Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 AM

17 posts, read 31,549 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to see the new season! Was pretty gutted when season one ended on the 6th episode!
Recently read that some drama has been going on with show..

'Walking Dead' showrunner Frank Darabont 'was fired' - The Walking Dead News - TV - Digital Spy

I'm abit worried about them cutting the budget of each episode of the show, hopfully this won't mean the quality of the show cuts down as well..

Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 AM

5,525 posts, read 7,116,718 times
October can't get here quick enough!

Old 10-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Default The Walking Dead / Season 2 (No Spoilers!)

AMC to Launch The Walking Dead Webisodes Mon, Oct. 3 at 2PM

Leading up to Season 2 premiere of The Walking Dead, AMC is launching a special six-episode web series on AMCtv.com.

The webisodes will give fans the opportunity to explore the back story of Hannah (Lilli Birdsell), better known as "Bicycle Girl," the infamous zombie from Season 1, who was shot by Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) in the pilot episode. Fans will learn about Hannah's life before the apocalypse, her struggle to survive and protect her family as the world begins to fall apart, and her ultimate demise into zombie-hood.

The web series is produced by Generate, conceived and directed by The Walking Dead Co-Executive Producer Greg Nicotero with teleplay by John Esposito.

All six webisodes debut on Mon., Oct. 3 at 2 PM | 1C on AMCtv.com

The second season of The Walking Dead premieres with a special 90-minute episode on Sun., Oct. 16 at 9/8c with six one-hour episodes in the weeks following. The final six episodes of the season will begin on Sun., Feb. 12 at 9/8c.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Thank you! I was wondering when the new season would start.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:40 PM

Webisodes are pretty cool.

Watch them here...

The Walking Dead – AMC

Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
I'm extremely hopeful but not very optimistic for Season 2. I loved Season 1, but AMC fired all the creative talent, so it could get scary. And not in a good way.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm extremely hopeful but not very optimistic for Season 2. I loved Season 1, but AMC fired all the creative talent, so it could get scary. And not in a good way.
Wow. I really hate to hear that about the firings. I liked the series enough that I bought the first season. It looks like they are going to split the 13 episodes into two groupings. The first 7 starting in October and the last 6 starting in February. I suppose they want to hit the November and February sweeps.

I really want to see that fellow and little boy that our hero encountered in season one. I liked those characters. He was the one who could not shoot his wife who had turned.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:31 AM

11 posts, read 16,172 times
Don't know if I really want to find out about the tragedy of the poor souls that are now cannon fodder.

*** spoilers from first season if you haven't seen it ***

It was bad enough when they looked through that guy's wallet that got chopped up for, um, anti-zombie deodorant.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Wow. I really hate to hear that about the firings.
Keeping in mind that there are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story and that I've only heard the creatives' side, apparently what happened is the network wanted cast and crew to do more episodes for less money in less time. Showrunner Frank Darabont told them no, that he wouldn't do that to his people who had worked so hard on Season 1 to give the network one of their most successful shows ever. So they fired him, fired all the writers, and apparently had all the actors so scared that everyone was afraid to speak out.

Kurt Sutter, who isn't exactly known for being the most circumspect guy in the world, said that it was because the network was sinking all their love and money into Mad Men, so everyone else was getting screwed. Which, if true, is very sad, since I've found Mad Men to be one of the most over-rated shows I've seen since 24.

Quote:
I really want to see that fellow and little boy that our hero encountered in season one. I liked those characters. He was the one who could not shoot his wife who had turned.
Well, if the show follows the comics --- and they aren't always, at least in Season 1 --- you may not want to see them again.

Bring on Michonne!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I'm with you!
I also want to see what happened to that guy who was digging all the holes in season one? He's the guy that got bit and they left him along side a tree on their way to the CDC in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV