Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 05:11 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
[font=Fixedsys]oh, the only one i saw was the bridgestone tire
The commercial made them look like they think they are stars.
There was a blurb about Hugh and how he's the man or something like that, then he said something about Drew, then you see Drew and he starts talking about Hugh. Hugh had on his rock star sunglasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
I felt bad for Alex and I'm wondering why the camera person didn't tell him (if one was in the truck)
Exactly what I said when it happened.
Pretty sure there's only cameras in the trucks, no camera guys from what I read or saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times
Talking just call him wrong way alex

yeah, i think there are only cameras in the trucks. you can see them plastered all over the cab when they show different angles. but on the other hand they do have a vehicle follwing and driving along side and in front. so , now that you mentioned it i am wondering why they let him drive 6 hours in the wrong direction. oh yeah, what did you guys think of the way they hauled that derick ? i thought that was pretty crazy with one truck going backwards. i'll bet that guy had a crick in his neck when they got done...LOL

Old 07-08-2008, 12:18 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,508 times
I'm really having a hard time watching this season. It's just not as fun as last season.

Rick and Drew should both be sent packing for the way they've acted this year and I can't believe Alex missed that turn...and then didn't have enough sense to know he made a mistake when it started getting dark. How many times has he made that trip?

I don't know...each week is a struggle for me to stay focused.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
I'm really having a hard time watching this season. It's just not as fun as last season.

Rick and Drew should both be sent packing for the way they've acted this year and I can't believe Alex missed that turn...and then didn't have enough sense to know he made a mistake when it started getting dark. How many times has he made that trip?

I don't know...each week is a struggle for me to stay focused.
i agree, this season is pretty borring compared to last year. it was much better last year for sure . i hope next season they go back to the other ice roads in yellowknife. i know , all rick and drew do is cry about everything.are they truckers or babies. i never seen a trucker cry like they do. and drew what a screw up he is. his wife must stay married to him cause she feels sorry for him. and big bad rick, ah, i think i'll get a hat made up cause i'm such a great trucker...lol

Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
I also found it intresting that the first season they kept a score of who had the most trips and they didnt do that this season. Not to change shows but I think they should have went without that running score on Ax Men as well. It seems silly to make it a who can get the most whatever when it doesnt really matter as much as a show like deadlist Catch.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,485 times
I will differ on this. I think this season is as good. It levels the playing field. I think it brings out who the real players are and who isn't a part of the process.

I also enjoyed the gas hydrate presentation in an earlier episode.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 AM

Last season, they used a road that all of the drivers knew, seemed better mapped out. This year, the "head guys" from last year are the newbies, and it seems to focus on them being newbies.

I don't like Hugh, didn't like him last year. He's very full of himself, likes to talk crap about others, thinks his poop doesn't stink. Seeing that one commercial the other day sealed how I feel about Hugh. I have no clue why people like him.

Drew I like, I give him credit for staying up there and getting mocked out. If you've never driven a forklift before, you have no clue how easy it is to get it stuck. I used to drive one loading plants into trucks, they bounce like heck, the plants used to wobble on the pallet with every rock you hit.

Rick I don't care for. When I saw him getting his custom hat; I'm thinking the "fame" went to his head. Last episode when he was hauling trash, you could see he thought he was too good for that.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 AM

the show was pretty good last night. i see ricks still up to his old wining as always. alex isn't doing very well. he had the samething happen to him as phil on deadliest catch. it's got to be something about sitting down all the time.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
WHile I dont care for Hughs attitude you cant question his results. The man works and does works well. Drew is a walking Charlie Foxtrot always seems to have something wrong and annoys me.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
alex isn't doing very well
Did you see next weeks previews? Apparently he has a blood clot in his lung IIRC.

Quote:
i see ricks still up to his old wining as always.
Rick is annoying. He's such a crybaby. I'll give Hugh credit, he's not complaining about hauling bathroom waste, but Rick is whining about hauling trash. I wonder what the pay difference is on loads as I'm sure they pay differently. He's still driving on the ice with trash, no?

Anyone notice he's not wearing his "Hollywood" Rick hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Drew is a walking Charlie Foxtrot always seems to have something wrong and annoys me.
Sorry but I think Rick is the worst of all of them. They didn't show Drew last night, and last time they did he was making the best of his situation unlike Rick.

Drew knows he screwed up when he quit. I think it back-fired on him, he was looking for the boss to put him in a truck; I don't think he really intended to quit.

I give Rick maybe 2 more episodes before he leaves. Surprised he lasted this long
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV