Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 AM

28,947 posts, read 30,301,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
we decided to quit this show. it just didn't live up to the hype. why have all the dinos and not effectively use them?
yeah me to, I feel the same way and disappointed cuz it was a really good concept, but awful writers....

Funny how a lot of shows are fantasy and sci fi...this year...guess they are finally listenting to customers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 07:09 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
This show needs more action....Badly.
Next week's preview makes it seem like there will be more action. To be seen.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:35 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,887,457 times
The troubled teenage boy storyline is getting old fast. He's got a cute chick there ready to jump his bones but wants to bring his 4 billion year old girlfriend back? What a dufus.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:14 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
1 - i think the wormhole might have been to a random time

2 - they have about 20 MILLION years to figure it out. Now, I may be mistaken, but I think a 20 MILLION year period with no mass extinction events might be a pretty nice time to live in!
According the Wiki the wormhole that was discovered can only transport people back 85 million, so ok, there isn't a choice, but for goodness sake you'd think that in the future they could come up with weapons that would decimate even the biggest 85 million year old beastie.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
we decided to quit this show. it just didn't live up to the hype. why have all the dinos and not effectively use them?
I have the latest episode recorded, I may or may not get around to watching it, the show is just boring, it seems to be all about a ridiculously happy family with good looking parents who are still hot for each other, that's lovely, but it's not very interesting. I understand that they wanted to make a family show, but that doesn't mean it has to be boring. There are DINOSAURS there, and yet so much time is spent on silly teenagers, and their parents in love.

Last edited by detshen; 11-01-2011 at 02:39 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 06:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 5,489,394 times
After last nights' epi I felt I was going to give up on this show too. Boring. But then I saw the previews for next week which looked good. So I will watch next week but if I'm bored again that's it for me.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
After last nights' epi I felt I was going to give up on this show too. Boring. But then I saw the previews for next week which looked good. So I will watch next week but if I'm bored again that's it for me.
I haven't seen the previews, but people keep saying it looks good so I will probably give it a chance, I try to give shows a good amount of episodes before giving up as some start out slow, but turn out to be great shows.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:45 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,574,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The troubled teenage boy storyline is getting old fast. He's got a cute chick there ready to jump his bones but wants to bring his 4 billion year old girlfriend back? What a dufus.
They seemed to indicate this last time that it's partly concern for her well-being as I guess he thinks she'll die or commit suicide in that bleak future. I don't know. It's kind of nice a kid his age can have that kind of loyalty, although it's maybe unfortunate he's apparently putting loyalty to this girlfriend above the safety of his family. It's not like he's married to her.

Plus I'm getting annoyed with teenage boy characters whose existence is largely a negative for their family. I mean teenage boys are generally a pain, at least they were when I was a teenage boy, but

1: I don't necessarily want to see versions of the more annoying people I see in life on my TV screen. I have a neighbor who shoots squirrels for fun and peeps at women, that he exists doesn't mean I want to see a version of that guy on TV.

2: In some cases teenage boys actually aren't idiots or they at least have their less idiotic moments.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:24 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,467,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
According the Wiki the wormhole that was discovered can only transport people back 85 million, so ok, there isn't a choice, but for goodness sake you'd think that in the future they could come up with weapons that would decimate even the biggest 85 million year old beastie.
I think they try to keep it to what people of today would understand. Imagine what tech will be like in 130 years.
If you told someone what would exist today, 130 years ago, they would think your nuts.

So, they want it to seem kinda futurey, but not too star trekey...

Old 11-02-2011, 12:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
We have really been enjoying this show!

The pilot reminded me so much of the movie Jurassic Park and had a real high production value - just like a major motion picture.

But if they keep that baby dinosaur and make it a family pet they'll be veering off into cheesy territory and may lose me as a viewer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV