Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Near the end of the mid-season finale, didn't Michonne leave with some others? I was surprised to see her alone. And it totally sucked how they didn't show her actually reunite with Carl and Rick--they simply teased us and the program cut to black. Also, I have a feeling the show isn't going to feature their story line at all next episode according to the previews. It's kind of like how soap operas work, the characters are spread out over non-related story arcs so there's not enough time to show them all in one episode, so I think it's going to be at least two weeks before we see all three meet up.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Does anyone think there was any symbolism to the walkers leading Michonne instead of her leading them? I thought maybe they had heard Carl's gunshots and where following them? Or did it symbolize that she gave up on life and let the walkers take her where they pleased.

I also got the sense that the herd of walkers were beginning to detect Michonne. Did anyone else think that?
I got that sense as well. I kind of felt like one of them was going to take a chomp on her any second. Maybe because she was starting to come alive again and realize that she did not want to survive this go-round of the ZA the same way she did the first time. Alone and walking amongst them with her husband and his brother (?) as zombie companions. That - and seeing her zombie look alike - made her turn it all around and decide to follow the footsteps.

As far as the walkers leading HER - I agree with your analysis. At that point, she had given up.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:49 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Commercials Every 10 minutes...

My only complaint(s) about last nights episode - Not enough Michonne, too much Carl and his falling down...
So agree Dam_ commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
There was a scene in season 3 where Andrea was making her own walker by chopping off the arms and breaking the jaw. If I remember right she explained to Milton, who was there, that by doing that it calmed them down. So, yeah, I guess like neutering them.

Ditto

The only thing I didn't like about last nights episode was Herschel's head. It was kind of like seeing him killed all over again. Of course if Michonne had done that to the Gov's head I would have been OK with that.
Yes, I agree I made mention of this too, it bothered me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
that's exactly how Milton explained it to the governor.
Dittioto again I believe it was also made mention on TD.

Love, love, love this show, so much to look forward to finding out what and where and how. I'm so happy feels like I'm about to open a most pleasurable gift every week.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:59 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
I agree...it IS a happy little gift these actors and writers give us...love talking about it and love The Talking Dead because they also are so excited to express happiness about the show!!

I was and wasn't disturbed about Hershel...sure it was hard to see his head but it did provide some closure for Michonne. She had a front row seat to that horror and so for her, she gingerly katana'd his head out of respect, I think. Nicotero had the head on TTD and Chris fed it some chocolate pudding...very amusing to me. What's amazing is the detail of the fake head...it really did look like Scott Wilson...they're really amazing at their craft!

I think, overall, that the attention to detail is pretty awesome. Sure, there are some things that have never been answered and some things that could use a slight tweak...but in general, the show is pretty dang good at consistency. It's like life though, some things are just never answered and we still move on...just as life goes on for them.

How many episodes will we have this spring...does anyone know?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I think it's 8 episodes.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:08 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
I think it's 8 episodes.
NOOOOOOOOOO! Where's the studio, I need to take a trip and have a chat with the heads, no pun in tended.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 AM

ONLY 8? I'm with TRosa...talk to the heads...

That's just too little...ahhh....

Old 02-10-2014, 11:53 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
ONLY 8? I'm with TRosa...talk to the heads...

That's just too little...ahhh....
Well, you gotta remember... this is the 2nd HALF of season 4... so, there are 16 episodes to a season, and they're just starting the 2nd half. I hate that they do that.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,960,759 times
Quote:
I agree...it IS a happy little gift these actors and writers give us...love talking about it and love The Talking Dead because they also are so excited to express happiness about the show!!

I was and wasn't disturbed about Hershel...sure it was hard to see his head but it did provide some closure for Michonne. She had a front row seat to that horror and so for her, she gingerly katana'd his head out of respect, I think. Nicotero had the head on TTD and Chris fed it some chocolate pudding...very amusing to me. What's amazing is the detail of the fake head...it really did look like Scott Wilson...they're really amazing at their craft!

I think, overall, that the attention to detail is pretty awesome. Sure, there are some things that have never been answered and some things that could use a slight tweak...but in general, the show is pretty dang good at consistency. It's like life though, some things are just never answered and we still move on...just as life goes on for them.

Speaking of Talking Dead, does Danai Gurira look much better without the Michonne Scowl on her face or what?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Well, you gotta remember... this is the 2nd HALF of season 4... so, there are 16 episodes to a season, and they're just starting the 2nd half. I hate that they do that.
Oh, I know, but sheesh! They've got the actors, they've got the story...if they continue to give us this show at that slower pace (which I love for this show), why not give us say 12 episodes per half...12 in the fall, 12 in the spring...now THAT'S something that would still work. We get our fix, the advertisers pay mightily, the actors get to keep their jobs...I've got it all worked out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV