Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,064,630 times

Advertisements

I haven't read your other threads, but why do places say "no"?......what is it they don't like or don't approve of or what??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 11:39 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racking7 View Post
I accidentally posted this in the all AZ forum and could figure out how to move it.

You guys know our story so I'm reposting here.

Hi all: thanks again for being so supportive!

Last night I found 1 55 plus that would definitely take me, 1 probably but I won't know until next week and another definite in Mesa.

So here are the addresses of the two parks and a little about what I like about the homes and I'll throw in the Mesa one to get the opinion of those who have experience with both.

I appreciate your help!!!!!!

Parks West Mobile Homes Estates - 3003 W Broadway - this is my favorite - the foothills actually start at the back of the yard of property, I like the home, park is small but has everything you need, supposedly it's close to everything

Tucson Meadows Mobile HP - 2121 S Pantano - the park is a lot bigger which can be good of bad. I'm friendly and helpful but basically just want to be left alone - really like the homes - I'd have pick of 2 - like both

Cypress Gardens - 330 E Main Street Mesa AZ- smaller community but extremely nice - right on Main Street so not sure about that - 2 homes I really like

Originally we had planned to move to Phoenix suburbs because that is what I knew (Peoria area) but I haven't been there since the desert was behind my SIL's house. That's long gone.

Ok - need your valuable opinions - mainly on location

Ready, set, go......
You Mesa pick is in a really rough area. Had to google map the others. Parks west would be my pick by a long shot. Nice surrounding area. If employment isn't a concern I like Tucson over the Phx Valley anyway.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM

39 posts, read 109,657 times
Default 10 best places to retire.

Check this out before moving to AZ...

Wyoming - 10 best states for retirees - CNNMoney

Old 03-04-2016, 05:54 PM

20 posts, read 20,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Rider View Post

Wyoming - 10 best states for retirees - CNNMoney

Thanks for the link - all of them are beautiful but I want sunshine as much as possible ��

Old 03-04-2016, 06:03 PM

20 posts, read 20,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
You Mesa pick is in a really rough area. Had to google map the others. Parks west would be my pick by a long shot. Nice surrounding area. If employment isn't a concern I like Tucson over the Phx Valley anyway.

I was told to stay away from anything South of Speedway and West of I10 due to crime.

I think we're going to buy a home in Harrison Hills on the East side - 4675 S Harrison Road #2. It's a safe area and very safe park and has views of all 4 mountains.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:09 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Rider View Post
Without a doubt . . . Wyoming is overflowing with Natural Beauty.

However, the article forgot to mention Freezing Your Butt Off for about three months a year.

Simply put . . . NO THANKS.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:13 AM

721 posts, read 996,878 times
I know right. If I want to freeze I can just stay here in Boston.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:02 PM

98 posts, read 237,869 times
Freezing for 3 months of the year in Wyoming? Have you spent any time there? LOL It's freezing and/or windy/cold for like 8 months. Even in the summer you can be cold.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:00 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
I haven't read your other threads, but why do places say "no"?......what is it they don't like or don't approve of or what??

They're under 55 and the mobile home parks are 55+ (some will let people in early and some won't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson