Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM

380 posts, read 376,842 times

Advertisements

Some crazy thoughts I had today:

1. Could Rick be cutting and running after this last episode? Seeing the reaction to Judith in the last episode, Rick could have seen Shane in her and decided the hell with the group. Rick might be getting himself and Carl the hell out of dodge before the Gov attacks. Not sure why he would grab Michonne other than after Daryl's betrayal and Glenn's blood lust, he might consider Michonne a better person to bring along.

2. Is Rick trying to get Carl out of danger before the big battle. Not sure why Rick would pick Michonne to be Carl's body guard other than her ability to keep Andrea alive for a winter. Again Judith might not be Rick's kid, so he wouldn't be concerned with her safety with his mindset of survival.

I know what Rick said to the group on what he's doing, but that might not be what he intends.

Again crazy thoughts. Most likely Rick's doing what he said he would be doing and either one makes a big divergence to the comic story line.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiggan View Post
Some crazy thoughts I had today:

1. Could Rick be cutting and running after this last episode? Seeing the reaction to Judith in the last episode, Rick could have seen Shane in her and decided the hell with the group. Rick might be getting himself and Carl the hell out of dodge before the Gov attacks. Not sure why he would grab Michonne other than after Daryl's betrayal and Glenn's blood lust, he might consider Michonne a better person to bring along.

2. Is Rick trying to get Carl out of danger before the big battle. Not sure why Rick would pick Michonne to be Carl's body guard other than her ability to keep Andrea alive for a winter. Again Judith might not be Rick's kid, so he wouldn't be concerned with her safety with his mindset of survival.

I know what Rick said to the group on what he's doing, but that might not be what he intends.

Again crazy thoughts. Most likely Rick's doing what he said he would be doing and either one makes a big divergence to the comic story line.
I don't believe Rick would ever not be concerned with Judith, he decided a long time ago that the baby was going to be his child no matter what, because of that he'd be very unlikely to see Shane in her, and even if he did, she's Carl's sister, and his wife's child, the wife he is currently obsessed with to the point of having visions, he would never just leave her like she's nothing. If he is acting strangely toward her, I believe it would be more about fear of not being able to protect her since he couldn't protect Lori from dying.

Michonne is a strong and quiet fighter, Rick has seen that. Her sword skills and the speed with which she can take down walkers make her good protection, she just keeps going, she doesn't have to rely on ammo, she's definitely better than Glenn with a loud gun, and even Darryl has to get close enough to pull out the arrows and keep reloading the bow.

Last edited by detshen; 02-26-2013 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
The second book is called The Road to Woodbury. It's actually a trilogy, but I'm not sure when the final book will be released....
Sweet! I've got the first book queued up after I finish the JL Bourne Day By Day Armageddon Trilogy (I know serious WD fans already know JL Bourne). Good to know there will be yet another cliff hanger to consume my thoughts

Thank You!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Director: Michonne, now in this scene you're mad at Andrea for staying at Woodbury. So glower at her.

Director: Now in this scene, Michonne is mad at Merle for trying to kill her. Glower at him. That's it. Perfect!

Director: Michonne, in this scene, you'll meet face to face with the Gov whom you hate because he's evil and ooh does that make you mad. Yes, glower at him and give him the evil eye.

Director: In this scene, you confront Rick about why he doesn't trust you and his answers just make you mad. Yep, glower at him too. Awesome!
I happen to really like the Michonne character. She doesn't float between the stark reality of the world they live in and some sort of false illusion of a make shift society or group allegiance. As far as she's concerned, everything is subject to change at any moment, letting your guard down or becoming comfortable even for an instant means death. So what if she doesn't smile? Reminds me of Andy Groove's motto - only the Paranoid survive. She's probably the realist character on WD. If I had to pick one person to trek with it would be her, we would definitely stay alive.

Merril is my second favorite character, he is who is, no sugar coating, a bonafide a-hole. He was probably that way during normal society and the situation just amplified his true nature.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I happen to really like the Michonne character. She doesn't float between the stark reality of the world they live in and some sort of false illusion of a make shift society or group allegiance. As far as she's concerned, everything is subject to change at any moment, letting your guard down or becoming comfortable even for an instant means death. So what if she doesn't smile? Reminds me of Andy Groove's motto - only the Paranoid survive. She's probably the realist character on WD. If I had to pick one person to trek with it would be her, we would definitely stay alive.

Merril is my second favorite character, he is who is, no sugar coating, a bonafide a-hole. He was probably that way during normal society and the situation just amplified his true nature.
I agree on Michonne...her character catches a lot of grief, and yes we haven't gotten enough back-story on her, but people expecting her to be a charming chatterbox are delusional. Before she met Andrea, she had been alone (with her pets) for who knows how long. Not only does that make someone introverted, I can imagine it takes a large toll psychologically to undergo an apocalypse alone. At least the others in various groups had each other to lean on from the start.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
I'm not expecting Michonne to be a chatterbox ... she just hasn't shown a broad emotional range like most humans -- no emotions or vulnerability, she never grieved after killing her pets -- and I don't know what makes her tick. If her character is meant to be robotic like that then I can take it or leave it but it sure doesn't jibe with the human struggles that is TWD.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times

Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I'm not expecting Michonne to be a chatterbox ... she just hasn't shown a broad emotional range like most humans -- no emotions or vulnerability, she never grieved after killing her pets -- and I don't know what makes her tick. If her character is meant to be robotic like that then I can take it or leave it but it sure doesn't jibe with the human struggles that is TWD.
Nobody expects her to be a charming chatterbox. We know she has human feelings, she obviously cared deeply about Andrea, or she would have dumped her when she got sick and became a liability, and when Rick was saying she was out, we saw a second of desperation, her eyes were pleading because she didn't want to be alone again. I want to see a little more of that human side that we know is there, no one expects her to turn into Beth cooing over the baby.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I just wish she had more than one facial expression (the glower). I think that was the point. Don't actors go to classes to develop more "range"?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Nobody expects her to be a charming chatterbox. We know she has human feelings, she obviously cared deeply about Andrea, or she would have dumped her when she got sick and became a liability, and when Rick was saying she was out, we saw a second of desperation, her eyes were pleading because she didn't want to be alone again. I want to see a little more of that human side that we know is there, no one expects her to turn into Beth cooing over the baby.
And she did have a different expression when she was first locked up and was viewing the little family (and baby azzkicker)...almost a longing, if you will. And each time she is threatened with being tossed out, you can feel and see her desperation...she really wants to belong, I think, but she blows at expressing herself...which has been explained as to why....although it would be nice to get more back story.

I think she's great. I wish she would talk more because that is what I WOULD DO...I shouldn't expect her to be like me. Anyway, wasn't she awesome in her little exercise routine? Holy smokes, I should be lucky if I was half as fit. And you can see her listening to Merle...she didn't slice him open and that's a huge improvement.

Yep, when they get around to showing us something about Michonne, I think we're all going to be pleased. At least, I will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV