Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of parents willing to put up with Abby's aggressive style.

Sure are. She won't go out of business anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Heard Payton will be getting cut on tonights show.
Angry that she and her mother were brought in for one ep. as comic relief. They knew Brooke wasn't leaving for good and Payton was used as a joke. We didn't even get to see how she danced.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
I finally saw last week's show and I have to admit that it seemed the most contrived of all. Abby just can't bring herself to say anything at all complementary to Chloe and was sparring for a confrontation with Peyton and Kendall's mothers throughout the whole episode.

I thought her having sweet, boring Paige do the music for the trio rehearsals was just plain mean.

I hope tonight's show is less angry (if that is possible)

Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 PM

You're right about Paige being portrayed as boring, but maybe it's all in the editing. She seems way more outgoing than Brooke, but her dancing is weak (lots of mistakes), maybe that's why she's least shown.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Paige and Brooke don't seem to have any personality.

Brooke's solos always creep me out a little bit all the bonebreaking. Poor Melissa with no backbone just sits there while people yell at her, desperate for a new friend. Don't know how she missed Jill saying she didn't want Kendall bein a backup dancer while Chloe and Maddie get all the good parts. I think Melissa has low self esteem.

I think Kelli is a crappy mother. First she let Brooke quit dance in the middle of a competition by simply not showing up anymore, now she let quit cheerleading. She took a spot away from someone else (assuming that she really made the squad in the first place and that wasn't a tv setup). I would have made her finish the cheer season.

The whole massage thing was so dumb. Who does that? LOL Christi is a nutcase but she thinks everybody else is crazy.

Abby was shockingly calm this episode...

Last edited by nat_at772; 02-07-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 09:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Can't stand the new Mom! The whole massage and 'buying' her kid a solo or whatever -ugh. Unless that is also 'made for TV' which is entirely possible.

Hoping she quits next week. She is probably embarrassing the heck out of her kid.

Love seeing Abbey getting all choked up; maybe she is human after all?

Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can't stand the new Mom! The whole massage and 'buying' her kid a solo or whatever -ugh. Unless that is also 'made for TV' which is entirely possible.

Hoping she quits next week. She is probably embarrassing the heck out of her kid.

Love seeing Abbey getting all choked up; maybe she is human after all?

Jill (and Melissa) will do whatever it takes (moreso) than the other mothers to gain an edge. Melissa tried it last year by meeting that high level talent guy in Hollywood for lunch before the commercial tryouts....

Its pretty funny how they all keep topping each other on the embarrassment chart....

Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 PM

It's all fake this season, the producers have scripted it this season, everything is arranged. I still like it but it's clearly much more unrealistic than last year. The whole the with Payton was so humiliating for her, that was cold. It was worse than the huge "X" on Vivi's face.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Paige and Brooke are boring because Kelli sucked the life out of them at an early age. Can you imagine what it was like being a little girl in that house with that shrew? Kelli has some serious emotional issues and it's resulted in her girls being very stunted emotionally. So sad.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
It's all fake this season, the producers have scripted it this season, everything is arranged. I still like it but it's clearly much more unrealistic than last year. The whole the with Payton was so humiliating for her, that was cold. It was worse than the huge "X" on Vivi's face.
What Abby did to Peyton was her way of saying "you don't have the authority to criticize your teammates and you are not in control of this dance studio, I am"

I was like "OMG" when that happened...

Point is, you don't screw w/Abby or you'll get put in your place like she's done to all the mothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV