Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 11:39 AM

28 posts, read 119,586 times

Advertisements

I am 21, in college, and work a part time job. I dont make a lot of money but I wanted to give martial arts a try for the physical and mental benefits. After doing some googling I have come up with lots of results and these places seem alright but I dont know anything about martial arts so I wanted to get some peoples opinions before signing up for anything. To get to the point what I am looking for is something I can afford. I have read about people warning not to join a "buy a belt" gym so does anyone know any places that they would recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 10:09 AM

76 posts, read 274,787 times
Check out Samingdum Muay Thai if you're interested in doing something outside of the norm. I practiced under the guy for awhile and I thought he was a very good and honest teacher. The last I checked he was only asking for maybe 40-50$ max a month as well.

Samingdum

Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,466 times
If you are in Tulsa Apollo's Karate at 51st and Mingo is where my daughter has transferred to from Muskogee. When we moved closer to Tulsa it became to far for us to go to Muskogee 2x a week so we asked our instructor for a referral and he suggested Apollo's. We have been very happy there so far and don't see that changing. Of course she is a beginner black belt so she has experience with Muay Thai and MMA in general. Mr. John Cook is a great instructor if you do go there. Good luck.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
MsJ

15 posts, read 37,246 times
if your looking for a true Chinese Martial Arts school check into Ten Tigers this is my ex husbands school, locatd in west tulsa. I am in los angeles, he lived and trained here for a while. Sifu Chris Johnston.
he has trained with the best of the best (Grandmaster of San Soo , Bill Lasiter in Los Angeles), buck sam kong , david dowel,, etc to name a few. Good Luck.
the phone is 918 447-8807

Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
MsJ

15 posts, read 37,246 times
tulsa ten tigers com - tulsa Kung Fu Resources

GO HERE FOR REAL SHAOLIN LINEAGE KUNG FU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: