Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2020, 08:12 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
If a stun gun had to be used on a little child, it seems to rule out a male perpetrator. The kid is only 4 and a half feet tall and weighs about 70 pounds. There goes the whole male sexual assault theory and the intruder theory.

There is so much staging. It becomes obvious. The ransom note is just too wishy-washy to be taken seriously. Maybe they'll do this. If you do this or that, we might do that. I think it's obvious that they didn't want to get caught with lengthy practice notes littering the house and they just added on to what they had.

I think the family pediatrician may have refused to corroborate the opinion of the visits.
I thought they discarded the idea that it might have been a stun gun. Not sure about that though. After that they started floating the idea that the marks probably were made by a toy train track--something like what Burke would have had.

There's reason to think Patsy did it--she was stressed out from all the parties, maybe drunk from the party they had just returned from, she was high strung maybe? and it's been said that she was a perfectionist and very controlling. Maybe she just snapped.

Or it was John. He probably had been molesting her for a while and some of the medical examiners said they say evidence of that, of old wounds inside her that were healing, scars too. And that her vagina was stretched out as if she had been molested.

Or it could have been Burke who was jealous of her and hated her. He admitted on Dr Phil's tv show that he went back downstairs (with John, I think) to assemble a gift under the tree. Maybe John went to bed finally and Burke sneaked back downstairs. Maybe JBR woke up and came downstairs.

It's a complicated mess and the investigation was handled so badly that we'll never know. But the family dynamics were sick. They wouldn't be interviewed unless they could be interviewed together??? Suspicious or what? They had to make sure their stories matched.

Three page fake ransom note? Looks like PR's writing and sounds like it too. Family doctor was their friend and came over and stayed that day, even going out for a walk with JR. DA was their pal too. And so on. Money. I can't piece together who did what, was it all three? was it two of them? Which two? Why? But if you have enough money you can get away with murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 11:46 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
No, it doesn't. If the body is removed from the house the ransom is just as likely to be paid as otherwise.
Right, but the body wasn't removed from the house. Also, the ransom note said they were going to call the next day with further instructions, which never happened. Wonder why

Old 12-05-2020, 12:30 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Right, but the body wasn't removed from the house. Also, the ransom note said they were going to call the next day with further instructions, which never happened. Wonder why

Possibly because the ransom note was merely a diversion and there was never a serious intent to kidnap her.

But like most other things about this case, we may never know.

Old 12-05-2020, 04:56 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times
Quote:
It takes some real mental gymnastics to avoid the obvious. It would take an absolute moron to break into a house, write the longest ransom note in history while in the house, kill the intended ransom hostage and leave her in the house after entering it with the intention of taking her away, and leave evidence in the form of a letter that serves no possible purpose. Or rather, no possible purpose other than to direct suspicion at someone outside the house.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:54 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
It takes some real mental gymnastics to avoid the obvious. It would take an absolute moron to break into a house, write the longest ransom note in history while in the house, kill the intended ransom hostage and leave her in the house after entering it with the intention of taking her away, and leave evidence in the form of a letter that serves no possible purpose. Or rather, no possible purpose other than to direct suspicion at someone outside the house.
Yup, I agree. The "ransom note" is a howler. Patsy wrote that note, period.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:28 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
If a stun gun had to be used on a little child, it seems to rule out a male perpetrator.
It would certainly rule out the parents, since if they wanted to kill her, they wouldn’t have needed a stun gun (as PR stated somewhere). But if you were a 20 year old male with his girlfriend, maybe you didn’t want the child you were trying to kidnap to scream.....just guessing. Lou Smit also believed that a stun gun was used.

Quote:
There is so much staging.
She couldn't have been molested after she was hit on the head, if that's what you mean. Per the autopsy, the blood found in her vaginal area meant that she was alive while she was being molested. And strangulation of a dead body would not have produced the ligature marks around her neck, or the fingernail dig marks, etc,...

Quote:
I think the family pediatrician may have refused to corroborate the opinion of the visits.
from a previous post:
Dr. Beuf would be subjecting himself to loss of his license and criminal prosecution if he lied or tampered with evidence. The lack of any signs of abuse were confirmed by Dr. Bernhard in her report for Boulder County Social Services.

And another post on this thread:

"...Five references in the medical file were about JBR's vaginal area. One was about a phone report her mother related to a possible bladder infection, another was about how to treat chicken pox in her vaginal area, another (which was filed under vaginal in medical notes) was about diarrhea. Medical records show JBR received two well-child checks by her pediatrician that included examinations of her vaginal area, and both results were "clear."

In her book We Have Your Daughter, Woodward includes a photocopy of the letter that Dr. Beuf wrote to the Boulder Police Department stating no prior sexual abuse.

Also from this thread:
"More info on no prior sexual abuse found, from the A & E documentary (this has been posted before):

From the autopsy: "The hymen itself is represented by a rim of mucosal tissue extending clockwise between the 2 and 10:00 positions."

Richard Krugman, a member of the DA's special team, openly disputed the rumor that the autopsy proved prior abuse - said not all kinds of sexual abuse left physical signs but that the concentric hymen described in the autopsy was "perfectly normal".

Another previous post:
"Quotes from A&E documentary:

Tracey to Dr. Beuf: JonBenet was brought to see you on 27 occasions. Does this number of visits strike you as excessive?

Dr. Beuf: No, I don't think it's excessive under the circumstances. I went through her chart and
summarized the types of visits she had in the office in the few years prior to her death. She was here three times for annual well-child visits, one time for stomach ache, one time for vaginitis, one time for a bruised nose from a fall at a local market, and 21 times for colds, sinusitis, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, hay fever, and possible asthma. A pretty wide spectrum of generally allergy and respiratory system associated problems which are not uncommon with kids her age.

Tracey: So that number 27, one would expect that other children would have similar numbers of visits?

Dr. Beuf: Some more and in some cases less than others.

Tracey: In that kind of time frame?

Dr. Beuf: Yes.

Tracey: Did you see any signs of any kind of sexual or physical abuse of JonBenet Ramsey?

Dr. Beuf: I saw absolutely no signs of sexual abuse. I had no suspicion of it.

Man: Other media stories have suggested that vaginal inflamation released in the autopsy report suggests previous sexual abuse. This conclusion is not supported by the balance of medical opinion.

Dr. Thomas Henry: {Denver Medical Examiner} From what is noted in the autopsy report, there is no evidence of injury to the anus, there is no evidence of injury to the skin around the vagina, the labia.There is no indication of healed scars in any of those areas. There is no other indication from the autopsy report at all that there is any other previous injuries that have healed in that area.

Man: But the absence of physical evidence in itself is not conclusive. So is there any other evidence for the media's claim?"

Old 12-05-2020, 06:55 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Yes. That's why I think it was someone internal (in the family).

Old 12-05-2020, 07:17 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Yes. That's why I think it was someone internal (in the family).
It practically had to be someone within the family. There were no signs of an intruder, the Ramseys did so many suspicious things to prevent being caught. They wouldn't even consent to be interviewed unless they were interviewed together. They wouldn't take lie detector tests except ones that they themselves paid for (ha! if you PAY for it are they going to say you're guilty?)

Plus all the other stuff that I and many others have already posted, such as a good chance that she was being molested by JR. I don't even think it was Burke anymore but I used to think it was him.

I think either PR or JR blamed it on Burke so the other one would stand by them. Maybe Burke played some part in it but I think one of the parents did most of it and JR staged it.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:40 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Or rather, no possible purpose other than to direct suspicion at someone outside the house.

There is little doubt in my mind that the ransom note was intended to throw LE off the trail of the killer (although none of us can prove that), but it would have been equally effective diversion if it was someone from outside the house who thought they might become a suspect.

Old 12-05-2020, 08:07 PM

566 posts, read 678,277 times
Maybe someone inside this family worried that forensics would discover that she had been sexually abused long before her death, so they set up a strangulation scenario piled onto other abuses of this poor, tortured, beautiful, child, to cover their tracks. John Ramsey finally admitted that he was alone in the basement with her body for 40 minutes before police came.. The way the knot was tied around her neck was similar to someone who was experienced in tying Navy knots and John Ramsey was in the Navy. Some moral imbeciles wrote a ransom note and strangled her around the same time inside the house. They had to think quick, and got their lies mixed up. Handwriting experts think Patsy wrote the note. However, DNA evidence has ruled out the family and nearly everyone who interacted with the family and John and Patsy also passed lie detector tests, Burke offered to take one too to clear his name, and that is where the trail goes cold. Later, investigators have tracked John Ramsey taking a trip to areas in Bangkok that deal in under-age prostitution, Patsy died, leaving yet another accidental clue in writing on her tombstone and her brother Burke told Dr. Phil that he sincerely wants her killer to be found with a creepy smile on his face.

Last edited by glenninindy; 12-05-2020 at 09:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime