Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 11:01 AM

26,768 posts, read 26,897,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't think they rigged it, strangled her, or hit her. I think Burke did, as I wrote...
I just can't imagine a 9 year old doing this; see link below. And from what I read, he was close to his sister. He'd have to be fairly pathological to carry out this type of crime. Again, no evidence that he was, nor has he displayed any tendencies in the years since his sister's murder. (Someone posted that "Burke was a Boy Scout since 1993." When I was a Cub Scout leader, none of the 9 and 10 year old boys in my den knew how to tie anything but a simple knot...no matter how much we tried to instruct them. These knots are much more intricate than they look.)
garotte

Quote:
How would they know a blanket was in the dryer? Where was the dryer? But most of all, why would they have cared?
I thought I had read somewhere that the dryer was in the basement (and also that they may have had more than one laundry area). Maybe the female intruder pulled it out. No idea, actually. There is debate over whether JB was wrapped in it or it was just thrown over her. Possibly JR DID wrap her in it when he found her body and brought her upstairs from that room.

Quote:
Curious, though: How and when do you think they might have gotten out? By what exit, at what time? What do you think made them leave in such a hurry that they forgot to go back and get the RN (or didn't have time).
JR mentioned that more than two doors were most likely unlocked that night. He said that he regretted not securing the house. They had an alarm system which was deactivated, since the kids playing there had mistakenly set off the alarm before. He and Patsy stated that they thought Boulder was very safe.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:10 AM

26,662 posts, read 28,746,880 times
Not wanting to add to the confusion, but if neither Patsy, John, or Burke did it and they were covering for someone else.....that person had to already be in the house, right? I think I read that the murder occurred around midnight, not too long after they got home from the Whites.

An employee who had the key? (But why would they have covered for an employee?) A dear friend or relative? But what would that person be doing there at that hour? An acquaintance who had the key, was a pervert and knew enough about them to blackmail their reputation?

The housekeeper thought Patsy did it. That could make sense--Patsy never even went to bed that night and appeared the next morning still wearing her outfit from the night before and still with her makeup on. The housekeeper cited Burke's jack knife that she had taken and hidden in the linen closet, saying Patsy would have found that. (Wasn't that found near the body or something?)

I think it's certain from what we're all saying, that the Ramseys knew who did it and covered it up. It happened not that long after the family returned home. They wouldn't go to the police, which is not normal.

Patsy must have written the ransom note. If, as someone said, there were crime books around the house, it's possible that one of them would have have known how to stage the scene. Although that gets a little bit too coincidental for me--one of them knew how to stage a sexual torture scene plus their child was sexualized in beauty pageants plus she had been to the doctor about 30 times for vaginal infections in the last few years of her life. These coincidences must mean something but I don't know what except that there was probably sexual abuse going on--by whom? Was Jon Benet being pimped out?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:32 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Was Jon Benet being pimped out?

Why anyone bleaches a 6yrs olds hair or provocative adult costumes; beyond me.

Did they pimp her; yes, for trophies.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:01 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,746,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Why anyone bleaches a 6yrs olds hair or provocative adult costumes; beyond me.

Did they pimp her; yes, for trophies.
Well, I'm trying to be objective. I, personally, think people who bleach a child's hair and parade her around in sexy clothing are nuts but apparently it's a "thing" in the part of the country that Patsy came from. Of course I don't know why John would have put up with it. Unless he had something to gain from it.

Who in the family or close to the family was a sex pervert? I think it would probably take a sex pervert to stage the torture scene--a normal person would be sick to their stomach. It wasn't just a knot, it was a lot more and it's not something that many people would know how to do. Not something most people have even heard of.

If several drs said there had been sexual abuse and her own medical records even showed that she had been to the dr at least 30 times for vaginal infections (which are extremely rare in children), then I think this points to the parents (at least one of them--or both) knowingly allowing her to be sexually abused. Did they ever find anything about John? That he was a pervert? Or a friend or family member who abused her? Why would they allow it? To allow the beauty pageant may seem weird to us but Patsy and her sister had both been beauty queens. It was normal to them and these child pageants were normal back where Patsy came from. So I can allow them that much--that to them, the beauty pageants seemed normal. But nowhere is it considered normal to sexually abuse a child. Who was abusing her? And was that the reason for the coverup?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:54 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,180,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I just can't imagine a 9 year old doing this; see link below. And from what I read, he was close to his sister. He'd have to be fairly pathological to carry out this type of crime. Again, no evidence that he was, nor has he displayed any tendencies in the years since his sister's murder.
Just because you can't imagine this means nothing. Kids younger than this have committed horrible crimes, including murder.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:30 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Just because you can't imagine this means nothing. Kids younger than this have committed horrible crimes, including murder.
They certainly have.

Didn't someone say earlier that Burke had already hit her once before with a golf club?

Maybe this time he hit her harder or used a baseball bat and cracked her skull.

I think a 9 year old could bring enough force to do that kind of damage.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:58 AM

I very much agree with this. Remember, the Ramsey's had a LOT to lose if it got out that their son committed this heinous crime. I completely believe that they would have done anything in their power to completely cover this up.

Again, the only reason they got away with this was because of their extreme wealth & good standing in the community. A poor family - under the exact same circumstances - would have gotten raked over the coals & would all have almost certainly gone to jail for the rest of their lives.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I very much agree with this. Remember, the Ramsey's had a LOT to lose if it got out that their son committed this heinous crime. I completely believe that they would have done anything in their power to completely cover this up.

Again, the only reason they got away with this was because of their extreme wealth & good standing in the community. A poor family - under the exact same circumstances - would have gotten raked over the coals & would all have almost certainly gone to jail for the rest of their lives.

A poor family would have to give up junior......who would probably only go to jail until he was 18 or 21.......versus the parents, who would go away for life if they took the blame.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A poor family would have to give up junior......who would probably only go to jail until he was 18 or 21.......versus the parents, who would go away for life if they took the blame.
Yeah, you're probably right. However, my point still stands that a poor family would have gotten a much bigger punishment vs. the Ramsey's, who got away with this without any kind of punishment whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
But if you believe the ransom note, then you believe in the kidnapping. The two go hand in hand. They may have had all the time in the world to write that note but if they were kidnapping her, they would have had to do it fast. But they didn't. It makes no sense that kidnappers would drag her to the basement, molest her and kill her. They would have just grabbed her and run.

The ransom note is a red herring to deflect attention.
Absolutely correct. If this was a true kidnapping re: the RN, why didn't the kidnappers just overpower JBR & then take her out of the house? That obviously didn't happen.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 11-21-2015 at 01:31 AM..

Old 11-21-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you're probably right. However, my point still stands that a poor family would have gotten a much bigger punishment vs. the Ramsey's, who got away with this without any kind of punishment whatsoever.

That's true, same with OJ.

Although, I am not positive the Ramsey's did it, I still think there could have been an intruder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime