Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 AM

723 posts, read 999,699 times

Advertisements

We have been visiting Tucson for the past three winters and really love it. We still hope to retire there some day. We usually stay at the Westward Look for our one week. We would like to come next year for two weeks. Staying at the Westward look would be too pricey for that length of time, plus all that eating out would be too much.

I have been looking at vacation rentals.com as well as Home Away.com. It seems that from January- March everyone wants you to rent for the month. If anyone has any suggestions as to finding a nice rental for two weeks at around the end of Feb/beginning of March 2013 I would appreciate the info.

A pool is a must. $1200 a week maybe? Maybe more. I know that is high season so I may be off base price wise. We were spending a whole lot more than that for a week at the Westward Look. If the place is nice then we can re-visit our price point. Not set in stone. It is our only big vacation a year.

Thanks everyone. I love this forum. You are all so helpful with the good and bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,515 times
People are welcome to provide ideas of where/how to look for a vacation rental, but this is not the appropriate forum for classified ads-type posts.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM

114 posts, read 204,878 times
Many of the condos are restricted to monthly rentals to comply with HOA rules. However, there are plenty of 1/1 or 2/2 condos with a pool, fitness center and proximity to Catalina State Park and/or Sabino Canyon for $1800 a month. For that, so what if you only use it for two of the four weeks? We stay at Boulder Canyon at La Reserve because of the beautiful views of the mountains and quick access to restaurants and retailers. Good luck!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:01 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,583,653 times
Before we bought our condo, we stayed at The Riverside Suites at Campbell and Limberlost, next to Trader Joes and across from Phillips Plaza. In Phillip's Plaza is the Windmill Inn and Suites, which is very nice. Don't know what they rent for. They might be monthly now, I'm not sure.

Have you checked www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com - broken link)? That's Vacation Rentals By Owner. There may be some through them that are weekly. That site will have both homes and condos listed. There's also Craig's List.

Good luck!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Mountainofmisery, I was thinking the same too. Actually I am trying to convince my husband to leave me there for the extra two weeks since I am retired and he isn't. He isn't too enamored of the idea but I am working on it. Thanks everyone. I did try VRBO, at least I think that is the one I tried. I'll keep looking.....

Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 AM

114 posts, read 204,878 times
Roberta,

I'm not retired but because I work from home, I can do what I do anywhere. My wife is tied to her corporate accounting job. It is rather aggravating to be sitting in Ohio during the winter and knowing I could be sitting in Oro Valley instead! You might try "homeaway.com" for condo rentals too. Good luck.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 AM

430 posts, read 1,313,315 times
You could see if you could rent a timeshare from someone for 2 weeks.

Look up timeshare rentals in Tucson.

We rented in Scottsdale for 1 week at the end of Feb. for $900.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,360,795 times
We spent 2 weeks in a very nice 2 bedroom condo at the Tierra Catalina condos in the foothills right near the corner of North Campbell & Skyline Dr. While the particular unit we rented is no longer available, VRBO does list a couple of other units you may want to consider:

VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner (http://www.vrbo.com/search/keywords:Tierra%20Catalina - broken link)

You don't say how many bedrooms you need but those 2 units (which I've NOT been in) seem to offer weekly rentals in the price range you're considering.

We like the complex very much. Here's photos I took of the unit we rented (and of the complex overall) pages 5 & 6:

Travel the world through Webshots photos!

You are definitely making the right move going to a vacation rental. We NEVER stay in hotels anymore and LOVE staying in vacation rentals.

Ken

Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 PM

LordBalfor, those places look interesting. Thank you so much for sharing those links.
ruready1st, I never thought of a timeshare. Good idea! thanks.
Mountainsofmisery, ha! Now I see why you call yourself that! It is no fun when one is retired and the other is not.....sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson