Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 01:39 PM

6 posts, read 7,399 times

Advertisements

We are moving from the Bay area to Green Valley Arizona November 1, 2016. We are looking for a corporate type apartment, furnished and with kitchen utensils. One that takes a small dog,non smokers.
Is there such a thing in Green Valley? We can pay no more than $1000 per month. Any ideas?
Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 03:25 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,804,424 times
I think your best bet is to contact local GV realtors and ask them the same question. I have had no experience with Long Realty but I've seen ads for rentals from them. Plenty of others as well.

Rich

Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM

673 posts, read 467,808 times
I would think corporate apartments would be nearer Tucson.....on the other hand......what do I know. I agree with Rich, Long Realty is all over the area. There might be some corporate houses as well. I take it you are going to be looking for property to buy. Take your time as there is quite a bit for sale.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:04 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,341,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marywb View Post
We are moving from the Bay area to Green Valley Arizona November 1, 2016. We are looking for a corporate type apartment, furnished and with kitchen utensils. One that takes a small dog,non smokers.
Is there such a thing in Green Valley? We can pay no more than $1000 per month. Any ideas?
Mary

1) Green Valley is largely a 55+ age restricted community, especially those condo rentals that are in the lower price ranges.

2) There are NO corporate rentals as there are very few businesses in Green Valley that would support such. There are plenty of furnished rentals and most have everything that short-term renters like.

3) How long are you planning to stay? You are probably NOT going to get anything as low as $1,000 per month if you are planning to only rent November to February. You may get under a $1000 if you are willing to commit for a 12 month lease.

4) I don't like Long Realty at all. They are very expensive for the landlords and their properties' rents tend to be higher than most. A better way to find a rental is to check into one of the airport hotels in Tucson ($45 on Priceline/Hotwire) for a couple of days and to drive around Green valley looking for "for rent by owner" signs. In general you can easily find a place and move in in only 2-5 days. Every neighborhood has a few rental properties looking for a long term tenant. Also, you will find ads in the Green Valley News.

5) There are 110 HOAs in Green Valley. There are perhaps 20 of them that have long term rentals in your price range. The ones that come to mind are Villas East and Villas West and some of the Desert Hills neighborhoods.

I am a 12 month resident and very active in both Green Valley Recreation and Green Valley Council. My wife "house sits" for about 20 snowbirds.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:42 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,804,424 times
The post recommending driving around Green Valley and looking for "Rent by Owner" signs is a good idea. Try Abrego (a road in GV) as I've seen quite a few such signs along that stretch of Green Valley.

Rich

Old 09-22-2016, 03:31 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,871,137 times
You may also try looking in Sahuarita which is a town that borders Green Valley to the north. The only caveat to that is they may ask for a 6 month term if not longer. I live in Green Valley full-time and have a neighbor who also "house sits" for several snowbirds, I will check with her and see what she has to say. How long are you looking to rent?

As for Long Realty, I agree with jlawrence, form what I have seen, they are not too good. I had some friends who rented from them and they were extremely slow to respond to issues. The example was low water pressure in the home and it took 6 months to figure out and correct that it was a bad valve. Long also tried to charge them for a tree that died because the irrigation system was not working. The tree was pretty much dead when they moved in.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:17 PM

3 posts, read 2,902 times
They are all pointing in the right direction. Take your time about buying. There are many many short term furnished rentals but this is the snowbird season, you wont find one short term for that price. Check vrbo and airbnb sites like that, there are hundreds of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson