Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 03:22 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Animals are unaffected buy the plague, but zombies will attack and eat animals.
I woudl give our two mastiffs odd against ten zombies. Especially older zombies that come apart easily.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We watched episodes 1-6 on Netflix and liked the show and kind of got caught up in it. Were there more than 6? If so, is there someplace we can watch them to catch up before Sunday?
It sounds like you watched the first season. I think there have been 3 episodes in the new season, you can check the TV listings for reruns, I think they put a couple of reruns on before the new episode starts.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:18 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
AMC has been advertising that the new season starts this Sunday. I wonder if they are starting at the beginning of the episodes or they are already on the fourth.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
AMC has been advertising that the new season starts this Sunday. I wonder if they are starting at the beginning of the episodes or they are already on the fourth.
I don't know why they would be advertising that it starts this Sunday when it has been on for a few weeks now. According to my TIVO they are having various showings of last Sunday's episode this weekend, including airing it right before the new episode on Sunday, but no earlier episodes are airing. I'm not sure where you could see the season premiere, and number 2, maybe AMC.com, I don't know how many episodes they put on there, but I know they have recaps and other info so you can at least get caught up with the story.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
I was thinking last night about the Shane and Otis break in. Someone in that group should have suggested getting all lathered up in dead blood again, considering zombies can't tell the difference once you're soaked in it? They would have pulled off that heist with no problem.
This is an added scene just to add/create drama etc to the show.

Otis did shoot the boy in the comic but in his Shoulder. The Doc or Hersal was able to fix the boy up no problems and allowed the group to stay on he farm until the boy healed. This lasted long enough for Rick and company to realise Hersal had his "dead" relatives locked up in barn. Everything went south after that but Otis was very much alive when Rick an company decided to hit he road again.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
This is an added scene just to add/create drama etc to the show.

Otis did shoot the boy in the comic but in his Shoulder. The Doc or Hersal was able to fix the boy up no problems and allowed the group to stay on he farm until the boy healed. This lasted long enough for Rick and company to realise Hersal had his "dead" relatives locked up in barn. Everything went south after that but Otis was very much alive when Rick an company decided to hit he road again.

I was going to post about Herschel having the zombies locked up in his barn the other day when a kid who reads the comics told me but I declined because I didn't want to compare the show against the comic again. I just may have to go to the library and get another card if they have comics there. I can't afford to buy comics nowadays, according to the kid, they cost $20!!! LOL where did the 15 cent ones go??

Old 11-06-2011, 09:51 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I agree. I think it was mentioned somewhere else by someelse, maybe in this thread that was one of the reason the first writing staff got fired because they wanted too many grand scenes with zombie hordes which would require lots of CGI and make up and of course $$$.
Darabont was fired because AMC allocated the lion's share of their annual budget to Mad Men, but still insisted that Darabont and crew do more work. AMC essentially told Darabont that he and his crew had to do more work in less time for less money. Darabont told them no, so he was fired. His crew was fired because they were loyal to Darabont.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was going to post about Herschel having the zombies locked up in his barn the other day when a kid who reads the comics told me but I declined because I didn't want to compare the show against the comic again. I just may have to go to the library and get another card if they have comics there. I can't afford to buy comics nowadays, according to the kid, they cost $20!!! LOL where did the 15 cent ones go??
Comics run about 1.99-2.99 now days. This person maybe talking about the collector's value of The Walking Dead. The first issue will set you back 200-300 bucks ( signed Kirkman Certified copies can run 1,000). I've got the first 10 or so Walking Dead comics but I've never opened one. Instead I waited to buy the TBs, Trade Paper backs that consist of say 4 or 5 comics in one volume. This way I can can read 10-20 comics non stop and not risk damaging my originals. Anyhow, you can pick up a single volume Walking Dead TB for about 12.95...unless things has changed. Right now the TV series is about to enter volume 3 if anyone is interested. If they follow the comics, which hey have been some what close, the next 1-3 episodes should be cool.

Last edited by SVTRay; 11-06-2011 at 12:22 PM..

Old 11-06-2011, 12:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Comics run about 1.99-2.99 now days. This person maybe talking about the collector's value of The Walking Dead. The first issue will set you back 200-300 bucks ( signed Kirkman Certified copies can run 1,000). I've got the first 10 or so Walking Dead comics but I've never opened one. Instead I waited to buy the TBs, Trade Paper backs that consist of say 4 or 5 comics in one volume. This way I can can read 10-20 comics non stop and not risk damaging my originals. Anyhow, you can pick up a single volume Walking Dead TB for about 12.95...unless things has changed. Right now the TV series is about to enter volume 3 if anyone is interested. If they follow the comics, which hey have been some what close, the next 1-3 episodes should be cool.

Yes, the kid told me that the comics he buys are 20 books in one. So that's actually $1.00 a comic so that's not so bad. LOL, I remember my mother being horrified that the comics went form 10 cents to 15 cents! I used to 5 finger discount them sometimes. Or stand at the holder and read them while Mom was busy shopping.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, the kid told me that the comics he buys are 20 books in one. So that's actually $1.00 a comic so that's not so bad. LOL, I remember my mother being horrified that the comics went form 10 cents to 15 cents! I used to 5 finger discount them sometimes. Or stand at the holder and read them while Mom was busy shopping.
It sounds like you got a few years on me, comics was about .35-.75 an issue when I was a kid. I don't collect them much now days outside of trying to piece a complete Amazing Spiderman collection...that and fill in a few holes in some other misc sets.

Anyhow, I'm not going to spoil anything, or at least try not to spoil it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV