Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 05:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post

Regarding the bolded above, I agree; she was deeply distressed, sad, missed her daughter, and so did John. NO one could act that well. I don't believe they did it, either.

I think she wrote the note to protect Burke.

But I may change my mind again. We just don't know exactly what happened. Maybe one day we will.
Evidence after Helgoths death compelling; but not a match. After reading just about every transcript available on the case and hashing back and forth; Ramsey's aren't child abusers, molesters or participants of a hidden sacrificial cult. Worthless degraded dna with a least 6 different profiles, unconvincing overkill in the ransom letter and JBs murder, along with extensive overkill media campaigning; I've refocused back to a cover-up within the Ramsey's household. I believe they loved their children with every ounce of their being. Above, the last consideration and one I've previously refused as a possibility; but precisely where I am with this case.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:50 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Regarding the bolded above, I agree; she was deeply distressed, sad, missed her daughter, and so did John. NO one could act that well. I don't believe they did it, either. I think she wrote the note to protect Burke.
Agreed - this is what I think happened too. As I stated, I don't necessarily think either JR or PR had anything to do with the crime itself. I do believe that either one or both of them wrote the note to cover up the crime that someone else committed.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:17 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Agreed - this is what I think happened too. As I stated, I don't necessarily think either JR or PR had anything to do with the crime itself. I do believe that either one or both of them wrote the note to cover up the crime that someone else committed.
Me too. I've run the gaunlet. At first I thought they knew who did it and were covering up. Then I started to think maybe they did do it. But now I'm back to where I was in the first place: they knew who did it and they were covering up.

The crazy thing is the RN. It doesn't fit. If someone came in to molest her, just do it and leave. Same with if someone came in to kill her. No note needed. Just leave. She was both molested and killed so no note needed.

WHY is there a ransom note? It makes no sense. It's crazy. Could be someone acting out of craziness because something crazy had happened. Something crazy like Burke accidentally hitting her too hard or some very close friend or relative having his way with her (less likely but if they had knowingly been allowing that sort of thing to go on, they would have to cover it up.)

Old 11-18-2015, 08:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
I am a mother of an older son and younger daughter...so let me wrap my mind around this theory of Burke killing Jon Benet and the parents covering it up...I hear a scream I go into my daughter's bedroom and see my son bashing his sister's head in...I don't call any medical help I just see she is dead and take her to the basement...where I take my old paint brush and rope tie it around her to look as though she was strangled and pose my daughters body...then I write a three page ransom note to cover my son's tracks...in what parallel universe does that seem plausible??? It's so absurd...

Old 11-18-2015, 10:58 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Me too. I've run the gaunlet. At first I thought they knew who did it and were covering up. Then I started to think maybe they did do it. But now I'm back to where I was in the first place: they knew who did it and they were covering up.

The crazy thing is the RN. It doesn't fit.
I absolutely agree with this 200%. This is one of the best posts on this thread. The ransom note does not make any sense, considering the fact that JBR died. Absolutely ludicrous. The only purpose it serves is to divert suspicion away from the family (parents/brother) & make it look like the crime was done by an outside person or persons. However, the mere existence of the RN itself is suspicious....

Old 11-19-2015, 06:47 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
WHY is there a ransom note? It makes no sense. It's crazy. Could be someone acting out of craziness because something crazy had happened.
The RN makes sense in that while it was being written, JonBenet and her family were at the Whites. These people did not intend for their "plan"--if they had one--to go so wrong. What I will never understand is how a young man who had only played around with burglary before, went berserk--as you said, crazy--and attacked this child so horrifically. He did leave a couple of pieces of physical evidence behind (I don't believe the theory that there was DNA left from multiple people....that story was put out there by the author of a book who wanted high sales....and if you scroll back even on this thread alone, no one else bought into that theory, or at least it wasn't proven).

And he got away with it. Or he's now dead. I doubt he's in prison, as JR mentioned, though.

Quote:
Something crazy like Burke accidentally hitting her too hard or some very close friend or relative having his way with her (less likely but if they had knowingly been allowing that sort of thing to go on, they would have to cover it up.)
Burke was 9 and very slightly built. He was physically incapable of doing all the things that were done to this child. And the relatives were all cleared, DNA-wise.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:07 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The RN makes sense in that while it was being written, JonBenet and her family were at the Whites. These people did not intend for their "plan"--if they had one--to go so wrong. What I will never understand is how a young man who had only played around with burglary before, went berserk--as you said, crazy--and attacked this child so horrifically. He did leave a couple of pieces of physical evidence behind (I don't believe the theory that there was DNA left from multiple people....that story was put out there by the author of a book who wanted high sales....and if you scroll back even on this thread alone, no one else bought into that theory, or at least it wasn't proven).

And he got away with it. Or he's now dead. I doubt he's in prison, as JR mentioned, though.

Burke was 9 and very slightly built. He was physically incapable of doing all the things that were done to this child. And the relatives were all cleared, DNA-wise.
But if you believe the ransom note, then you believe in the kidnapping. The two go hand in hand. They may have had all the time in the world to write that note but if they were kidnapping her, they would have had to do it fast. But they didn't. It makes no sense that kidnappers would drag her to the basement, molest her and kill her. They would have just grabbed her and run.

The ransom note is a red herring to deflect attention.

The only other theory I can think of is that the Ramseys were (as has been suggested) part of a sex ring. John, at least. I don't know why he would do this but it has been suggested that he allowed some people to have their way with her. Maybe this was one of those people but they came that particular night, uninvited. If word had ever gotten out, the Ramsey's reputation would have been ruined. So they helped to cover it up.

This would explain the intruder's familiarity with the house. It was either someone in the Ramsey family, accidentally, or it was someone they knew. Either way, the ransom note is weird and was meant to divert attention from something and the Ramseys knew who did it.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:09 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Okay, assuming there was no break-in and that they protected someone, who did they protect? The Ramseys would never have mentioned him or her after the murder, but before, who was close enough to them to have done this?

Someone close to the Ramseys would have certainly met such a person; is this why the Whites distanced themselves so abruptly? Did they know this person as well? If it was a family member, who among that rather large family did they not mention very much?

But does this make sense? Surely they would have not "hidden away" an otherwise unsuitable person in their home, so did someone they knew live nearby and was much loved, but sadistic? Who would have been there Christmas night?

It's like finding the first wife of Mr. Rochester locked in the attic in Jane Eyre.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:15 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
But if you believe the ransom note, then you believe in the kidnapping. The two go hand in hand. They may have had all the time in the world to write that note but if they were kidnapping her, they would have had to do it fast. But they didn't. It makes no sense that kidnappers would drag her to the basement, molest her and kill her. They would have just grabbed her and run.

The ransom note is a red herring to deflect attention.
Right. Back to logic again!

Quote:
The only other theory I can think of is that the Ramseys were (as has been suggested) part of a sex ring. John, at least. I don't know why he would do this but it has been suggested that he allowed some people to have their way with her. Maybe this was one of those people but they came that particular night, uninvited. If word had ever gotten out, the Ramsey's reputation would have been ruined. So they helped to cover it up.

This would explain the intruder's familiarity with the house. It was either someone in the Ramsey family, accidentally, or it was someone they knew. Either way, the ransom note is weird and was meant to divert attention from something and the Ramseys knew who did it.

With this theory, it makes me think that John knew what really happened but kept it from Patsy -- I don't believe she would have stayed with him if she had known that -- unless she was a participant as well, which is just almost too hard to believe, but it's possible.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:28 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
But if you believe the ransom note, then you believe in the kidnapping.
"Believe" the RN or the kidnapping? I'm not clear on what you mean.

Quote:
The two go hand in hand. They may have had all the time in the world to write that note but if they were kidnapping her, they would have had to do it fast. But they didn't. It makes no sense that kidnappers would drag her to the basement, molest her and kill her.
You're assuming that these are rational people. For them to do what they did to her means that he/they were fairly disturbed. I actually think that the woman was roped in by one of them, thinking that possibly she could steal some jewelry or something valuable; I don't think she knew what the other(s) had in mind.

Quote:
The only other theory I can think of is that the Ramseys were (as has been suggested) part of a sex ring. John, at least. I don't know why he would do this but it has been suggested that he allowed some people to have their way with her. Maybe this was one of those people but they came that particular night, uninvited.
Fleet White was the one who was accused of this supposed sex ring. It was another false accusation. This was posted on another Ramsey thread here.
"Additionally, (the woman) falsely reported that plaintiffs were part of a child sex abuse conspiracy and that members of (the woman's) family were present at plaintiffs' home on Dec. 25, 1996, at which time and place JonBenet Ramsey was sexually abused and killed," the lawsuit continued.
jameson's WebbSleuths - Fleet White and Nancy Krebs ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime