Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well Im about done with this show because it is simply too hard to follow and cant keep up with the charecters and what is going on and I usually dont watch shows that constantly go back in time and or back and forth so i told the husband no more of this show for me .
Sorry you feel this way. I find it a good way to fill in the back story for us as viewers. It makes it easier than to have them have to write in dialog that does the same thing but is totally out of character or the flow. The flash back was especially effective for LOST and it works here to.

I realize the storyline for POI is always going to have to be on the complicated side of things due to the technology aspect and the fact that one of the characters is a machine.

For what it's worth, the flashback is just fine with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Sorry you feel this way. I find it a good way to fill in the back story for us as viewers. It makes it easier than to have them have to write in dialog that does the same thing but is totally out of character or the flow. The flash back was especially effective for LOST and it works here to.

I realize the storyline for POI is always going to have to be on the complicated side of things due to the technology aspect and the fact that one of the characters is a machine.

For what it's worth, the flashback is just fine with me.
It all seems to come together just fine. Personally I like shows that make you think, as there are plenty of shows on television that are extremely predictable and boring. I love how this show is so deeply layered. There aren't many shows like this on television.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well Im about done with this show because it is simply too hard to follow and cant keep up with the charecters and what is going on and I usually dont watch shows that constantly go back in time and or back and forth so i told the husband no more of this show for me .
That's a shame, pl. That's one of the things I like about POI. Like sl7, I like shows that make me think. Not too hard but some.

I hope you have two tvs so your hubby can continue to watch if he likes it!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:04 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
I agree with the others. POI is one show that I can't predict, unlike so many others, because of the layers and that's what makes it such a good show. The flashbacks actually help put things in perspective and that "timeline" aspect helps me keep the events in order. Like the others, I enjoy that the show really makes me think. After Thursday's finale, I have so many questions and can't wait for Season 3. I DVR'd every episode this season, so unless they show reruns this summer, I'll be watching my saved episodes on Thursday nights and looking for things I might have missed.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:47 AM

4,064 posts, read 5,647,192 times
I'm just glad that they didn't leave Harold in Root's clutches for an extended period of time like they did last time! Too bad she had access to a phone at the end! Which reminds me, something needs to be done about Claire. I don't know what, but threats against her shouldn't be used by crazy or evil people to make Harold do things.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I'm just glad that they didn't leave Harold in Root's clutches for an extended period of time like they did last time! Too bad she had access to a phone at the end! Which reminds me, something needs to be done about Claire. I don't know what, but threats against her shouldn't be used by crazy or evil people to make Harold do things.
Lee W

Root is one crazy woman. I don't buy her reason about "setting the machine free." She's got the look of a madwoman. I think she wants to do real harm. She has no problem putting a bullet in someone's head. That's a sure sign she's no one to be in control of the machine.

I hope they show re-runs during the summer or I fear I'll be suffering serious withdrawals. I have to have at least one good show on TV.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Quote:
I think you just made the case for Claire to turn out to be Ma'am.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:33 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I think you just made the case for Claire to turn out to be Ma'am.
Ha, ha, I was thinking on the same lines.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 AM

11,640 posts, read 12,712,586 times
Where are they finding all these payphones? With so many people owning a cell phone these days, many pay phones have been removed. I wonder if prop pay phones are being placed on street corners and inside the lobby of buildings which used to have real ones just for this show.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Quote:
Which reminds me, something needs to be done about Claire. I don't know what, but threats against her shouldn't be used by crazy or evil people to make Harold do things.
Okay, I'm lost. Who's Claire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV