Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 10,511 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to the Tucson area from western NY. I was wondering where the nicer, and safer parts of town are? I have heard a lot about the auto thefts, murder rate, etc in Tucson, but there are bad parts of town where I am from as well. I also know there are some really nice areas too. I love to be outside, I hate the cold weather. I play golf and tennis as much as I can. Any ideas would be helpful. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Conventional wisdom is "north of River Road". The Foothills area and out towards Catalina are generally pretty safe.

Ken

Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Conventional wisdom is "north of River Road". The Foothills area and out towards Catalina are generally pretty safe.

Ken
Reading this forum I'm starting to wonder how I've managed to stay alive for so many years and all of them south of River...

Old 03-07-2009, 02:45 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Reading this forum I'm starting to wonder how I've managed to stay alive for so many years and all of them south of River...

LOL.

Too funny SierraAZ

Ken

Old 03-07-2009, 05:47 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
Second THAT!

Old 03-07-2009, 06:06 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,631 times
Quote:
I always meant to ask you, what gang are you in? The Eastside Boyz (and Girlz)?

Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
I always meant to ask you, what gang are you in? The Eastside Boyz (and Girlz)?
I've been in the East gang ever since I live in Tucson. For a year now in the SE. In either case my life pretty much takes place East of Wilmot.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:33 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,035 times
Default Safer parts of Tucson, Golf and Tennis

Go with the Oro Valley or Dove Mountain area. In this northwest end of town we have about a dozen golf courses within 1/2 hour of each other public and private, including PGA courses like the Ritz, where the Accenture Match Play championship was just held last week and "The Gallery" , 36 holes of challenging golf and pristine desert beauty. (also the previous home of the match play). They are both private and pricey. For a combination of golf and tennis and affordability you might want to look at the El Conquistador Golf Club area in Oro Valley. Tennis, fitness club, swimming and 36 holes of golf, restaurant and grill. (Plus I have a townhome for sale there!). I have a brochure of their membership fees etc. I can email it to you if you like. If you like tennis and a variety of easily accessible golf this is where you want to be. In Tucson you can golf and play tennis 12 months a year!

Rick

Last edited by RickTucsonHomes; 03-07-2009 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: add comment

Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilblue1922 View Post
I am considering a move to the Tucson area from western NY. I was wondering where the nicer, and safer parts of town are? I have heard a lot about the auto thefts, murder rate, etc in Tucson, but there are bad parts of town where I am from as well. I also know there are some really nice areas too. I love to be outside, I hate the cold weather. I play golf and tennis as much as I can. Any ideas would be helpful. thanks
Tough question, Devilblue . . .

As a general rule, avoid anything South of either Speedway or Broadway but there are exceptions. Also, since commuting in Tucson can be a mega-booger, try to settle as close to your place of employment as possible.

As LB suggested, staying North of River is great but there are exceptions and drawbacks to that theory as well.

Good Luck

and, by the way, AVOID Sierra's "hood" if at all possible.

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
and, by the way, AVOID Sierra's "hood" if at all possible.

! ! ! ! ! !
Because of sierra?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson