Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:15 PM

137 posts, read 151,461 times

Advertisements

Debra S. Nelson, the new judge assigned to George Zimmerman's case on Thursday, is a 13-year judicial veteran who has a reputation for working hard, being ambitious and imposing long prison terms.

Not long ago, she sentenced a robbery suspect to 27 years in prison after he'd rejected a 20-year deal from a prosecutor.

George Zimmerman's new judge: Debra S. Nelson

Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post
Debra S. Nelson, the new judge assigned to George Zimmerman's case on Thursday, is a 13-year judicial veteran who has a reputation for working hard, being ambitious and imposing long prison terms.

Not long ago, she sentenced a robbery suspect to 27 years in prison after he'd rejected a 20-year deal from a prosecutor.

George Zimmerman's new judge: Debra S. Nelson

I still dont know why zimmerman was being prosecuted. more than likely it is more politically motivated than anything else. it is not like zimmerman did anything wrong.
I hope the judge see the miscarriage of justice being carried out by the prosecution and dismisses the case.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times
Why do you think this is a miscarriage of justice?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
George is going down. It is just a matter of time. This won't go away.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
George is going down. It is just a matter of time. This won't go away.

hopefully they take the politics out of this case and realize how much they screwed up and release him. george didnt do anything wrong at all, and when he is exonerated i do hope he sues the pants off of the prosecutor.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Totally agree with monkey.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:54 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times
Why do people think this is/was a miscarriage of justice?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Why do people think this is/was a miscarriage of justice?

Simple, man with gun, dont' fight back...or at least don't leave multiple supporting injuries on his backside to exonerate him....sounds to me like the media, and the african american community jumped way too fast on this one.....read the facts surrounding the case....good or bad, that Zimmerman guy has a solid argument....the marks on his back, the photos, the 5 hour interview with police and subsequent release stands in his favor.

The media onslaught and african american community was overwhelming. Kind of like OJ...they were NOT going to convict him no matter how guilty he was....in this case, the opposite....

Politics are alive and well in this case. Innocent until PROVEN guilty in a COURT OF LAW, NOT public opinion seemed to absent in this case....if it turns out he is innocent, he has a civil suit I would think....probably why the prosectution won't let it go....cost too much if they do....potentially cheaper to prosecute....

Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,945 times
Hmmmmm. Let me say this. On Dr. Phil, Zimmerman's best friend and wife talked about Zimmerman. According to him he told Dr. Phil these things: He is their best friend. He helped Zim pick out the gun, that he carried with him all the time, and the gun that he shot Trayvon Martin with. Zimmerman was not on duty for the neighborhood watch on that particular night.

When Zim called 911 they told Zim to stay in his vehicle and do not pursue the person. He did just the opposite and a 13 year old ended up dead. A audio was played on the show, it did not sound like a grown man yelling for help. Besides that, he was dishonest about the money he had and applied for a court appointed attorney. I saw the marks on the back of his head, a few scratches and a small puncture. No massive injury to insinuate that the teen took him down. If Zim got out of the vehicle and pursued Martin, was Martin acting in self defense if he did take Zim down?
I am not saying he is guilty, but I am not saying he is not guilty. But why did he pursue the teen when 911 told him to stay in his vehicle?

It does appear that by recusing two judges, everything is being done to afford him a "fair" trial.

I just don't see how anyone can say that Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
tinynot, Martin was 17 years old wasn't he ? Not a little boy of 13.......

A lot of you people have the makings of a lynch mob....Zimmerman did some things wrong and Martin did some things wrong. Martin is dead, lynching Zimmerman will not bring him back. Zimmerman will get some time but, it should not excessive. Martin was stupid to go up against a man with a gun....he acted like a thug as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime