Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 10:59 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
I actually wish they had done a re-enactment as well but I think it may have been too graphic for the series. They even put a disclaimer with the little boy hitting the head I see more violence in cartoons than that but whatever. I still don't get how the garrote actually works and when I looked it up the pictures were so graphic I decided not to pursue it further.
I never knew she died that way until now, as I never focused much attention beyond the headlines. And from what I've seen so far in my short time looking at things, there is no telling what happened or who did what, intruder or insider. Everything leads to everything and nothing at all. There's a reason it's one of America's most famous unsolved mysteries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 PM

150 posts, read 181,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
I never knew she died that way until now, as I never focused much attention beyond the headlines. And from what I've seen so far in my short time looking at things, there is no telling what happened or who did what, intruder or insider. Everything leads to everything and nothing at all. There's a reason it's one of America's most famous unsolved mysteries.
I still think it was an inside job. The simple fact of how the Ramsey's behaved during this whole debacle.

I can't get over the fact that John didn't search the entire premises before police arrived, this would only be natural to look for his daughter and possibly finding the intruder. It's not a natural reaction to not only a burglary but a kidnapping. He didn't even get out his gun and search everywhere. I would've also taken the family outside to the car to wait for police. I really don't think I would've spent time lollygagging on the phone with friends. They didn't display any fear even in interviews I didn't see one iota of fear in their eyes.

I honestly believe John, Patsy and Burke are all sociopaths.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
I still think it was an inside job. The simple fact of how the Ramsey's behaved during this whole debacle.

I can't get over the fact that John didn't search the entire premises before police arrived, this would only be natural to look for his daughter and possibly finding the intruder. It's not a natural reaction to not only a burglary but a kidnapping. He didn't even get out his gun and search everywhere. I would've also taken the family outside to the car to wait for police. I really don't think I would've spent time lollygagging on the phone with friends. They didn't display any fear even in interviews I didn't see one iota of fear in their eyes.

Not that I believe all of that, necessarily, but when you explore all the other options, the one that best adds up is that Burke killed her accidentally and the parents covered it up. There are holes in this scenario but not nearly as many holes as there are in the other theories.

Yes, their body language and their behavior count for something, but motive counts and the obvious clues count for more. A huge motive was Burke's jealousy over the bizarre pageantry and adoration of his golden sister. Another huge motive is that the Ramsey's would have lost the respect of the community if it turned out that their son was a murderer, and worse still, that they (especially Patsy) had fed into it by all the publicity and sexualzation of JonBenet.

To their utter astonishment, they came out looking bad anyway. Probably they never dreamed that they'd look bad and that people wouldn't believe their stories. They obviously thought they were pretty clever!

Old 09-27-2016, 02:06 AM

189 posts, read 166,755 times
Quote:
You're kidding. An "intruder," has been in your home and you think the best course of action is to just hang out without a weapon??

Really?? Are you people serious?

You'd just leave your little boy in his room and everyone is spread around in the house with no care in the world?
Yes, I am serious. He was a wealthy executive living in what he thought was a very safe neighborhood, not an ordinary Joe aware of the real world. In the fourteen or less minutes between when the note was discovered and when the police arrived, he could very easily have dithered and wavered and concluded he should just wait for the police. If he'd have done what you say anyone would do, and then bumped into a high-strung cop who sees him in the dim basement light with a gun in his hand, he's on the slab next to JonBenét. Great idea.

As for Burke, the thought occurs to me that JR could think that with a houseful of friends and police, asleep in his bed might just be the best place for Burke. Maybe, do you suppose, he's not traumatized today because he didn't personally witness or experience most of the chaos, tension, frantic questioning and worried faces, and by 7 AM was safe at the Whites'. Plus, if JR was innocent, he's in shock at this point (we are talking the first half hour), and might very well do something illogical or unexpected. Unless you've been in that precise situation yourself, you can't say what you would do, either.

The problem I have with reactions like yours in judging so many things that the Ramseys did or said, or didn't do or didn't say, is that if whatever a normal person would do is so goddamn obvious and unambiguous, why the hell wouldn't they have thought, "Hey! We should do that! Anything else will look suspicious." Don't say it's because they are sociopaths, because sociopaths know how to pass among normal people, and in fact are usually very charming and well-liked. All the sudden they completely forget how normal people act? Sounds to me more consistent with someone reacting to a kidnapping and murder than someone who is trying to cover one up. You want to say that on the one hand they are so stupid they freely offer up incriminating evidence, don't volunteer exculpatory evidence, and do all kinds of things no one in their position would ever do if they weren't guilty, yet at the same time no one they knew ever suspected anything at all was amiss beforehand, and they are so clever they managed to commit a crime no one can prove, no matter how hard they try.

Are you people serious?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:46 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
The German doctor on the CBS special said the marks were postmortem. Smit had claimed they matched the model of stun gun the show used in the demonstration, and there was no similarity whatever.
Lou Smit tested his stun guns on pig cadavers. I don't know why he didn't use human ones.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:

Even if by some miracle they or Burke didn't do it, I will never believe they didn't find the body before calling the police. They didn't have the hope people of missing children have. Like for example, oddly enough John dated her, Natalie Holloway's mom.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:00 AM

150 posts, read 181,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post
Yes, I am serious. He was a wealthy executive living in what he thought was a very safe neighborhood, not an ordinary Joe aware of the real world. In the fourteen or less minutes between when the note was discovered and when the police arrived, he could very easily have dithered and wavered and concluded he should just wait for the police. If he'd have done what you say anyone would do, and then bumped into a high-strung cop who sees him in the dim basement light with a gun in his hand, he's on the slab next to JonBenét. Great idea.

As for Burke, the thought occurs to me that JR could think that with a houseful of friends and police, asleep in his bed might just be the best place for Burke. Maybe, do you suppose, he's not traumatized today because he didn't personally witness or experience most of the chaos, tension, frantic questioning and worried faces, and by 7 AM was safe at the Whites'. Plus, if JR was innocent, he's in shock at this point (we are talking the first half hour), and might very well do something illogical or unexpected. Unless you've been in that precise situation yourself, you can't say what you would do, either.

The problem I have with reactions like yours in judging so many things that the Ramseys did or said, or didn't do or didn't say, is that if whatever a normal person would do is so goddamn obvious and unambiguous, why the hell wouldn't they have thought, "Hey! We should do that! Anything else will look suspicious." Don't say it's because they are sociopaths, because sociopaths know how to pass among normal people, and in fact are usually very charming and well-liked. All the sudden they completely forget how normal people act? Sounds to me more consistent with someone reacting to a kidnapping and murder than someone who is trying to cover one up. You want to say that on the one hand they are so stupid they freely offer up incriminating evidence, don't volunteer exculpatory evidence, and do all kinds of things no one in their position would ever do if they weren't guilty, yet at the same time no one they knew ever suspected anything at all was amiss beforehand, and they are so clever they managed to commit a crime no one can prove, no matter how hard they try.

Are you people serious?

In my opinion and also in the opinion of people who are professional criminal behaviorists, the Ramsey's acted guilty and covered up a crime.

If you just put yourself in Patsy's position, imagining the note was real, what would you do? You find your daughter missing and there's possibly been a break in while you were asleep?

The natural reaction to that would be to search the entire house for the intruder with a weapon. You either do that or get out of the house as fast as possible with your family. I'm assuming you've never been robbed but there's a lot of fear and the feeling of being totally violated. You'd be scared for your life and everyone's life around you. That note talked about beheading and killing their daughter. They did exactly opposite of what the note told them to do. That in itself speaks volumes.

I mean just close your eyes and imagine you wake up and you find that ransom note, your daughter's gone-- what would you really do?

They messed up because they're terrible liars but there wasn't enough evidence to convict them in the court of law. I have no idea who's prints if any were on the garrote. I don't have the fingerprint report. The only reason they aren't sitting in jail is because John contaminated the crime scene. That along with again, we the public do not have the CSI fingerprint report..those have never been released.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:19 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
The doctor did not examine the duct tape that had been removed from the body, but it would be a reasonable assumption for Karr to make that it had mucous on it if it was fastened right below her nose....
All I'm interested is whether there was mucous on the duct tape at all. I have never read this before, and find it odd that, if it's true, why evidence that had to be apparent nearly 20 years ago is now being made public. (The autopsy report notes what appears to be mucous on the sleeve of her shirt.)

Karr doesn't interest me, especially since his DNA did not match the DNA found mixed with blood in JBR's underwear.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
All I'm interested is whether there was mucous on the duct tape at all. I have never read this before, and find it odd that, if it's true, why evidence that had to be apparent nearly 20 years ago is now being made public. (The autopsy report notes what appears to be mucous on the sleeve of her shirt.)

Karr doesn't interest me, especially since his DNA did not match the DNA found mixed with blood in JBR's underwear.
It was made public in 2006 when Karr was arrested.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:28 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

How is mucous on the tape evidence of anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime