Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
^It's been reported that the show was brought to Discovery by the men. SO it's not like they'll be losing everything. I just love how they always bring up "People back home are losing their jobs and their homes". Every time I hear the large plump guy say this it kind of comes off as wrong to me. Is he trying to say that this was there last resort? They couldn't find work or they didn't want to work unless it meant getting rich quick?
Supposedly his airplane business was dying a quick death due to the economy and the others all lost their houses due to foreclosure and no jobs. I find it ironic that they sent the "families back home" when they supposedly didn't have the money or homes to go back to. Where exactly did they go and how did they get the money to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 02:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Like it better than Star Dancing.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:38 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Being a heterosexual male that's not saying much.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Well the old man that owns the land came down and realized these men aren't real miners so he sent one of his people there to over see the operation. What I find down right retarded is these men refuse to listen to someone that has done it before and has much more experience. And his sister is soooooooooooo stupid. Yes it's family but you never give 25k to someone on a stupid treasure hunt muchless a treasure hunt and being completely broke. So much fail in one family.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Well the old man that owns the land came down and realized these men aren't real miners so he sent one of his people there to over see the operation. What I find down right retarded is these men refuse to listen to someone that has done it before and has much more experience. And his sister is soooooooooooo stupid. Yes it's family but you never give 25k to someone on a stupid treasure hunt muchless a treasure hunt and being completely broke. So much fail in one family.
Incredible, not only how obtuse they all are, but just incompetent and foolish. I'm all for fulfilling dreams and taking chances, but when you don't know what you are doing, it's a wise choice to find people that do.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Incredible, not only how obtuse they all are, but just incompetent and foolish. I'm all for fulfilling dreams and taking chances, but when you don't know what you are doing, it's a wise choice to find people that do.
The Patriarch of the family used to be a gold miner back in his "younger years" so supposedly he knew what he was doing. Obviously a lot has changed since then or he's forgotten a lot after so many years away from it.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:20 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
That old man has the MOST annoying voice. He's scary on the heavy equipment also.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
The Patriarch of the family used to be a gold miner back in his "younger years" so supposedly he knew what he was doing. Obviously a lot has changed since then or he's forgotten a lot after so many years away from it.
Apparently not a successful one from the looks of it. I don't think he's forgotten anything, he just never knew.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:07 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,759,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
That old man has the MOST annoying voice. He's scary on the heavy equipment also.

Agh you beat me to it! I only saw one episode about the wave table or whatever it is and all I could think about was how annoying his voice is. No wonder that Dorsey guy said he was going crazy.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:04 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
If this bunch of idiots do find gold and make a go of it, it can't be all that hard. The only one worth a darn from the whole crew from what I've seen is the busted up mechanic. I agree with the other posts, why the heck did they bring the families up with them? They have 3 months to work, and if they want to make a go, work their butts off. It isn't supposed to be a vacation.

It's too bad the mine owner didn't send in his "guy" early on. Someone that had a clue about what they were doing would have made a huge difference...if the egos of the cast didn't get in the way.

Of course, you have to wonder how much of the conflict and problems are hammed up for TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV