Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,485,714 times

Advertisements

I agree with everyone who thinks this show has gotten to be a huge yawn. They need to get new house-wrecks or something to jazz things up. And I don't mean adding Marlo to the cast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,376,413 times
I heard on the radio today that Sheree won't be asked back for the next season. She's the only one I heard mentioned.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I heard on the radio today that Sheree won't be asked back for the next season. She's the only one I heard mentioned.

stick a fork in this show.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,609 times
They need fresher younger ladies. When you see young women who are full of passion about their lives it makes all the hijinks and drama funny. These chicks are too bitter and scheming. It's becoming a downer. It's great that Kim's getting married but she's boring without a partner in crime like Sweetie, Sheree, or Nene was. She has to bounce off someone else. Alone...pretty boring pretty vapid.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM

339 posts, read 696,367 times

I’ve been doing a little bit of thinking about Kim Sweetie and Kroy- My take on the situation.

If you remember last season, one of the things that caused Nene and Kim to fall out was the argument they had in Florida/tour bus about how Kim treated Sweetie, the bone of contention was Nene said Kim treated Sweetie “like a slave, go get your slave” etc.

What I am thinking is since last season, either Sweetie started thinking about that whole “slave” thing or her friends and family probably added more fuel to the fire about that and Sweetie’s attitude started changing in how she approached her job with Kim; like Sweetie was out to prove something this season.

It was obvious her attitude changed towards her job and even how she spoke to the girls. There was a "bug up the butt" attitude there from Sweetie this season.

Now with Kroy in the picture, and the man of the house, he obviously has some say so in how things are conducted within the home. One thing I noticed about Kroy he likes to use the word or phrase, “not professional.

Kroy may know that Kim and Sweetie are friends and were at one time hanging buddies, but Sweetie is on the payroll as an assistant and Kroy expected professionalism from Sweetie; not attitude, laziness, cussing around the girls,etc.

I am sure Kroy probably gave off a vibe towards Sweetie that was not one of joy but more of displeasure; so with Sweetie being black and Kroy being white, the first thought from Sweetie may have been he’s racist, not that she is unprofessional and that is the reason for the vibe or how he may have acted around her.

I can’t say I know what Kroy’s take is on any race, but feel confident in saying that he most likely was not raised around a lot of people of color, but that does not make one racist.

I feel Kroy’s philosophy is more like… if you work hard, and carry yourself with dignity and class, that will go far in Kroy’s book regardless of the percentage of melanin in your dermis.
I will admit Sweetie was very cagey in her response to the question about race in the article, but we could take that point and come up with a few scenarios as to why she responded the way she did. Only Sweetie, Kim and Kroy know for sure.

But I do believe the whole “slave” thing that started last season with Nene and Kim, probably started Sweetie’s change in attitude coupled with Kim and Kroy getting together, those all changed the dynamics in the Sweetie and Kim friendship/employer and employee relationship.

Last edited by NYPeach; 04-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
I’ve been doing a little bit of thinking about Kim Sweetie and Kroy- My take on the situation.

If you remember last season, one of the things that caused Nene and Kim to fall out was the argument they had in Florida/tour bus about how Kim treated Sweetie, the bone of contention was Nene said Kim treated Sweetie “like a slave, go get your slave†etc.

What I am thinking is since last season, either Sweetie started thinking about that whole “slave†thing or her friends and family probably added more fuel to the fire about that and Sweetie’s attitude started changing in how she approached her job with Kim; like Sweetie was out to prove something this season.

It was obvious her attitude changed towards her job and even how she spoke to the girls. There was a "bug up the butt" attitude there from Sweetie this season.

Now with Kroy in the picture, and the man of the house, he obviously has some say so in how things are conducted within the home. One thing I noticed about Kroy he likes to use the word or phrase, “not professional.

Kroy may know that Kim and Sweetie are friends and were at one time hanging buddies, but Sweetie is on the payroll as an assistant and Kroy expected professionalism from Sweetie; not attitude, laziness, cussing around the girls,etc.

I am sure Kroy probably gave off a vibe towards Sweetie that was not one of joy but more of displeasure; so with Sweetie being black and Kroy being white, the first thought from Sweetie may have been he’s racist, not that she is unprofessional and that is the reason for the vibe or how he may have acted around her.

I can’t say I know what Kroy’s take is on any race, but feel confident in saying that he most likely was not raised around a lot of people of color, but that does not make one racist.

I feel Kroy’s philosophy is more like… if you work hard, and carry yourself with dignity and class, that will go far in Kroy’s book regardless of the percentage of melanin in your dermis.
I will admit Sweetie was very cagey in her response to the question about race in the article, but we could take that point and come up with a few scenarios as to why she responded the way she did. Only Sweetie, Kim and Kroy know for sure.

But I do believe the whole “slave†thing that started last season with Nene and Kim, probably started Sweetie’s change in attitude coupled with Kim and Kroy getting together, those all changed the dynamics in the Sweetie and Kim friendship/employer and employee relationship.
Spot on

I, for one, was glad to see Sweetie go. The dynamic between those two was beyond "unprofessional" on both ends. And I think that Kroy say what Kim was too dumb to see and that is how her interaction with Sweetie (calling her a stupid b*t%h and talking to her like she was a junkyard dog) was fueling the "Kim is racist" talk.

Whenever Kim was calling Sweetie and Sweetie was acting "simple", I seriously just could not get this imagery out of my head...

Prissy - YouTube

Regarding Kroy, I really like him because he seems to be very consistent, levelheaded, and old school as far as how his household should be run. I think that he got the short end of the stick by marrying Kim. And I think that it is weird that her kids (by two other men) are calling Kroy "daddy" but whatever makes their family work.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,249,261 times
Kroy got rid of Sweetie because he knew there was no reason for her to be there. I never understood why Kim needed an assistant anyway. Thank god Sweetie is gone and she can finally stop looking like Hattie McDaniel!

Old 04-08-2012, 04:42 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,609 times
I don't have a 26 year old daughter but I think it's odd Sheree wasn't excited to hear that her daughter was proposed to. I hate to say it but it makes me wonder if she was jealous. When Kim got engaged she was jumping around and ecstatic. I think she wanted to convince they guy it was too soon by convincing him her daughter is just like her. The whole time she's talking about all the money he needs to have to please her daughter and the big ring he needs to buy. That's bull, her kid seemed to have much more modest taste. She was living in a modest apt and just starting out in her field--she wasn't expecting a 40,000 ring like Sheree lied and said she wanted. I just think Sheree wanted to p*ss on her parade.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,485,714 times
I'm glad this season is done. I got tired of talks about dead people and sex toys and anything Nene did. What is up with her skeevey 'business partner' anyway? The scenes with him always made me feel dirty afterwards.
I can understand pink slipping Sheree. Boring!
They should get rid of Kim too because she had gotten boring and now she's married and pregnant again. Zzzzzz!
Nene needs to go because she doesn't get along with the other women except Cynthia. And She always acted like she didn't want to hang around with the other women anyway.
The only one I really liked was Phaedra because she was funny.
I am looking forward to Joisey.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
I think Kim is hilarious (loved the episode at the dinner honoring the funeral home guy), as is Phaedra. I just lol when they're on. Cynthia and her sister are super boring to me, and Peter just creeps me out. Kandi is boring too, although I think her toy business is pretty gutsy. I hope she's successful. The one that I can't STAND this season is Nene. I'm sick of her stringing that old sugar daddy along, and just parading around like she owns the place. She's always struck me as someone who's horribly jealous and envious. "Twitter people"...b*** please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV