Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Was that Benry that called Alina a dirt squirrel? I wonder...did he try to put a move on her and she stiff armed him? Why else would he call her that so bitterly?

I do believe that was Benry, Gies. What's a dirt squirrel? I noticed his rendition of one was like Bucky Beaver. I didn't notice that Alina had buck teeth, did you? That was quite bitter, was it not? Guess a lot happened over at the young camp when we were stuck having to watch the oldsters because of losing so many times.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,893,144 times
There are ground squirrels....wouldn't it be nice if they had a Survivor after-dark thing like Big Brother? Then we'd get to know so much more...I admit I am a Survivor addict. I don't want a 12-step program, thank you.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:44 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,231,683 times
A dirt squirrel is apparently new urban slang for a particularly dirty ****. Pretty nasty stuff.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
A dirt squirrel is apparently new urban slang for a particularly dirty ****. Pretty nasty stuff.
Ewwwwwww

Well OK, now that makes his beaver rendition make more sense. At first I liked Benry OK - he seemed really under the radar, now that he's called her this makes him a pretty rotten guy, imho. What's up with those kids on that tribe? Heck, the only one who seems to have any decency or personal integrity about themselves is Fabio. But gah is he stupid

Old 11-05-2010, 02:15 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Ewwwwwww

Well OK, now that makes his beaver rendition make more sense. At first I liked Benry OK - he seemed really under the radar, now that he's called her this makes him a pretty rotten guy, imho. What's up with those kids on that tribe? Heck, the only one who seems to have any decency or personal integrity about themselves is Fabio. But gah is he stupid
Ok so Benry, a former "Girls Gone Wild" photographer seemed ok huh? He was creepy from the get-go. This just cements it.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Ooooo I didn't know that. Yes, the Benry is starting to make sense. Cross him off my list of someone I wouldn't mind winning. Hm. Short list left.

I didn't realize that Alina is the first jury member.

Last edited by Giesela; 11-05-2010 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 03:24 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,448,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post

Interesting how Jane (the oldest woman) lasted the longest of all in the challenge where they had to keep a bar from cracking a tile, by pulling on opposing rings.

This type of challenge actually has a trick to it. You cannot just try to keep steady pressure because your muscles tire, even though you don't feel any change. So if you continually apply increasing pressure, it will counteract the fatigue effect. You have to keep pulling harder and harder, just to keep things the same.

Much like trying to succeed as a worker in the American economy since the early 1970s.
I actually noticed she had a completely different strategy, which is why she lasted so long against the others. Everyone else was pulling the handles apart, which naturally will cause either the top loops or the bottom loops to eventually feel differing pressure, causing one or the other to open up a bit and slip.

What Jane was doing, was pulling out on the bottom while simultaneously pushing IN on the top. That's the way to make that trick work. Here's a screen grab:

Look at the very top loop. Notice how it's held in her right hand and the pressure point against the pole is on the right, with the gap on the left side of the pole. You can kind of make out the same in the opposite direction on the one just below it. You can also tell from her hands that she's putting pressure on the top set of rings, by looking at the fleshy part of the hand between the thumb and forefinger. She's clearly pushing the top set of rings with that part of her hand.

Then look at the bottom two rings and you see the exact opposite. Tension is being applied by pulling them apart, making the top ring of the bottom two, tight up against the left side of the post (the right side of the image to the viewer), with the gap on the right.

You can also tell by the position of her elbows and the tension in her forearms. She is definitely pushing in on the top and pulling out on the bottom.

You can see Fabio doing the same thing, which is why he was the last man standing:

Notice how everyone but Jane, Fabio and Holly have their elbows at their sides. This causes them to use their shoulders and upper arms, which gives them way less control. IIRC, Holly was the 2nd to last woman standing behind Jane.

Last edited by Jill61; 11-05-2010 at 04:04 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 03:38 PM

One of Alina's exit interviews. She is the first member of the jury (didn't realize that)
Alina Wilson just couldn't find her way into a majority alliance this season. From Episode 1, she tried forming an alliance with Shannon who was quickly voted out first, putting her on the outs with the remaining La Flor tribe. After finding a clue to a hidden Idol along with Kelly B, she formed an alliance...only to be separated in the tribal switch-up. She was able to make the merge, but wasn't able to swing enough people in order to vote off Marty, who was her first target post-merge.

Thought of by her merged tribemates as a threat, it didn't help that she was in on Na 'Onka's theft of some food and supplies. She wasn't sure why she was targeted first after the merge, since she isn't a part of any alliance and could have been a useful vote...but we haven't seen the last of Alina, as she is also the first member of the jury, who will award the winner a million dollars.

You were voted out last night after your plan to vote out Marty came up one vote shy...Although last night he only received 2 votes (Alina, Jane), did you ever think to focus on voting out Na 'Onka, who was responsible for the stolen food?

Alina: I thought about it last night while watching the show, it seemed like it would be her to go home, and I probably should have gunned for her more. My logic behind [doing what I did], is I was in that mess with Na 'Onka, that somehow we were connected. If I were to all of a sudden turn on her, it would have put an even bigger target on my back as "the schemer", or whatever they were calling me. Really the only power I had was to turn on Marty, because I didn't know Marty. Not only that, but I had people who would back me up against Marty [such as Jane].

Talk about your relationship with Benry...as he voted for you last night he called you a "100%, Grade A dirt squirrel". What was your reaction to watching that?

Um, wow. I literally sat here shocked. I was just like, what??? I mean, he had so much animosity towards me. I mean, there was nothing that wasn't shown that would explain why he feels that way. I knew we didn't always get along...we would sometimes get irritated with each other at camp, but that was just part of everyday life. There was nothing that I thought I did to warrant that kind of animosity. At least he finally said something that was entertaining, I mean he's not the most entertaining guy or interesting person, so thank goodness he had at least one good sound bite for the season! So it was really random and I don't really know what a dirt squirrel is, but I'll wear it proudly...if I'm a dirt squirrel then I'm a dirt squirrel.

Had your plan to vote Marty off succeeded, what would have been your next move?

I had thought about this, and I wish Brenda would have thought about this too. But had Marty gone home there would be 6 girls and 5 guys. Me and Brenda did not get along, but I was willing to put that aside. I would have went to her and said, hey forget about Sash, let's form a female alliance. We would have had Jane and Holly, and even Chase...Chase would have been in our female alliance. But had I stayed I would have tried to make a bold move, and that would have been to form an all-female alliance.

There's lots of talk in the Survivor media about the lack of screen time for Kelly Purple and even Dan. Are they playing strategic games?

I think the editing is absolutely spot-on. I mean, that's all I can say. I don't think they were being strategic at all, I don't think they had much to add, and don't think they were physical in any way, and didn't really add much to camp, so, I think they're getting a very fair edit.

It appears Brenda and Sash are running things. How evident was that while you were out there?

To be honest, I think they're getting much more credit than they deserve. I mean, they've made some very random moves. Yah they're being strategic and kind of smart about things, but like when they voted off Kelly B, they had Marty totally exposed. Get rid of Marty! They're kind of running the show by default, not because they're really any better of players then the rest.

So ultimately what led to your demise?

I said it as my final words: These players are stupid! I know it's easy to say that once you get voted out, kind of lame, like I'm the only smart one and they're all stupid. But just from a viewing standpoint, a lot of the things that are happening don't make sense. So many things that have happened just don't make any sense at all. Last night's Tribal Council was stupid, why get rid of me? I'm not in an alliance, I'm not a big threat. Who cares if I'm a schemer? Let me scheme but get rid of me later!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Good spot on interview IMO.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Ok so Benry, a former "Girls Gone Wild" photographer seemed ok huh? He was creepy from the get-go. This just cements it.
WOW!!!! did not know that. It makes more sense now for what he said about Alina. Can you imagine how he objectifies women? Wow, just wow!!! I think I may actually dislike him more now than I do Naonka (if that's even possible) because his choice of a profession and his horrible words about a fellow contestant clearly show a pattern of abusive behavior towards women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV