Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:16 PM

268 posts, read 383,525 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I currently live in Tucson, and will be moving soon to TX... and need to ship my vehicle and my dog to TX.
I am writing to find out if anyone has had any good experiences with companies and perhaps get recommendations on companies that ship dogs and vehicles?
Thanks very much!
DrD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 08:48 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
The State of Texas is huge, Drd . . . what part?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 PM

Oops sorry... Houston!

Old 03-20-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD76 View Post
Oops sorry... Houston!
The "vehicle portion" of your question comes up frequently in my Car Club Forum and for every positive experience credited to a particular shipper . . . there is always a negative. In most cases the pros and the cons are directly related to the individual driver and his attitude or lack thereof, rather than the actual shipping company.

With this point in mind, when I purchased my last new vehicle, I opted to fly to Southern Illinois, complete the transaction and drive it the 1600 miles home.

As for shipping your dog . . . sorry, I'm clueless.

My suggestion would be to relax, "bite the bullet" and enjoy a two, or possibly three day road trip.

Good Luck

Old 03-20-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
The "vehicle portion" of your question comes up frequently in my Car Club Forum and for every positive experience credited to a particular shipper . . . there is always a negative. In most cases the pros and the cons are directly related to the individual driver and his attitude or lack thereof, rather than the actual shipping company.

With this point in mind, when I purchased my last new vehicle, I opted to fly to Southern Illinois, complete the transaction and drive it the 1600 miles home.

As for shipping your dog . . . sorry, I'm clueless.

My suggestion would be to relax, "bite the bullet" and enjoy a two, or possibly three day road trip.

Good Luck
Thank you very much Bummer. I appreciate your feedback.

I have been researching aggressively and actually, got quite a few quotes for car shipping. Even found a website that publishes reviews for ALL shipping companies. Found it very helpful, and will be making my decision soon...

As far as Pet shipping goes... I did find only ONE company so far... quote was decent... had good reviews on a different site...

If anyone is interested, I can definitely post my findings on here.

Our plan is to drive our Buick Enclave with wife and two 15-month olds from AZ to TX.
We all want to be in one car when making this long drive... so we decided to ship my other car to TX.
Have a Great Dane and Yorkie... and having them tag along would get pretty stressful... hence the need to ship them as well

I appreciate your response Bummer.
Have a nice day.
DrD

Old 03-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Ouch, DrD . . . your request makes much more sense with this new / additional information.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Ouch, DrD . . . your request makes much more sense with this new / additional information.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:16 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
Breeders ship dogs by plane regularly, in cargo, but personally I would NOT ship a Yorkie in Cargo.
Also, when it's hot, airports in places like AZ and TX don't allow dogs in cargo as its WAY too hot and they might die.

Maybe you could find a reliable retired person to drive them and your car to Houston.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Breeders ship dogs by plane regularly, in cargo, but personally I would NOT ship a Yorkie in Cargo.
Also, when it's hot, airports in places like AZ and TX don't allow dogs in cargo as its WAY too hot and they might die.

Maybe you could find a reliable retired person to drive them and your car to Houston.
Ooh Thank you for that info adventuregurl.
The company I plan on using for my pets will be driving SUV/minivans... and I believe they send pics en-route.
Thank you very much for your inputs!
DrD

Old 03-21-2015, 08:14 PM

522 posts, read 1,569,119 times
As for shipping your car, I got a quote from Reliable Carriers. They ship antique, exotic and collector cars all the time and I have heard good comments about them and I have friends that have used them. They are probably who I will be using for my Porsche when we move this summer. Their quote from the Chicago suburbs to Tucson was $1600. They don't sub out there shipping like many do. Many times your car will go on different trucks with different carriers but Reliable does not do that. They only have enclosed trailers and they have over $1,000,000 insurance on each truck. I am very particular with anyone that does anything to my cars. I have probably over 1000 hours building this car so I am not going to go to someone that contracts out to other companies.

This is my car about 3 months ago and now it is finished now except for a few minor details.

[IMG][/IMG]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: