Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 01:11 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
No, I disagree. We'll probably not know for sure, but I believe Brenda and Shannon were gonna get a tie vote. Then Shannon shot off his big mouth like the idiot he showed us all he is, and a couple people switched their votes. What he did was certainly grounds for people to switch votes--to voice that you are a homophobic individual at tribal council?? There easily could be 2 or 3 gay players on his team.
Just another moronic, bigoted a**hole giving the south a very bad reputation!!
When does asking someone if he's gay qualify one as a homophobe? Seriously. He asked a man who most would figure is gay if he is. Then he says that New York is full of them, which most people also figure. People assume that New York and California are full of gay people. That doesn't make one homophobic.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
I find it interesting how most posts focus on Shannons anti-gay comments and no one mentions the racist plan by Sash.

I wonder how many posts there would have been if a white cast member plotted to vote out all the minorities.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:10 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I find it interesting how most posts focus on Shannons anti-gay comments and no one mentions the racist plan by Sash.

I wonder how many posts there would have been if a white cast member plotted to vote out all the minorities.
DH and I thought the same thing when he said that. Somebody has to play the race card

Old 09-26-2010, 01:44 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:

you are correct. I think,at least for myself, that I didn't bring it up due to the TC fiasco. But then that was on the show the first week (I think) so you are entirely correct that it should have been brought up on this forum then.
I was instantly shocked that he said such a thing and that it didn't offend the chick he was talking to. The entire conversation they had left a bad taste in my mouth. I also think "minorities" are constantly given a pass for making racist remarks and that's just wrong too. There will be no racism until all racism stops!

Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 PM

874 posts, read 1,660,021 times
The reason why I didn't bring the minority alliance is because I'd already extensively debated that on another forum. The idea rubbed me the wrong way, but others didn't agree with me. I didn't feel like getting into that here.

As far as Shannon's comment it just seemed like it was an odd comment to make. I've heard that in interviews after the show he explained himself but from what he said, I wasn't convinced it was coming from a totally innocent place.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:58 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you are correct. I think,at least for myself, that I didn't bring it up due to the TC fiasco. But then that was on the show the first week (I think) so you are entirely correct that it should have been brought up on this forum then.
I was instantly shocked that he said such a thing and that it didn't offend the chick he was talking to. The entire conversation they had left a bad taste in my mouth. I also think "minorities" are constantly given a pass for making racist remarks and that's just wrong too. There will be no racism until all racism stops!
Do you honestly think that something like that would offend Naonka? I don't.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Did anyone catch that Jimmy Johnson was back, live, on the football game 1/2 time highlights this afternoon. Apparently he's been booted off. The Survivor promos this weekend show him as saying he's tired and doesn't know if he can take it anymnore.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:45 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Did anyone catch that Jimmy Johnson was back, live, on the football game 1/2 time highlights this afternoon. Apparently he's been booted off. The Survivor promos this weekend show him as saying he's tired and doesn't know if he can take it anymnore.
they were finished filming this season some months back.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:

Good point. It seems that usually when it's anyone other than a white person, it's ok. Even comedians who are minorities make fun of their own race, and that seems to be ok to most people too.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Geez, was Shannon the biggest A-hole in the history of Survivor?
Maybe he is Ben's brother.

I would think the only way Shannon was the target vote before they went to council is if he was that big of jerk around camp. Maybe he talked that way about others if so I'd have booted him too. Yes he could be a bigger help during challenges but how could you stand him the other 5-6 days between them?

Chase & Brenda do most def need split up it will sink the whole old farts team if they let it go on. Why do folks think they can find romance on Survivor??? Wait until the game is over with please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV