Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,714,515 times

Advertisements

I will probably move to Tulsa to advance my career soon.

I've done some research into Tulsa, and I have a rough idea about it. Unfortunately, Tulsa doesn't look like a very pretty place to live, not too bad either though.

There are two things that worry me a lot about Tulsa. There's no passenger train service to Tulsa, leaving it light years behind OKC. The real estate market in Tulsa doesn't look very promising, should I rent or buy? If the economy is stagnant, the home value won't appreciate a lot in the years to come.

Anyway, I'll probably going to spend quite a few years there. Can you tell me something good about Tulsa? I'm a single guy who is interested in outdoors, cultural events and great food.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
I will probably move to Tulsa to advance my career soon.

I've done some research into Tulsa, and I have a rough idea about it. Unfortunately, Tulsa doesn't look like a very pretty place to live, not too bad either though.

There are two things that worry me a lot about Tulsa. There's no passenger train service to Tulsa, leaving it light years behind OKC. The real estate market in Tulsa doesn't look very promising, should I rent or buy? If the economy is stagnant, the home value won't appreciate a lot in the years to come.

Anyway, I'll probably going to spend quite a few years there. Can you tell me something good about Tulsa? I'm a single guy who is interested in outdoors, cultural events and great food.

Thanks!
Lots of area lakes. Easy to get around. Plenty of golf courses.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 6,830 times
Tulsa is gorgeous. We have hiking at Turkey Mountain, a huge downtown area with food trucks, shops, Guthrie Green where they have live music outdoors, movies on the lawn, fountains, Center of the Universe, Cain's Ballroom, a TON of festivals and unique restaurants. Midtown has a ton of shops, restaurants, and Utica Square--the nicest shopping center in Oklahoma (all outdoors). Midtown and downtown is the perfect spot for a single person looking for an urban lifestyle. Also, a lot of museums in and around Tulsa. The Gathering Place is currently being developed along the river.

We also are convenient to several lakes and sit alongside the Arkansas River, which--when it's full--is great to go sit down at the Riverwalk in Jenks and eat pizza, Mexican or ice cream outdoors. Plus, some really great dog parks in the area.

And real estate is booming here, so I'm not sure where your information came from? The city is expanding at a rapid speed and has some of the top schools and colleges, music venues, restaurants, and festivals in the state. Honestly, the only thing we are lacking, in my opinion, that OKC has is the OKC Thunder.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:09 PM

We also have good music venues to watch good music. I go to at least 5 concerts a year. We've seen Chicago, Huey Lewis, George Thurogood, Reo. Still have tickets for America, Pat Benatar, Toto, not counting many others we bypassed.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Default Tell me something good about Tulsa

Tell me something good about Tulsa?

Is this a trick Question?

Old 06-23-2017, 08:43 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,714,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquetteTulsa View Post
Tulsa is gorgeous. We have hiking at Turkey Mountain, a huge downtown area with food trucks, shops, Guthrie Green where they have live music outdoors, movies on the lawn, fountains, Center of the Universe, Cain's Ballroom, a TON of festivals and unique restaurants. Midtown has a ton of shops, restaurants, and Utica Square--the nicest shopping center in Oklahoma (all outdoors). Midtown and downtown is the perfect spot for a single person looking for an urban lifestyle. Also, a lot of museums in and around Tulsa. The Gathering Place is currently being developed along the river.

We also are convenient to several lakes and sit alongside the Arkansas River, which--when it's full--is great to go sit down at the Riverwalk in Jenks and eat pizza, Mexican or ice cream outdoors. Plus, some really great dog parks in the area.

And real estate is booming here, so I'm not sure where your information came from? The city is expanding at a rapid speed and has some of the top schools and colleges, music venues, restaurants, and festivals in the state. Honestly, the only thing we are lacking, in my opinion, that OKC has is the OKC Thunder.
Top schools and colleges? You mean the University of Tulsa?

I'm not well informed, I have to confess. The population in OKC has increased by about 50% since the 90s, but the population of Tulsa has only increased slightly, like 5% or something? The city of Tulsa doesn't seem to be expanding. However, I've noticed that the suburbs are growing, Jenks, Broken Arrow, to name a few. I'm thinking of buying a home in a nice suburb of Tulsa, not within the city of Tulsa.

I'm quite interested in real estate and schools. Could you elaborate on the booming real estate? Thank you very much!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:03 PM

Tulsa likely doesn't have much room to grow. The suburbs are growing fast. If you want Ivy League schools, you'll need to go east. We have decent schools. The best local school systems are Jenks, Owasso, Broken Arrow and Union. We have top notch football and baseball, as well.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:21 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Default Tulsa Bridge Building Days Aren't Over Yet

Tulsa Oklahoma is building a brand new pedestrian bridge over the Arkansas River that looks like it's going to be quite a doozy!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa