Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 01:26 PM

667 posts, read 1,747,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Naked Zombie?

I just threw up in my mouth...
LOL, I recall a horror flick back in the day "Mausoleum". I think they had a scene where the dead were indeed naked...but that wasn't from a zombie perspective more so from 'evil'. ...and I think some of the B-zombie flicks they offer on streaming for Netflix are all about nude zombies

Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,954,203 times
We watched episodes 1-6 on Netflix and liked the show and kind of got caught up in it. Were there more than 6? If so, is there someplace we can watch them to catch up before Sunday?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Naked Zombie?

I just threw up in my mouth...
My son is a zombie movie nut. He had a new girldfirned over and they decided to watch a zombie movie on Netflix. They found a movie called "Zombie strippers" and figured it could nto be all bad since it was a zombie movie after all. About 5 minutes into the show he was a it embarrassed as his sister looked up from her homework and saw an R+ rated stripper scene and his girlfriend got up and left.

So if you want naked zombies, they apparently re out there.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:36 PM

22,947 posts, read 28,346,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I personally like the human element because surviving a disaster like that would be extremely hard.
Agreed.

Constant fighting and running and zombie killing gets old quick. If you don't care about the characters involved, you might as well be watching a video game.

That being said, getting the audience to care about the characters takes a lot of skill. You can't just have them sit around and yap-yap. There has to be genuine tension and empathy going on.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,210,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Agreed.

Constant fighting and running and zombie killing gets old quick. If you don't care about the characters involved, you might as well be watching a video game.

That being said, getting the audience to care about the characters takes a lot of skill. You can't just have them sit around and yap-yap. There has to be genuine tension and empathy going on.
Right. The other thing is that (like they've figured out in the show) it's best to avoid zombies as much as possible and only kill them when necessary, doing it quicky and quietly. Darryl's crossbow is the perfect weapon to have in something like this, as it allows him to get close and aim his shots without getting TOO close.

So, with that in mind, what would you all use for dispatching zombies? What methods?

And yeah, I agree with the sentiment about the lack of drinking or drugs- it's remarkable. They probably don't drink either because it's not available (potentially being previously looted or in the middle of population centers where the geeks are at) or because they feel it would be irresponsible to do all the time? A little drink every now and then would be fine, but certain people can't contain themselves when drunk (Shane) or may have the possibility of drinking far too much (Darryl or Andrea)

Old 11-04-2011, 02:15 PM

22,947 posts, read 28,346,880 times
Quote:
So, with that in mind, what would you all use for dispatching zombies? What methods?
My preferred method would be a fully fueled tank with flame thrower capabilities. Barring that, I'd want a big ball-peen hammer.

Quote:
And yeah, I agree with the sentiment about the lack of drinking or drugs- it's remarkable.
I dunno. If I were surrounded by zombies, I'd want to be stone cold sober all the time.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,245,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
I was thinking last night about the Shane and Otis break in. Someone in that group should have suggested getting all lathered up in dead blood again, considering zombies can't tell the difference once you're soaked in it? They would have pulled off that heist with no problem.

And not to sound like too much of a pervert but a naked zombie or two would also bring in some realism. But I know this is still AMC.

Omg, thats what I kept yelling at my tv, " Cover yourselves in zombie guts! ". Your right, that would have worked, cause it wasnt raining like last time. And if you want to see nakked...the webisode shows bike girl...well, from the waist up.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,814,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Also, what is with some of the faster running zombies? I thought they all had to go slow, shuffle along, but lately there have been more active one's.
I think Morgan (the black man from the first episode) kind of set the "rules" for zombies in this series. "Fast" vs "Slow" is a big deal for zombie movie lovers. He said something to the point that they are usually slow and easy to deal with when they are by themselves and/or doing the day. But in big groups all "riled up and hungry" they are very dangerous. So I took it to mean that at night time, the fresher hungrier ones can be super dangerous and moderately fast. A woman zombie chewed in half during the day that can barely crawl you can go up and have a poignant monologue with.

Quote:
As for Shane, although I have less respect for him now, I think he knew they could not both escape with the zombies all around, so he let Otis get eaten buffet style so he could leave and get the meds back to the farmhouse. Or he is just a cruel SOB. Maybe both.
Yeah, Shane is low down. On the Talking Dead show at the end they said shooting Otis in the leg so he would be flailing around was "better" because it would draw the attention of the horde quicker then if he was lying still and quiet after being shot in the head.

Quote:

I agree. I think it was mentioned somewhere else by someelse, maybe in this thread that was one of the reason the first writing staff got fired because they wanted too many grand scenes with zombie hordes which would require lots of CGI and make up and of course $$$. This way the drama takes center stage. Although tension is a problem because I dont buy the fact that the farmhouse they are around isn't boarded up at all and this woman is sitting on the porch all quiet and says, "did you lock the gate" to Glenn and T-Dog when they show up. Hell, she coulda got shot for just sitting in the dark and not announcing herself. But she was way too cool and collected for my taste, just chillin' on the porch enjoing a cool summer night.

Quote:
Noise be damned, I would have scooped up every assault rifle, heavy machine gun nest, and clip I saw outside that CDC and found a building somewhere that I could board up and just make a stand somewhere near food or water. No way I'd be out driving around in some crappy old RV, old Jeep, and loud ass Harley when their are a million abandoned vehicles in an around Atlanta.

Quote:
My preferred method would be a fully fueled tank with flame thrower capabilities.

I dunno. If I were surrounded by zombies, I'd want to be stone cold sober all the time.
I agree with the sober part. They did allow themselves to get sloppy in the CDC. However I don't think a flamethrower is a good idea. The zombies dont feel pain so having burning zombies running into me or my vehicle or the building I'm in seems counterproductive.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
R
That is a fun game. Picture your own family in this apocalypse.

Can zombies swim? Do they die if they drown? Since we live on an island, we could be pretty safe. Just open the bridges.

What weapons do we have? Cross-bow. Hunting Bow. Machete for back up. Malatov cocktails for groups. We have a couple of axes, two picks. Chiansaw. Pole saw. I suppose I could use my nail gun in a pinch if we had fuel for the generator. Roto tiller with a grading blade on the front? (Knock em down and grind em up)_It is not hard to make Nitroglycerin or guncotton if you can find the chemicals. (Used to make it as a kid). We usually have some fireworks around somewhere. Fireworks wouldn't kill a walker, but could be great to make them go elsewhere, especially bottle rockets.

The hunting bow is way faster and only a little bit less powerful, plus arrows are cheaper than bolts so we have more.

One thing that is unrealistic about the crossbow used on the show is that you can rarely re-use the bolts. They usually get stuck, bent, or both. (of course nothing about the show is realistic, it is pure fantasy, but i like even fantasy to make sense.).

Do dogs get the disease if they bite a zombie? Our mastiffs would be great anti zombie companions. However they might try to bring us pieces to share or play fetch with.

The WD group should find a couple of English mastiffs. That woudl prevent more surprise attacks as well as increase their capabilities in a fight. Plus they are gong to run out of people to kill off. A pack of dogs would give them some cannon fodder as well as emotional material.

Most of our neighbors have guns, especially shotguns.

We have a natural gas generator and a gasoline generator. We could probably find some way to create and/or collect natural gas.

We would have plenty of fish and waterfowl for food. We have a huge number of deer around as well.

If we could take a boat and go up north, there are very few people and tons of deer and other food sources. Water woudl not be a problem. too much water woudl be at times with no power to pump it out.

Our biggest problem woudl be winter. In WD they do not have to deal with winter. WE have enough firewood to last a couple of years and more around our house to cut down if the neighbors did not take it. Luckily, our house was made 150-170 years ago and was made to be heated with wood. However a lot of people could not survive a winter. We could probably hold 100 or so in our house in a pinch but it would be stinky.

Can zombies live in -20? Maybe we woudl only need to survive one winter, and then they would be gone, except for migrating zombies.

Walkers identify the living by sense of smell. How to the ones with no noses do it?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:58 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,814,987 times
Animals are unaffected buy the plague, but zombies will attack and eat animals.

They probably can not swim, they can't climb, and to me swimming requires more coordination.

We don't know about freezing temp, but it is established that they are less active in the day time in the heat.

The zombies use a combination of sight, sound and hearing to sense prey. Others that can't just follow the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV