Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times

Advertisements

That was such a sad story and the killer (who was not vengeful, but only mercenary and crazy) had absolutely NOTHING in common with the "old money" of the Hamptons. Neither did the wife of the poor guy who was murdered. It had nothing to do with the show except that it highlighted the fact there are lowlives who live right near the beautiful homes of the very rich. Very creepy of ABC. Is there any way we can let them know how much we resent this?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
That was such a sad story and the killer (who was not vengeful, but only mercenary and crazy) had absolutely NOTHING in common with the "old money" of the Hamptons. Neither did the wife of the poor guy who was murdered. It had nothing to do with the show except that it highlighted the fact there are lowlives who live right near the beautiful homes of the very rich. Very creepy of ABC. Is there any way we can let them know how much we resent this?
Yes, tuning that station out on that time slot Wed, might help.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM

665 posts, read 628,452 times
Quote:
Yes, tuning that station out on that time slot Wed, might help.
Having a Neilson box and doing what you suggest would help, but, Neilson numbers are what matters to networks, not regular viewers like us.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:49 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Wearing a Neilson box for 15 dollars a month is torture! You keep doing it in hopes of winning the drawing though. I did it for 2 years and at that time I NEVER watched TV. Wish I had it now just for this.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,749,508 times
I'll be glad when Revenge is over so I don't have to watch ABC again!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM

The PaleyFest panel was a complete and utter waste of my time. It was truly abysmal! The moderator was too horrendous for words. Does Mike Kelley have to monopolize every single panel he's on? Let the cast speak for a change!!! The cast looked bored to tears and there were so many awkward pauses. Nick (Jack) almost seemed drunk or high or both... it was really weird. And, IMO, not a single interesting question was asked by anyone. There's an hour of my life I won't get back. It is too bad because I really like this show.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMermaid View Post
The PaleyFest panel was a complete and utter waste of my time. It was truly abysmal! The moderator was too horrendous for words. Does Mike Kelley have to monopolize every single panel he's on? Let the cast speak for a change!!! The cast looked bored to tears and there were so many awkward pauses. Nick (Jack) almost seemed drunk or high or both... it was really weird. And, IMO, not a single interesting question was asked by anyone. There's an hour of my life I won't get back. It is too bad because I really like this show.
Sorry that it was abysmal and thanks for letting us know. I was disappointed I couldn't tune in but now I feel better about it. Interesting about Nick/Jack.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Wearing a Neilson box for 15 dollars a month is torture! You keep doing it in hopes of winning the drawing though. I did it for 2 years and at that time I NEVER watched TV. Wish I had it now just for this.
Why is it torture, and what's the drawing about? I've always been curious about Neilson boxes, who has them, and if they truly reflect what everyone in the US is watching.

I do remember an episode of Roseanne where they became a Neilson family, they were so excited at first, but then they started to feel that they should only watch PBS, and documentaries so they wouldn't seem stupid, in the end they had to get rid of it so they could just enjoy watching whatever they wanted again. It was pretty funny, I imagine it would feel weird to have something keeping track of what I watch.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Sorry that it was abysmal and thanks for letting us know. I was disappointed I couldn't tune in but now I feel better about it. Interesting about Nick/Jack.
Thanks, I need a hug. In case anyone is interested, the archive will be available starting Thursday March 15, 2012 on hulu. Maybe it wasn't too bad, now that I've calmed down. I guess maybe I was just upset that basically all the questions asked, would be questions that the writers would know more about and not the characters; so Mike Kelley kept running his mouth the whole time. He does this in every panel they have. I don't know why I hope things will magically be different next time. Plus, the moderator was basically interviewing him directly (for like 20-30 mins) and it was like she all of a sudden realized that the enitire cast was sitting there and decided to FINALLY ask questions. Only her questions would go back to Mike Kelley answering yet again; only allowing the cast to say only a little bit.

I think only 3 audience members got to ask questions. On one question directed to Nick (Jack) [the question was something to the effect of:" Who does Jack love more, Emily (Emily VanCamp) or Amanda (Margarita Levieva)?"]; and he answers quite bizarrely. He rambles on and on about Jack's relationship with Declan and how it is just the two of them now that their dad is dead. Everyone is like what on earth is he talking about. He realizes he isn't answering appropriately and people have to tell him what question he is supposed to be answering. He laughs it off saying that he just woke up (I'm surprised other cast members didn't fall asleep onstage too, since it seemed to be the 'Mike Kelley solo interview'); and he thought the audience member asked him, "Who does Jack love more, family or Amanda?" When the final audience question is posed to the cast, Mike Kelley takes over yet again. The cast does get to give one sentence answers about what they would like to see happen for their characters if Revenge were ending with only 5 more episodes. Nick (Jack) talked about mummies, space and Steve Guttenberg.

Don't get me wrong, there were a few laughs here and there, like Ashley (Ashley) saying that Emily (Emily) can walk in on Ashley in a phone conversation and realize that Ashley has been faking her English accent the whole time and is really from the Bronx. Josh (Daniel) says that Daniel could turn English and tell everyone (the Graysons, Emily, etc.) to eff off and he gestures flipping 2 middle fingers.

Sorry, I guess I needed catharsis.

Last edited by BellaMermaid; 03-12-2012 at 01:31 AM..

Old 03-12-2012, 04:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Why is it torture, and what's the drawing about? I've always been curious about Neilson boxes, who has them, and if they truly reflect what everyone in the US is watching.

I do remember an episode of Roseanne where they became a Neilson family, they were so excited at first, but then they started to feel that they should only watch PBS, and documentaries so they wouldn't seem stupid, in the end they had to get rid of it so they could just enjoy watching whatever they wanted again. It was pretty funny, I imagine it would feel weird to have something keeping track of what I watch.
It is torture because you have to wear it constantly or you are not eligible for the monthly drawing. You can only take it off while sleeping. Your other little box that sends them their information HAS to be in your bedroom.
I can't remember how much money was usually in the drawing each month but it was in the thousands and you had more than one chance to win.
Than you receive all of these phone calls from them where you are stuck on the phone answering the same questions over and over each month.
The corker was to wear the thing for most of the month then to find out that because you forgot to put it on a few days that your BIG $15.00 check went down to $11 and you weren't eligible for the drawing that month. One month the squirrels had chewed one of our lines outside and I wore the thing all month for nothing.
The little box even picks up radio stations playing in traffic as you are driving. It picks up everything, everywhere you go but it is against the rules to tell anybody what it is.
Anyway it was just annoying.
That is so funny about Roseanne! I would love to see that episode!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV