Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times

Advertisements

John, we've been here for three years now and I am ready to go back west. I really miss it. We'll see if and when we can make that happen, but we will leave eventually. Thanks again for the recap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 09:29 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
From the very beginning, I have been fascinated with the premise of this show, which seems pretty weird for a Family Channel show. If you ever have a chance to watch the pilot again, please do.
What you will see is that, through no actions of their own, these 2 girls have a bond so intertwined that they instinctively know what each other is feeling. Even when they weren't friends, they turned to each other for help and advice. Today, they refer to each other as sisters - but they are much closer than that - they are each other. When one of them has a problem, the other one feels it.
That is why, when Daphne was on the verge of going to jail, Bay KNEW what prison life would do to her and said that she did it. She even told everyone that she was "proud" to do it because she saved Daphne's life - and she said that she felt "lucky" to have been able to do it. When this decision comes back to haunt her, Daphne will feel every pain that Bay has and her guilt will be unbearable. This bond that they share, will probably end up destroying both of them.

If you are able to watch the previews for tomorrow's show, the first scene that you will see is Bay's ecstatic reaction when Emmett returns and the last scene will be Bay sadly laying on her bed with Daphne trying to console her. What you will also see is the 2nd scene where Bay is laying on her bed, and she doesn't appear to be very happy. There also appears to be a man sleeping next to her. IF there is someone else in her bed, I could only think of 3 possibilities.
1. Emmett, of course, and she would be unhappy if she realized that they hadn't used protection or if it was expressly against her parents and Melody's wishes that he stay there.
2. Possible but not likely - Tank.
3. The unthinkable - but there would have to be ALOT of alcohol involved on both of their parts - Toby.
This would truly be an OMG situation. What would the parents do? Who would they be mad at?

What I know for sure is, tomorrow "it begins".

Old 01-28-2015, 05:40 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
well I watched last night and im not giving away anything but I think Bay is going to end up getting pregnant and she will get an abortion with Reginas help of course because I don't see Katherine helping her at all nor being happy about the lack of her daughter Bays self control . wow regina saved daphnes bacon again . I really think Toby is growing up and getting real about living like an adult , finally glad to see .

Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well I watched last night and im not giving away anything but I think Bay is going to end up getting pregnant and she will get an abortion with Reginas help of course because I don't see Katherine helping her at all nor being happy about the lack of her daughter Bays self control . wow regina saved daphnes bacon again . I really think Toby is growing up and getting real about living like an adult , finally glad to see .
The pressure is starting to get to Daphne. She said that if she does poorly in college and doesn't become a doctor that she will let everyone down - and the person that she would let down the most would be Bay. Regina said to Daphne that she didn't like who she was becoming. This MIGHT just be the beginning of Daphne's poor behavior - although she did apologize for it.
It seemed to me that Daphne was a little jealous when Josh had a date at the party.
Emmett and Bay are probably over - especially if she is pregnant - abortion or not. I'm not sure that she would get an abortion - but time will tell. She would seriously miss Emmett. She doesn't have anyone else at this time. She would miss going to L.A. and being with him.
I was surprised to see that house arrest is over. That was quick. I believe that many people will also feel that this was too quick and will begin asking the question - Why do rich people always get lenient sentences? - and example #1 will be convicted felon Bay Kennish - with her face plastered all over the TV and the newspapers - with the media wondering why she is going to parties and not in jail - but this could be just a figment of my imagination. We will see.
According to the previews, it looks like Bay will accuse Tank of rape, although he denies it.
So far in the 4 episodes, there hasn't been any mention about whether John is still a State Senator, if his term expired or if he resigned.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:54 PM

I have some observations and a few questions about last night's episode.
All week, the Family Channel was promoting that with last night's episode, "it begins". From what I saw, both women had something good and something bad happen to them.
For Daphne, the bad news was that she got a D and she was really stressed out about it. The good news was that she was able to do extra credit to bring it up to a C. The other news was that Regina inadvertently taught her that using her deafness will get her what she wants. She will probably use this in the future to manipulate people into giving her whatever she wants.
For Bay, the good news was that her house arrest, and the anklet, ended. I thought for sure that it would last much longer than 3 episodes. The bad news was that she had - probably unprotected - drunken sex.

The Kennishes just gave Toby a lesson on being an adult. What will they do about Bay? She is no longer under house arrest. She is 18. She is probably not going to L.A. They no longer have an obligation to let her stay there. Would they want to help raise her child, if she were to get pregnant - and I don't see her marrying Tank. I don't know her stance but maybe she wouldn't want to have an abortion. Would the Kennishes make her choose between having an abortion and staying there?
Would the Kennishes want the media backlash - or political backlash if John is still a Senator - from housing a "felon" and a ****?

I could see the expose now being shown on TV. The story of 2 sisters - their pictures being shown side by side - one of them had almost no benefits, and even though she is deaf, got straight A's in school and is studying to become a doctor. What a benefit to society. She should be praised at every opportunity.
The other had every opportunity in the world and she decided to become a felon, destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of private property for no apparent reason, was also an accessory to a felony drug deal, and became pregnant after having unprotected drunken sex. Why isn't this loser in jail? The rich get away with everything.

...and Daphne is hearing EVERY praise coming her way and EVERY ridicule of her pathetic sister.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:22 AM

I know that I have been posting on this thread too often - but I thought of a scenario that doesn't involve Bay getting pregnant or going to jail. Those things may still happen but they don't have to. It involves Kathryn.
She got a thrill out of seeing Toby submit to her will. There is no reason why she can't do the same to Bay. "You are now 18 and if you want to continue staying here, you will do some chores - doing dishes, the laundry, clean the bathroom, whatever". This seems like a simple enough solution and it should have been done years ago.

Bay and Emmett were having an argument. She was horrified when she began to suspect that Emmett was actually beginning to think that she committed the felony.

Suppose something happens - the media attention or whatever - and the family begins to think that Bay actually did commit the crime and the entire family turns against her and believes that Daphne was willing to go to jail to protect Bay from her horrible mistake.
If he gets angry enough, John's anger often gets the better of him and if Kathryn is with him, they could really slam the hammer down on Bay.
Miss Sorrento, you are no longer a part of this family. You have been written out of the will. You are no longer allowed to eat with the family or take part in any family activities. You will refer to us as Mr. and Mrs. Kennish, Ms. Vazquez, Mr. Kennish, and Miss Vazquez. Your car has been sold. Your art supplies have been thrown out. The majority of your clothes have been given to charity. You will sleep in the garage. When on duty, you will wear this uniform - or you can decide to leave.

Daphne would be horrified if Bay had to serve her and call her Miss Vazquez. She would scream that she committed the crime but they wouldn't believe her anymore. In desperation, she would finally decide to do what she should have done from the beginning - go to the police and face her jail time - except that they don't believe her either and tell her to go home.

Would something like this happen or is it too harsh?

Old 02-03-2015, 11:48 AM

Even if Tank did rape Bay, there is no jury in the world that would believe the word of a convicted felon, who had wild, drunken, probably unprotected sex at a college party.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Well it looks from next weeks preview that the family is rallying around Bay and Daphne is protecting Bay. I hope Tank is right and that they did use protection but even so most of us know even condoms are not 100% effective . Although Tank was so drunk how would he remember if they used condoms or not ? wow just wow on that professor I think she handled that very well . I m glad toby stood up to Tank for Bay as well . I knew John would step in as well . I hope that everything turns out alright for Bay , Daphne and Emmet . I must say I agree with Regina on this issue and what she said to Bay.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:42 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,238 times
I don't know if i felt soo bad for Bay. I mean yes its horrible not knowing wth happened the night before but she should've been more cautious and not went wild on the drinking. I kinda felt bad for tank- His character doesn't seem to me malicious and he was really good to Bay when they were dating, in fact i liked them together. We will see what happens!

Old 02-07-2015, 04:33 AM

I was finally able to see Tuesday's episode. For better or for worse, Bay was celebrating the fact that her house arrest was over and she just had a fight with Emmett.
According to the previews, the incident will go public. While the family will defend Bay, I'm pretty sure that the public will see her as a less than moral woman (the word begins with a W which is silent). If cornered, it is only reasonable to think that Tank will resort to the fact that Bay is a felon. I'm pretty sure that he will no longer be Bay's friend and Emmett will go berserk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV