Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

the up side is that the Ponderosa is gonna be HELLLLL for them until the shows over. They are NOT gonna win any popularity contests.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
"Now I'm gonna quit. Not only am I gonna quit, I'm gonna make a big production of it. But I'm still going to eat my popcorn and watch my movie, because that's me. I'm NaDonkey, and I keep it real. I come from a long line of strong black women; not just strong women, nope, but strong black women, and I know they'd all be very proud of my adult, unselfish conduct here: stealing food, acting like a little girl, quitting. Because strong black women (not just strong women) steal food, throw childish tantrums, and quit when the going gets tough! That's my concept of strong black women! Because it's all about me! Wonderful, fascinating, inspiring me, me, ME! And if you don't get that, whatever, stop being a hater. I earned it so I'm taking it. I care about no one but myself and anyone who cares about anyone but herself in this world, she's an idiot. I don't need no evolving. I'm already perfect in every way. I deserve everything!"

Thank the gods that's over. I wonder how many authentic strong black women gave the TV a piece of their minds last night. I know plenty who would love to take NaDonkey to school.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
They are short a person at this point. My bet is that next week they will have the members of the jury compete against each other to see who gets to come back.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:42 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
They are short a person at this point. My bet is that next week they will have the members of the jury compete against each other to see who gets to come back.
I like this idea, except that it's not fair to allow someone back in after they've had even a few days of adequate food, rest, and relaxation -- it would give that person too much of a physical advantage.

Of course, that didn't stop the producers from bringing back the "outcast tribe" that one season. Gack.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Oh man I wanted to talk about his last night when I was still steaming! Cooled down now but if I were on Ponderosa I wouldn't talk to either one of these girls. They shouldn't be on the jury, at Ponderosa or the results show at all.

It wouldn't be fair for them to put back in one off the jury as stated but they could bring back the last 2 voted off before the jury started. That is what I would suggest if Dimples asks me my opinion.

This really has messed up production as Dimples has talked about quitters before and what a quandary that puts everybody in. I bet they forgo a tribal council where nobody gets voted off for 1 week.

Holly does have a target on her back and that is a shame because she has really played the game these past few weeks.

It scares me for our society because how these 2 quitters did, that generation just has a lot of odd thinkers. They don't see you have to work 20-30 years to build up your home and it's contents they think they should have it all when they move out. They don't stay at jobs like their parent's generations did they job jump a lot for more money. No sticking with something until you finish it. I gauge that on my kid's friends and other young folks around now days. Talk with other folks they are seeing the same thing.

Please don't anybody get their panties in a bunch I am not saying the whole generation.

When Nay didn't stay behind Dan should have been the "gentleman" to do it he didn't earn that reward.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I read Jeff's blog and he had a paragraph titled The Jury or something like that (read it awhile ago) where he says - I know everyone is going to be furious about them being on the Jury but since we let Janu, who quit....in some previous Survivor I forget...on the Jury we felt we had to do the same now or it would seem like some unfair punishment.
Hey - rules are meant to be changed and I think everyone who watches survivor would have understood!

I also read somewhere, whether its true or not, that the reason we never saw purple Kelly doing anything is that her edit was because of the quit. However Neighdonkey still got lots of air because it was such crazy behavior, hence good TV...
I wonder if the season had been better in terms of strategizing, players etc. so they had more to choose from if they would have cut her screen time as well.

I think everyone liked seeing Holly doing so well.
Its almost like the first couple of weeks were such a shock to her system that it messed up her mind - something that I think makes sense anyway - and now her system has adjusted and she's thinking clearly again, like seeing the 'real' Holly. I think this happens to most people out there on and off - its just a more dramatic noticeable on/off demonstration with Holly.

Off to watch Ponderosa clips.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:53 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
At this point in the game I'm starting to think I'd like to see young Master Fabio make it to the final. He hasn't really pissed anyone off besides Nay and just might be able to muster up the votes.

Jane - I still don't see as a winner. That Martyfobia was simply too much.

Holly - I can't get over that early Alligator Shoe incident with OldMan Dan and her almost quit. Her strong rebound isn't enough.

Benry - I just can't warm up to festering ground squirels like him, so ah - No.

Dan - need I type anything?

That leaves Sash and Cash or Chase is it? The Idol Boys cancel each other out. LOSE - LOSE. I simply don't like the game either one of these two have played so far.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
You know, Naonka's edit could be punishment as well. She sounded pretty normal on the Ponderosa clips. And noone out there seems to hate her. Maybe they went out of their way to edit her so she looked bad. Not that they didn't have material. But still

Old 12-02-2010, 05:51 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Neighdonkey! I love it!!

Anyhoo, I can't really criticize the quitters. I couldn't last two days myself. When Purple Kelly said she was sleeping only a couple of hours I could relate. I suffer from bouts of insomnia and it's really difficulty under normal conditions to function let alone the ones the Survivors have to endure.

As for No-Oinkers, she is too young to have that kind of joint pain. I hope she went to a good rhuematologist when she got back home. Something could be seriously wrong with her besides her complete narcissism.

What I did get angry about as did everyone else was how selfish No-Oinkers was about the reward. She was like a two year old demanding instant gratification but a two year old doesn't know any better.

When she stated she thought she had a chance at the million if she had stayed she was really clueless as to how wrong she was. Everyone did a good deal of eye-rolling at that one. I think she is a true sociopath in the clinic defintition. She can be sweet and charming all the while she is sticking the knife in your back and not even realize or care she may be hurting you.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
OMG Neighdonkey is so selfish it is unbelievable!!!!! I am sure ten years from now she will look at that and be mortified by her behavior. At least one could hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV