Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed the show tonight, too. I can't imagine putting together an opening and closing for a dance in 20 minutes. I know the 8 beat rhythm can be prepared before hand but you still have to lead in and out of the dance.

J.R. is amazing. He has so much energy and he always looks like he is having a good time. I like Rikki, too. I'm really sick of Maks and Hope. I just think they are totally fake. Nancy has a hard time letting her partner take control. It shows in the dancing. Rob is doing a good job. He has developed into a fine dancer.

Nancy might get a sympathy vote from the public because Len was rough on her. I agree with him but he was not very kind in delivering the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
I just don't like Maks. I've never been into macho,egotistical guys. But that's ok because Maks loves himself enough that it won't deflate his ego if one person dislikes him

Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I just don't like Maks. I've never been into macho,egotistical guys. But that's ok because Maks loves himself enough that it won't deflate his ego if one person dislikes him
You and I make TWO, Pippy.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
J.R. is amazing. He has so much energy and he always looks like he is having a good time. I like Rikki, too. I'm really sick of Maks and Hope. I just think they are totally fake. Nancy has a hard time letting her partner take control. It shows in the dancing. Rob is doing a good job. He has developed into a fine dancer.
Nancy might get a sympathy vote from the public because Len was rough on her. I agree with him but he was not very kind in delivering the news.
I agree totally. I was surprised that Len was so blunt with Nancy. I dont recall his ever being that unkind in the past.

And I agree about Maks and Hope. I think someone sat them down and told them to play nice for the camera.

I'm not so fond of Rob's dancing yet, although I am more fond of him as a person. He still seems a bit stiff in many of the steps. But who am I to talk...he's doing a heckuva lot better than I would!

Rikki really had an off-night. I loved JR's great performances but I was kind of wishing he'd have saved them for the final. What can he do to top tonight?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:52 PM

I like Ricki and I think she's a great dancer. The one thing about her that bothers me is that I've read, several times, that she agreed to come on the show only if she had Derek as a partner. That gave her an edge up on the other competitors. What if all the stars demanded to be able to choose their partners?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM

LOL! I read that Regis Philbin is a huge fan of Derek's and announced on his “Regis & Kelly” show that he had received an invitation to compete on DWTS. He said he wants to be paired with Derek. “What is wrong with two guys dancing?” he asked.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe Nancy should go tomorrow.
Spoiler
Yep, that's the thunder thighs I was talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Well, I still miss David.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I do too, Nancy.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I think Karina choreographed that waltz just beautifully, she did so many great moves and turns. I am still dazzled by their dances tonight. Liked seeing those military people in the audience too!
I loved the waltz, but really got jazzed with their jive! I'm still hoping they take the mirror ball!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:14 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
LOL! I read that Regis Philbin is a huge fan of Derek's and announced on his “Regis & Kelly” show that he had received an invitation to compete on DWTS. He said he wants to be paired with Derek. “What is wrong with two guys dancing?” he asked.
Regis Philbin would be hilarious on there, and probably pretty good, too! Paired with Derek? Imagine! (but then Joy would probably be in the audience...)

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Yes way past time for Nancy to go. Gawd her thighs look like bags of cement and she looks to be having a hard time lifting them.
Her facial expressions, biting her tongue to keep from exploding, are hilarious. You know she wants to go off and blast her partner and especially Len.

Most of the other dancers did quite well tonight. Yes JR did bring it this evening.

I'm amazed at how good Derek is.

I think Maks and Hope have a love/hate relationship.

Maks reminds me of Simon on X Factor and vice versa. Two people in love with themselves. They should ask Simon to come on the show and partner up with Maks, what a hoot that would be. Ratings for the show would go through the roof.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Darn - should have watched with you guys last night. Good show! I missed last week so didn't see what sent David home. I still think Nancy and Hope should have gone first but am not too sorry to see him go - he does have a sweet side but is too manic for me.

Wowee, JR was so good last night and Karina did do a great job with their choreography/training. I think Tex (or whoever said it) was right that no one ever got 30 for both the regular and instant dance. That Jive was so fun and really highlighted his natural and trained ability - especially in contrast to poor Ricki who really is slipping.

Oh and I am with you guys on not loving Maks. I do like to watch him dance sometimes but his personality wears thin fast.
Quote:
What a riot - I hadn't heard that, thanks for sharing! I love Derek too - so much energy and skill!

Hope was much more likable last night but I'm still over her - way too little, too late. Here's hoping Nancy goes home tonight - can't stand to see how she lambastes Tristan and then simpers during judging.

Anyone else think someone must have schooled Brooke over the summer? On the Brooke scale she's much better than ever before - more control of the mic, complete sentences, unscripted thoughts, appropriate laughter - I'm impressed! Please note, I did say Brooke scale - she's still horrible...but good for her Love Tom - he really helps keep things going and is good with his off the cuff comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV