Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,352 times

Advertisements

Any idol fans out there? i for one am a big fan, alot of great singers this year, but i honestly think its a disgrace that someone like Sanjaya, ( a nice guy and all) keeps getting voted to move on in the competition even though its obvious he cant sing well.

Dont you think it would be wrong if somone like Melinda doolittle, or Jordin Sparks , people who can actually sing gets voted off before Sanjaya because its almost like a big joke voting for him

Enough with my peeve about the show my favorite this year is Jordin Sparks , i think she is a great singer/performer , with a great personality, and for a 17 year old she probably will only get better

What's your thoughts on the show, Sanjaya, and who is your personal favorite to win the competition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 08:04 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,220 times
Jordin Sparks has one of the best singing voices I can remember having heard. That girl has one fine pair of lungs! She hits notes few of the others can hit and for sheer vocal power and range, I think she has it. Melinda Doolittle though is my favorite. She's an A-Z performer with fantastic talent. She also can belt them out and she can control her voice and hit high notes with ease as well. Lakisha is also one hell of a singer. I was ticked when the judges panned her Diamonds are Forever number. I thought it was beautifully done and she showed she can switch from throaty gospelly sounding singing to crisp and sharp classics. She's proven she can sing range as well, but I think she's just one little smidgeon shy of Jordin's talent and Melinda is still the very best. Usually the runners-up tend to do better than the Idol Winner it seems, yet in this case, all three probably will have career offers pouring in.
I actually enjoyed Chris' performance last night even though I think he needs to be voted off too. He had his act together. Sanjaya is just working my nerves with that toothy grin and his dependence on hairstyles now. It's not that his voice is unpleasant, but he has no range. Plus... I didn't like how he does the female Hawaiian hula dance

Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 PM

373 posts, read 1,852,650 times
I really like Blake. I think he could be very commercially successful. Melinda reminds me of Fantasia, who just doesn't fit into Top 40 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I like to look away from the TV for a moment and just listen to them sing and imagine who sounds most like someone I hear on the radio. Some of them sing so well that their style just isn't conducive to Top 40. I could see Gina doing kind of a Kelly Clarkson thing and Blake being kind of like a funkier Nick Lachey (Jessica Simpson's ex).

Old 04-04-2007, 03:39 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,094 times
I think Melinda Doolittle is amazing and just continues building confidence weekly. I truly feel like she will win it all this year. I agree about Sanjayah My Lord, Sanjayah...I have one nerve left and he just jumps up and down on it..with cleats!!
The bottom 3 this week...Phil, Haley, and PLEASE Sanjaya.
I like a lot of the contestants this year and will hate to see them go, but I really think there are 4 or 5 that could make it big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV