Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 07:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I loved the ending. I was smiling from ear to ear at the end. For a bit there when I thought everyone was dead, I said WORST FINALE EVER, then he came back through the mirror and everyone was ok and it made me so happy! I loved seeing adult Kelly and Diana. The only thing I wish I could have seen where the triplets. I wanted to know what kind of wessen they turned out to be since mom and dad were different "species." But other than that I was satisfied and they did mention their parents and the triplets so it is save to say that everyone was ok.
Exactly how I felt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 08:35 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,407,452 times
I thought the part back through the mirror was a great reunion, but the rest was just garbage. The kids too - they were only like 18 years old and their career was killing people. Seems like a sad ending to me and a show totally out of ideas.

I have never had strong feelings about Trubel so a spinoff with her or the kids is a blank slate for me - I'd watch if it's good and not if it's bad.

The last few seasons have been all over the place, so I'm not really sad it's gone.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:18 AM

409 posts, read 872,966 times
I missed the first couple of seasons when they first aired. I caught up viewing it on Amazon Prime. It grew on me and I enjoyed it. The finale both was both good and bad for me. I enjoyed the ending, particularly the twenty years later part. However, it all seemed a little pat to me.

That said, I enjoyed and will probably wind up getting the complete series on blu ray when it comes down to a reasonable price.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:20 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Nevermind.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:44 PM

560 posts, read 849,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was thinking spin-off too, T! Maybe the original writers could make up a Grimm II. I would love that. Did anyone notice adult Diana told Kelly that "the triplets" were out hunting? Rosalie and Monroe's kids!
Nice! I didn't catch that.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I think what happened was real and everyone that died was dead, including skullman. Nick was holding the 'complete' staff when he was sucked into the portal. Nick wanted, so desperately, for everyone he cared about who'd died to be alive again that the staff made it happen. The staff spit Nick, and itself, back out of the portal at the same time and place when Nick originally came back from mirrorworld, a time when everyone he cared about was alive. The staff basically sent Nick back in time. Skullman seems to be the only casualty.

The staff couldn't have just simply sent Nick back in time, for the reasons you outlined here....
Quote:
Diana said that skullman "didn't come back through" and that 'he was dead and she wasn't afraid anymore'
Diana said that Eve was "a hexenbiest again"
Adalind was not wearing the ring that Nick had taken off of her after she'd died. (they even had Nick grabbing her hand, holding it up and noticing that the ring wasn't on her finger anymore)
Diana seems to have remembered being through the looking glass before. She says that Eve was a hexenbiest, again, implying she remembers when Eve came through the first time and was NOT a hexenbeist anymore, thus telling us that it wasn't just a rewind of time. Again as you note, Adiland was not wearing the ring. When Nick came through the portal the first time, she was, so it couldn't have just been a reset to that time period, or she would still be wearing it.

Another theory I considered was that Nick never really came back through in to the real world the first time, but instead stayed in the "other world" and him thinking he was back in the real world was all just an illusion set up by skull guy to make Nick think his friends were dying. However, if that is the case, that creates even more inconsistency and questions on it's own. Such as; The stick didn't come through with Nick the first time he crossed over in to the "other world", so if the stick he had was just an illusion and not the real stick, that would explain why it didn't heal Hank, Wu, and the others, but it certainly wouldn't explain why Skull guy wanted it. Something else that will forever go unexplained is why Diana was so afraid of skull guy but then seemingly wanted to go with skull guy as she looked on at him killing everyone she knew.

I could go on, but basically, good storytelling and consistent writing was sacrificed for the cheap satisfaction of a disjointed happy ending that viewers were either not supposed to notice, or if they did, just shut up and be glad that everyone lived. I thought it was a terrible finale, needless to say.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-04-2017 at 05:54 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Good way to end it.
What was good about it? It was nonsensical, disjointed, inconsistent, and created far more questions than it answered. It was a terrible way to end what was otherwise a fantastic show.
Quote:
Season 5 was a mess, if it had been up to par with the other seasons maybe it wouldn't have been cancelled. Now I imagine the actors have either lined other work up or will soon.
Grimm was at it's strongest when it stuck to the "Law and Order" format of having episode-to-episode storylines as the focal point. It was when the show abandoned that format and started veering in to running plots ( like black claw, etc ) that the show started getting weak.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Cheesey happily ever after ending. Should've ended it after the battle and before being pulled back through with everyone having sacrificed to prevent the end of the world. Reason why he was told not to keep anyone close to begin with.
I completely agree. At least that would have been real. They could have even retained their happy ending by having Nick bring everyone back to life with the "stick" after the fight, and that, even if farcical would have been acceptable. But him being pulled back through some inexplicable portal, with all the questions and inconsistencies that created, absolutely ruined it and shot a HUGE hole right through the plot.

But hey, as long as the fans got all their warm and fuzzy feelings from everyone being back alive, what matters, right?......

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-04-2017 at 06:06 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I loved the ending. I was smiling from ear to ear at the end. For a bit there when I thought everyone was dead, I said WORST FINALE EVER, then he came back through the mirror and everyone was ok and it made me so happy!.
It made you Sooooo happy but unfortunately it didn't make the slightest bit of sense.

People are all too willing to allow themselves to be manipulated by emotion rather than expecting, no... INSISTING, that LAZY writers actually tell a congruent story. That is why TV is in the sad state it is in.

For anyone who cares about details rather than just warm and fuzzy feelings, the Grimm series finale was a rip-off in the highest order.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-04-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 10:38 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I really enjoyed the last 10 minutes or so, up till then, it was kind of silly, but, I was smiling ear to ear at the end. Man, the final closing scene with the kids, that would make a great spin-off show; the grown up Diana looked a lot like little Diana.
They did a good job on casting for both the older Diana and Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was thinking spin-off too, T! Maybe the original writers could make up a Grimm II. I would love that. Did anyone notice adult Diana told Kelly that "the triplets" were out hunting? Rosalie and Monroe's kids!
When she said "Mom, dad and the triplets" I thought anything could be possible. It would be interesting to know if it's Monroe and Rosalie's kids or not.

I have been avoiding this thread until I caught up. What a mixture of emotions. We are going to miss this show. It was one of the few my husband and I watched together. Now we have to find something to replace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV