Same thing with Natalee Holloway (although she wasn't pregnant).
Occasionally a woman has been murdered while someone is taking the baby, but those murders are rare and are usually quickly resolved.

Murdered pregnant women are typically spousal homicides.

"CONCLUSION:
The majority of pregnancy-associated homicides were committed by current or former intimate partners, most commonly during the first 3 months of pregnancy. Efforts to protect women from partners optimally should begin before conception or very early in pregnancy."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20502288

Old 09-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Here's a webpage that discusses all the expert opinions on when the rib fractures happened. I don't believe any of them pinpointed exactly when it happened, just that it could have been any time between the last time she was seen by her sister at the salon and showed no sign of injury, and shortly after her death.

I can poke holes in the case like anyone but if you guys who believe that Scott is 100% guilty you will give me the fact no one knows whether or not Laci saw the boat when she was at the warehouse, no one. She could of opened the door, saw the mess and asked to use the neighbors bathroom, right? If you can't give me that then basically you are lying to yourselves, did she see the boat?? We'll never know.

As to her broken ribs and washing his clothes when he got home, I fish quite often and salt water fishing like Scott did forces me to shower afterwards because of the salt air drives me crazy.

The washing of his clothes is tied to her broken ribs, again as I stated numerous times, throwing a 150lb person out of a 14ft V bottom would nearly be impossible w/o tipping the boat, and smashing her all over the side of the boat, Laci's broken ribs.

Then he washed his clothes because he was soaked with the salt water, obviously letting the cops see your clothes soaked after fishing from a boat seems kind of stupid, so he washes them.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Uhh, yea they did. Fact is no one knows when it happened other than it happened between 12-24 from 10:30 to 12-26 at 4:00. You tell me how the police can know otherwise? No one does except the burglars.
I think it's very likely that police checked the activities of the robbers from the time that Scott reported that Laci was alive and the time that the Medinas returned from their vacation. Police could not have ruled out their involvement in the murder unless they had facts to support their non-involvement. That is, even robbers have alibis for specific time periods.

We should not forget that Rawlins does not know at what times he was at the Peterson house, and that the dog was found alone on the street before the Medinas left for their vacation.

Even if Rawlins was at the Peterson house while the robbers were removing the safe, why would he pay attention to activity at another house? He's supposed to be busy doing his makeup and getting setup to be a talking head. I highly doubt he was simply standing in front of the house staring around.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:34 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Most missing women don't make the news, unless they are white. I'm just being honest here. But yes, pregnant women do go missing.

Laci Peterson was a white woman. Her family also wanted to keep the story going in the media, 24/7. Same thing with Natalee Holloway (although she wasn't pregnant).
It's sad to say but yes, you are right about this. Over the years, there have been a number of women who have disappeared or been murdered but they don't seem to get the attention as Caucasian women do. That's grossly unfair. A life is a life, no matter what ethnicity.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I think it's very likely that police checked the activities of the robbers from the time that Scott reported that Laci was alive and the time that the Medinas returned from their vacation. Police could not have ruled out their involvement in the murder unless they had facts to support their non-involvement. That is, even robbers have alibis for specific time periods.

We should not forget that Rawlins does not know at what times he was at the Peterson house, and that the dog was found alone on the street before the Medinas left for their vacation.

Even if Rawlins was at the Peterson house while the robbers were removing the safe, why would he pay attention to activity at another house? He's supposed to be busy doing his makeup and getting setup to be a talking head. I highly doubt he was simply standing in front of the house staring around.
I would agree with you if the house was down the the street a little, but it was right across the street, have you ever been in your street at not noticed 2 guys 20ft away from you,?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm having a bit of trouble believing that her ribs were broken due to her "rolling around at the bottom of the ocean." If a body is weighted down as theorized, it wouldn't move terribly much aside from the shifting current. If we're going to throw out scenarios, I think it could have happened when the body was pushed over the side of the boat. Remember, prosecutors stated the body was weighted so you have to add an additional 40 lbs to the body weight. That would create a lot of pressure to the edge of the boat. Enough to break ribs? Maybe. Maybe not. I tend to think it occurred after death.

I'm still of the believe that Conner was a coffin birth. I believe he remained inside the womb, protected from the elements until deterioration created enough gas to expel the baby from the stomach.

Gruesome to think about but it's one theory.
I think the storm that set them free did it, he couldn't have been floating around the bay for a long time, as his body would have torn up by fish, like hers was.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I would agree with you if the house was down the the street a little, but it was right across the street, have you ever been in your street at not noticed 2 guys 20ft away from you,?
A woman who lives across the street from me moved into a senior's home without me noticing. Earlier this week her son was putting out some garbage and I said hello. He told me that his mother was moved out months ago, his daughter had lived in the house for months, and now they were emptying the house to put it on the market. Apparently all sorts of things happened with moving people in and out of the house and I saw nothing.

Rawlins was there to stare at the Peterson house, not to report on the comings and goings of others on the street. He doesn't know when he was there, and cannot comment on when the robbery occurred.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:48 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
I think the storm that set them free did it, he couldn't have been floating around the bay for a long time, as his body would have torn up by fish, like hers was.
Possibly so. I recall reading there was a storm just a day or two before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime