Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Well, Simon is gone, Ellen quit, it looks like its time for a total reboot of the show to make it interesting again. One thing I REALLY like to have happen is NO MORE STUPID COUNTRY SINGERS ON THIS POP SHOW!!! County singers should have their own Idol type show. Dont ruin this one with boring awful country music.

Now, with that being said, please post your "Dream" judges panel for the new American Idol.

Mine would be:

1. Howard Stern - His brutal honesty would make no one miss Cowell
2. Courtney Love - Crazy, but knows what people would like.
3. Kara Diaguardi - she stays because she's a really good judge.
4. "Diamond Dave" David Lee Roth - Dave is crazy but I think he'd call it like it is.

No more "Love Fest" type judges like Paula and Ellen. You are on a show to JUDGE dont get all goofy and start jumping up and dancing when you like something. I think people would tune in just to see my judges lineup. They would be AWESOME!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,649 times
I think Chris Isaac and Harry Connick Jr. both work, as the stories are saying. Timberlake, not so much with the time effort needed and the temperment. Use him as a mentor but I would say no to the judge role. I like Randy and am indifferent about Kara. Jamie Foxx might work.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Looks like they have already confirmed the judges for the next season:

Randy Jackson
Steven Tyler
Jennifer Lopez

Pretty good A.I.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I'd add Flava Flav and Sharon Osborne

Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
Talking Gene simmons

Without question, the most authoritative move would be to add Gene Simmons to the show.

Gene Simmons.

An authority on talent, how to manage yourself and navigate through the difficult waters of the music business, accomplished musician and an all around funny guy. Good judge of character, honest, brutal, witty and ratings-maker. He’ll make you cringe, cry and laugh all in one breath.

He needs to replace Simon. Ratings would flourish.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David C Rocker View Post
Without question, the most authoritative move would be to add Gene Simmons to the show.

Gene Simmons.

An authority on talent, how to manage yourself and navigate through the difficult waters of the music business, accomplished musician and an all around funny guy. Good judge of character, honest, brutal, witty and ratings-maker. He’ll make you cringe, cry and laugh all in one breath.

He needs to replace Simon. Ratings would flourish.

Good choice. He would be a big draw for people of all ages and his opinion would be respected.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
If they added Howard, I wouldn't watch it anymore. He's not in the music business so what gives him the right to judge in a music contest.

Not sure about Courtney on the show since she's so weird and crazy lately. Also, this is totally not her music scene.

I like Kara! At least she's in the music business and knows what it is all about.

Don't really have an opinion on David as judge.

I'm not sure who I'd add as a judge. I kind of hope they let Randy go. If they're going to add all new judges. Why keep him on the show?

Old 07-31-2010, 06:59 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well, Simon is gone, Ellen quit, it looks like its time for a total reboot of the show to make it interesting again. One thing I REALLY like to have happen is NO MORE STUPID COUNTRY SINGERS ON THIS POP SHOW!!! Country singers should have their own Idol type show. Dont ruin this one with boring awful country music.

Now, with that being said, please post your "Dream" judges panel for the new American Idol.

Before I proceed with my picks, do us all a favor and please spare us the country-bashing. That belongs on another thread, not this one that you put together. American Idol is all about diversity, and they cover all genres of music. If you don't like the portion of the program that features anything country, just simply change the dadgum channel.

Now, here are my picks for the panel. It should be three people, not four. Four was never really a good idea. An odd number makes for a better make-or-breaker.

1. Randy Jackson. Whether anyone loves him or hates him, he does offer a fresh perspective, even though his approach seems shallow to some. He's the right guy to serve on the AI panel.

2. Kara DioGuardi. Yes, we know her contract has not yet been renewed, contrary to some reports. She has the right frame of mind and has the industry experience.

3. Gene Simmons. He seems to be a favorite to replace Simon, but in my opinion, he's a logical choice when you look at his years in the business as an artist.

There you go with my picks. That's who should do AI.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
I recommend they cancel the show and end it for GOOD.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Ruth Joan Bader Ginsburg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV