Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
The whole season 3 and the second christmas special has just finished over here.
I am glad to be ahead of the american viewers for once.

They will begin filming season 4 in february which also includes christmas special 3.
There will also be a spin-off prequel of Downton Abbey which revolves around Lord Grantham and Cora's courtship.
BigSwede, yeah, it's been a good Season for #3 although I can't say I'd watch the Christmas special again, excepting for the final 5 minutes. But I will look forward to Season 4.

I'm in Texas and have ways which may include a VPN to the EU to access local broadcasting, so I'm right up there with you. There's a couple of others who also have seen Season 3 but bear in mind - we're all duty bound to NOT disclose any spoiler information.

Being that you are more current in what's going on, I'd beg you to keep us apprised as to when the next season will begin broadcasting in the EU. That would be my que to start up my search for access.

Cheers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
The actress who plays the dowager...I remember her from the Harry Potter films...DH is a Harry Potter fan, believe it or not! I love it when the dowager gets a twinkle in her eye and she has found a way to pulls a fast one on somebody else! I've heard or seen a couple spoilers, but that's okay, I know I joined the show way behind the s/l others have already seen.
Dame Maggie Smith is a British National treasure. You should rent some of her other films, just for her performances, including the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. She is also INCREDIBLE on stage. She was very recently on the big screen in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I watched the first episode of season three on facebook quite some time ago because someone in England provided a link. I was really excited at the time and had been desperate to find it. Now I have nothing to look forward to until the second episode so don't be tempted to go looking for a spoiler. Just a word to the wise from the Unwise.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Well, I have seen all of season three but I am looking forward to seeing it again. There is so much to these stories that I think you can pick up new things a second time around. And since I won't have to concentrate so much on the plot, I can focus on the gorgeous scenery and costumes.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
I ordered the third season dvd's but they won't arrive until the beginning of February, and pbs starts it in five days... I will TRY to stop myself from just ploping them in when they get here and watching til the end, but then there was the Thanksgiving weekend marathon... way too easy to go to the next video on netflix and hulu.

Promise I won't spoil.

And Wow, season four. Can't wait for that even if they haven't started filming it. The prequal sounds cool too.

I plan another marathon with the dvd's leading up to the 6th.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:36 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
we're all duty bound to NOT disclose any spoiler information.
This is why I didn´t post a link to an article, it revealed a little too much although it was no real spoilers.
It is more fun to discover yourself.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
This is why I didn´t post a link to an article, it revealed a little too much although it was no real spoilers.
It is more fun to discover yourself.
Thanks, Big Swede. 'Preciate it.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
For those who might not normally listen to NPR, they are going to have interviews with some of the cast tomorrow on Morning Edition (which airs quite early on NPR).

Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Here is the interview on NPR if you are interested: 'Downton Abbey' Cast: It's More Fun Downstairs : NPR

The second half will be broadcast tomorrow.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
Some of the stars are on Good Morning America right now for an interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV