Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times

Advertisements

So, who watched it the past two nights?! Who was your favorite out of the worst?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 08:27 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
We never miss an episode.

Best of the Worst? Wow, there are so many to choose from! I am going to have to go with the software engineer from Utah. Not only could he not sing, but there was something just a little creepy about his eyes.............

Old 01-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
So, who watched it the past two nights?! Who was your favorite out of the worst?
Yes, I too , am a glutten for punishment !
Oh, my.... the female with blonde hair and bright red lipstick, no bra and tatas that hung down to her belly botton. LOL With her mother, black hair, bright red lipstick . Makes me wonder what she was thinking. (worst)
best= 16 y.o.girl that was on last night, not the night before.
The guy who did the b-boxing was interesting. I think he is going to surprise us.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:45 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Thumbs up Too many....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post

My favorite out of the worst?!......the guy in Seattle who they called "Red" as he was delusional as the day is long....runner-up-the guy with the "urban-amish" look as he phrased it! (i told my wife that's the look i'm gonna go for.. )

I think the ones who are more delusional(er) and get really offended by critism by going off on a tangent is quite morbidly amusing! (don't know why though)

Yes-i watch American Idol! (*sigh*)

Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 AM

138 posts, read 506,693 times
I'm ashamed of myself for watching!!! I did enjoy the brother/sister duo. Too bad the show is dependent upon showing the embarassment of others for ratings. That takes the creditability away. I would support a show of just the talented.

gptaz

Old 01-18-2007, 09:54 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,138 times
Hmmm
I liked the 16 y/o girl from last night I can't remember her name..
I also liked the guy that was the last audition on the first day in Seattle (tall bald headed and sung Journey) He was pretty good.

The worst...
"Red", how can a male hit a note that is so high, human ears cannot hear it? Did you hear the "notes" coming in and going out? Jeez..
Also the "bush baby" was hilarious with his dancing..

Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,719 times
What about the "lion Girl" from the wizard of oz. That was the weirdest thing I have ever heard or seen.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
I've never missed an episode! (not sure if I should be proud of that, LOL)

So far, there are plenty of "best of the worst" people to choose from... "Red", that really dorky guy with the crooked pants (know who I mean?), the "Bushmonkey" kid, the Cowardly Lion woman , and the juggler - to name a few. I've only seen a few good ones so far, like the young girl who kinda looked like Paris Bennett, and the Indian sister & brother... that army reserve woman wasn't bad either, but not sure if she "inspired" me. There was also a pretty blonde girl who had a really good voice, but I can't remember what she sang. Hopefully we'll see more decent singers next week!! Btw, is it just me, or does Simon seem even more cranky than usual?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
What about the "lion Girl" from the wizard of oz. That was the weirdest thing I have ever heard or seen.
Yes, that was seriously frightening... I was pulling for her, but then she opened her mouth!!

Old 01-18-2007, 10:42 AM

212 posts, read 791,253 times
The worst had to be my boy Nick from my home state of Utah, he was terrible. Simmon summed it up when he said "What the blood h*ll was that?, It was almost non-human". Ok I laughed my a*s off, but I felt so bad for him.

Close seconds:
-Darwin?, the girl with the blonde hair, saggy boobs, tenis shoes and bright red lip stick who was going to "bring sexy back". (and her mother, a little weird)
-Red, with the pony tail singing Queen- horrible
-The Taylor Hicks look-a-like, with a lisp.
-David Mills, singing someone to lean on, (He kinda looked like the guy on mad amgazine
-Carline, dressed in the red fishnet body suit.
All a little weird.

What about Kennith and Johnathon (the 2 guys that became friends at the competition.) I was very surprised at how nice they were to Johnathon and they let him down easy. Simon was almost human. Also a little weird.

What I don't get is that these people REALLY think they can sing and are so mad when they get harsh critisism from the judges. I sing, and perform alot for various functions, and I have been encouraged to audition, but I will not subject myself to the criticism. (Besides i am too old) I just don't understand how people go into this thinking they are the next American Idol when they can't even sing. I find it very entertaining, but I do feel bed for some of the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV