Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I've thought about that and wonder if the contestants know what we know about who is on what team. I assume they're watching the rounds, but it may not be happening in the order we're seeing it.
Yes, we don't no the sequencing of the actual auditions much less the ability of the contestants to actually see and listen to their competition so my idea may be just moot. But if they did and I was Sarah Simmons, or Sasha Allen I would never have gone with Adam. But on that note I think Judith Hill was nuts for not going with Usher - Prince not being available

Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Don't forget that Adam's Team got shutout of the quarter finals.
Oh, I know. I didn't mean that Adam's is the best coach, it was just the name I used it my example. Could have just as easily been "Blake or bust!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

CeeLo was the absolute worst when it came to thinking strategically during the battle rounds.

If I were a judge, I would always pair the strongest against the weak during the battle round.
I know! I've never understood the mentality of pairing like against like, or strongest against strongest. Sure, if you have two powerhouse ballad people, they may eventually split the vote, but wouldn't it be best to see who the audience prefers?

Old 04-09-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
^This

I think it was Amanda Brown, from last season, who was dismissed by Ceelo and stolen by Adam. She was good and came close to winning. If they hadn't changed the rules to allow steals, she would have been gone sooner.
It was and he regretted that decision on every subsequent performance that she gave.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
that's why I'm glad they changed the format a little last season with the not so appropriately named steal and not needing each team represented in the final 4
The best part of which was watching Christina pout for the last couple episodes last season.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 PM

19,211 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Usher and Shakira are great additions. Tonight's final of the blind rounds was fun to watch. I've haven't seen Shakira in anything other than music videos. She has a good sense of humor.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Usher and Shakira are great additions. Tonight's final of the blind rounds was fun to watch. I've haven't seen Shakira in anything other than music videos. She has a good sense of humor.
Shakira can have Xtina's place anytime. The "Spanish to Country Dictionary" was hilarious.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Quote:
They are both very likeable Looking forward to seeing them in their coaching role!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:59 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
They are both very likeable Looking forward to seeing them in their coaching role!
I didn't like the preview of a very annoyed Usher demanding to know what was so funny. What's wrong with having fun? Laughter is good in tough situations to relieve tension. I hope it was just a joke and they all burst out laughing, but that's not what the preview made it seem like.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
Loving Shakira and Usher on the show they work together well with Blake and Adam.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I didn't like the preview of a very annoyed Usher demanding to know what was so funny. What's wrong with having fun? Laughter is good in tough situations to relieve tension. I hope it was just a joke and they all burst out laughing, but that's not what the preview made it seem like.
Fun is fine when it is appropriate but considering the pressures of having putting together, what has to be, a stellar performance by two relative amateurs who have never worked together in a shortest amount of time imaginable can be one of those time. Now if they were nailing the routine your criticism might be valid but I suspect that the target of Usher's ire probably wasn't performing up to Usher's standards. That being the case, a-knock-that-smile-off-your-face-because-you-aren't-as-good-as-you-think-you-are especially considering the opportunity that we are presenting you, was more than appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV