Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Um... actually there's a difference between custom made shoes for a historical costume and wingtip alligator leather shoes for a general business person.

and why on earth would you even wear 1600 dollar shoes on a plane if you're going to play Survivor in Nicaragua anyway? there is no need to wear such a shoe, even on the plane. It's no business trip.

there was a past season where somebody showed up in a fancy suit as well, these people know what they're doing and are doing it to show off. they know the risks involved, to claim ignorance after 10 years of the show and , what 21 seasons, is silly. They're doing it for attention and to show off.
I agree. I was disagreeing with the idea that $1600 shoes are stupid or outrageous for some people. They would be for your average blue-collar worker, but for a lot of people it's part of the cost of doing business.

But yeah, I wouldn't wear them anywhere near Survivor time Oooh hey, that would be a good sub-thread..."What would you wear if you were on the way to play Survivor?"

Old 09-23-2010, 12:29 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Lastly, I'm deeply sorry Shannon went home. Not because he didn't deserve it--I think his evident homoparanoia as well as homophobia caused a few people to switch their votes, and I noticed Probst's disdain for him in the sendoff--but because if he'd given one more week I'd have had his imitation down stone cold, and he'd have been our comedy for weeks.
No, I think it was obvious he knew he was being sent home, and he lashed out because of it. No one changed there vote.

Stupid planning, not at the tribal council, he was gone before he said a word and he knew it, the decision was made, but the afternoon before - he could have easily deflected his vote by putting Na whatever her names is up for being voted out instead of Brenda.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No, I think it was obvious he knew he was being sent home, and he lashed out because of it. No one changed there vote.

Stupid planning, not at the tribal council, he was gone before he said a word and he knew it, the decision was made, but the afternoon before - he could have easily deflected his vote by putting Na whatever her names is up for being voted out instead of Brenda.
Yes, if Shannon had made a pitch for getting rid of NaDoucheka then he might still be in the game.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Yes, if Shannon had made a pitch for getting rid of NaDoucheka then he might still be in the game.
I agree. Also think he was incredibly jealous of Chase and Brenda is why he targeted her. He made an azz out of himself for sure.

Na or Nay or whatever her name is has a real stinko personality.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Well. So what'd ya'll think?

To not ruin it for the other time zone peeps, the person that went home, DESERVED it 100%. What an ahole.
He sure dug his own grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Don't these people watch past Survivor shows? Everyone should know if you shoot off your mouth you're going to get voted off pronto!
Dumb A!
Oh, and next week, please oh please I hope they vote off a person who's name begins with "N"!
Yes, pleazzzzz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I agree. I was disagreeing with the idea that $1600 shoes are stupid or outrageous for some people. They would be for your average blue-collar worker, but for a lot of people it's part of the cost of doing business.

But yeah, I wouldn't wear them anywhere near Survivor time Oooh hey, that would be a good sub-thread..."What would you wear if you were on the way to play Survivor?"

Good idea, rxgrrl! I'd wear shorts under a pair of sweatpants, a cotton shirt under a sweatshirt, 2 or 3 pairs of socks and 10 pairs of undies and I'd wear sneakers.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
I'm old(er) so I can say this.

Saggy, out-of-shape, old people who are half naked, are not my idea of great TV.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:55 PM

874 posts, read 1,660,021 times
Survivor was never meant to be a beauty contest.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Good idea, rxgrrl! I'd wear shorts under a pair of sweatpants, a cotton shirt under a sweatshirt, 2 or 3 pairs of socks and 10 pairs of undies and I'd wear sneakers.
I'd wear my Ex Officio convertible pants because the legs zip off to make knee length shorts, and they're made of tough quick-dry high tech fabric which is wind resistant. I'd also wear an Underarmor long-sleeve shirt, a good quality t-shirt and a Goretex windbreaker, plus Smartwool socks with 100% silk liner socks, and Tiva hiking sandals. Definitely a swimsuit under it all, with a pair of Ex Officio quick-dry underwear (wash 'em and they dry in like 10 minutes), and a Tilley hat.

And...I'd get my armpits, legs, and bikini area WAXED before leaving. Plus, I'd spice up the 'oldies' camp because I'm a hot svelte redhead.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

No, I disagree. We'll probably not know for sure, but I believe Brenda and Shannon were gonna get a tie vote. Then Shannon shot off his big mouth like the idiot he showed us all he is, and a couple people switched their votes. What he did was certainly grounds for people to switch votes--to voice that you are a homophobic individual at tribal council?? There easily could be 2 or 3 gay players on his team.
Just another moronic, bigoted a**hole giving the south a very bad reputation!!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
All I've got to say is Nano Nano has got to go. A pathetic excuse for anything human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV