Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,893,642 times

Advertisements

Tucson is the most beautiful city on Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Not in the mountains! It's extremely pleasant up there. And, they're tolerable in Tucson as long as you go from AC/home to AC/car to AC/work-store-wherever.....and avoid getting a job laying asphalt at noon in July.....
True! As long as you don't spend all day out in the scorching sun, I think most people can take it. It's like how in winter most people would not spend all day out in the freezing cold and out in a blizzard but as long as you go from warm car to warm house or warm job winters are tolerable. Except winters are worse because of the snow and blizzards and driving dangers and getting stuck in snow and having to shovel before you can go to work, slipping on ice and trying to warm up a freezing car by letting it run 10-15 minutes before you're ready to drive somewhere etc. Buying winter coats and gloves and boots and catching colds and the flu and pneumonia etc. So winters are much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Ok, Marcy . . . MOST everywhere.

. . . but I'll "suffer" through July and August in Tucson just to enjoy near perfect weather for the remaining ten months.
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
And you do it quite well, I might add!

Heard on the news tonight that the latest 100º day in Tucson was October 15th (or there abouts) and this rash of warm September weather is summer unusually prolonged. Looked on my calendar from last year and noticed I made an entry that on September 12th I turned on the heat for the first time. Not so this year...still running the AC... and my TEP bill reflects that.
In colder places in summer the bills are high from running the AC all day and in winter the bills are high from having the heat on all day. Here in Tucson the electric bills go lower once it cools and AC is no longer needed and if you need the heat on it's just at night here and you don't need it on high at all. So you save more money here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Tucson is the most beautiful city on Earth.
I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson