Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 11:28 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times

Advertisements

Couldn't she have sustained broken ribs after she was deceased?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 11:35 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Couldn't she have sustained broken ribs after she was deceased?
Yes, it's unknown whether the injuries were from before her murder, or while she was rolling around at the bottom of the ocean. It's odd though that her rib bones were broken and no other bones were broken. The dismemberment was at joints that are connected with tendons, ligaments, and soft tissue, so there are no broken bones except her ribs.

There is, however, no question that whomever murdered her did everything possible to duct tape the baby to her body. Who would want to ensure that the unborn baby and mom remained duct taped together at the bottom of the ocean? The robbers?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:39 AM

164 posts, read 129,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Do you really think that the robbers told police a story and they accepted it at face value?
I don't. I don't believe the police would let them get away with murder if they saw any connection to Laci. I also don't believe the police have the time or inclination to thoroughly explain every detail about why they dismissed other investigative leads. That absence of information is what drives some people into a nutty frenzy assuming the police are hiding something or at least didn't investigate properly.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:51 AM

164 posts, read 129,742 times
Quote:
Yes, it's unknown whether the injuries were from before her murder, or while she was rolling around at the bottom of the ocean. It's odd though that her rib bones were broken and no other bones were broken. The dismemberment was at joints that are connected with tendons, ligaments, and soft tissue, so there are no broken bones except her ribs.
Would it make sense the ribs would have broken when she was transferred over the edge of the boat?

Order?

1. Her body dragged to the back laundry room door, lifted and carried to back of truck.
2. Pulled from truck, carried and set in boat.
3. Lifted and tossed into water or pushed over edge.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
I don't. I don't believe the police would let them get away with murder if they saw any connection to Laci. I also don't believe the police have the time or inclination to thoroughly explain every detail about why they dismissed other investigative leads. That absence of information is what drives some people into a nutty frenzy assuming the police are hiding something or at least didn't investigate properly.
Exactly. In fact, if police had revealed who they interviewed in relation to the robbery, those people would still be ripped to pieces on the internet today.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
Would it make sense the ribs would have broken when she was transferred over the edge of the boat?

Order?

1. Her body dragged to the back laundry room door, lifted and carried to back of truck.
2. Pulled from truck, carried and set in boat.
3. Lifted and tossed into water or pushed over edge.
I suppose there were many opportunities for Scott to have broken her ribs. He most likely murdered her before the pizza was cold.

He could have broken her ribs during the attack, the following morning after rigor mortise had set in when he had to stuff her into his truck [and before he allegedly did something with the "mortiser" at the warehouse], or at the time that he heaved her body over one of the edges of the boat. I'm doubtful that broken ribs were a result of rolling with the waves at the bottom of the ocean.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's unknown whether the injuries were from before her murder,or while she was rolling around at the bottom of the ocean. It's odd though that her rib bones were broken and no other bones were broken. The dismemberment was at joints that are connected with tendons, ligaments, and soft tissue, so there are no broken bones except her ribs.

There is, however, no question that whomever murdered her did everything possible to duct tape the baby to her body. Who would want to ensure that the unborn baby and mom remained duct taped together at the bottom of the ocean? The robbers?

I'm having a bit of trouble believing that her ribs were broken due to her "rolling around at the bottom of the ocean." If a body is weighted down as theorized, it wouldn't move terribly much aside from the shifting current. If we're going to throw out scenarios, I think it could have happened when the body was pushed over the side of the boat. Remember, prosecutors stated the body was weighted so you have to add an additional 40 lbs to the body weight. That would create a lot of pressure to the edge of the boat. Enough to break ribs? Maybe. Maybe not. I tend to think it occurred after death.

I'm still of the believe that Conner was a coffin birth. I believe he remained inside the womb, protected from the elements until deterioration created enough gas to expel the baby from the stomach.

Gruesome to think about but it's one theory.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:07 PM

Oops. I was typing and didn't see ohyesidid's comment about the boat. Must have both been thinking the same thing.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm having a bit of trouble believing that her ribs were broken due to her "rolling around at the bottom of the ocean." If a body is weighted down as theorized, it wouldn't move terribly much aside from the shifting current. If we're going to throw out scenarios, I think it could have happened when the body was pushed over the side of the boat. Remember, prosecutors stated the body was weighted so you have to add an additional 40 lbs to the body weight. That would create a lot of pressure to the edge of the boat. Enough to break ribs? Maybe. Maybe not. I tend to think it occurred after death.

I'm still of the believe that Conner was a coffin birth. I believe he remained inside the womb, protected from the elements until deterioration created enough gas to expel the baby from the stomach.

Gruesome to think about but it's one theory.
There was also a cut on her torso, also presumably post death related.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
that's a lot of "maybes". Do you realize how rare kidnappings are?? Name one pregnant lady that has been kidnapped in the USA.
Most missing women don't make the news, unless they are white. I'm just being honest here. But yes, pregnant women do go missing.

Laci Peterson was a white woman. Her family also wanted to keep the story going in the media, 24/7. Same thing with Natalee Holloway (although she wasn't pregnant).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime