Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 02:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

The show had a good run. It was interesting, different, entertaining, had great characters and mostly good stories.

Amusing too. I actually look at people in our government now and think 'definitely Wesen.'

I can't believe people are taking the finale so seriously. It's only tv. The finale was entertaining--provided closure, and now I'm having Friday night withdrawals.

The End.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 02:43 PM

560 posts, read 849,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The show had a good run. It was interesting, different, entertaining, had great characters and mostly good stories.

Amusing too. I actually look at people in our government now and think 'definitely Wesen.'

I can't believe people are taking the finale so seriously. It's only tv. The finale was entertaining--provided closure, and now I'm having Friday night withdrawals.

The End.
Well put Enigma777.

And YES, I also have times where I think 'definitely Wesen'!

Old 04-07-2017, 03:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Thank you for relaying what you read in interviews, WS. At least now I know WHY that scene played out. Terrible, terrible writing.
Yes, terrible writing.

In the interviews I read, the show-runners as much as said they were up against the clock with scheduling conflicts, and had delays because of weather in the Portland area during filming, so I imagine that explains why the finished product was so sloppy.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
You are just Mr. Debbie Downer. The Finale was good...it is a TV show. It doesn't have to be perfect. Get over yourself.
Excuse me for expecting the writers of a TV show that I have invested 6 years in, to tell a coherent story....

It doesn't have to be perfect but it at the very least has to add up.

This would be like..... if in the movie Titanic, the ship just all of a sudden started sinking without showing or explaining that it had hit an iceburgh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I understood that...seems like you lacked comprehension. That's on you.
I can't comprehend something that the writers have not provided the necessary information required to understand it.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-07-2017 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
They did make a specific point that they had not found all of the keys, so they have a story to work with in the spin off series.
Why would they do that? There's really no need to know where the other 2 keys are, because the treasure was already found. The other 2 are basically redundant, which brings in to question just how effective the whole plan for the keys was in the first place, given that not all of them were even needed to find the treasure or to open it up in the first place....

Man, the more I think about it, the more the criticisms of this show continue to mount....

Old 04-07-2017, 05:08 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,522,770 times
they tried to pack waaaaaay too much information into the forced short season. i think had this been a regular full season, they might have had plenty of time to explain it all before the ending. cramming all that info into 13 short episodes wasn't a good idea

Old 04-09-2017, 04:17 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
they tried to pack waaaaaay too much information into the forced short season. i think had this been a regular full season, they might have had plenty of time to explain it all before the ending. cramming all that info into 13 short episodes wasn't a good idea
Hell of a lot better than the show being abruptly cancelled with no ending at all as far as I am concerned.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah, I got that..... after reading about 3 interviews with the creators. The fact that the interviewers had to ask them that question to clear it up is a testament to the very point I am making. They could have easily made that apparent in the show itself. They didn't.

Something else I learned was that "when you kill the skull man, the clock resets itself to the point in time where skull guy came through the mirror"..... Why did the show runners have to explain that? Why couldn't they have had Monroe read that from one of his books, and then the audience would have known?

Most people who have made a habit of watching this type of show/movie didn't have a problem reaching the proper conclusions without having them all spelled out in detail.

For instance, coming under the spell of the villain is as old as Dracula.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hell of a lot better than the show being abruptly cancelled with no ending at all as far as I am concerned.
On this count, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Most people who have made a habit of watching this type of show/movie didn't have a problem reaching the proper conclusions without having them all spelled out in detail.

For instance, coming under the spell of the villain is as old as Dracula.
Why didn't they have the skull man point his scepter at Diana, then have her stop, as if in a trance, and then show her eyes light up all pink?

Boom.. It really could have been something that simple, and it would have been clear what was happening.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
On this count, I agree.

Why didn't they have the skull man point his scepter at Diana, then have her stop, as if in a trance, and then show her eyes light up all pink?

Boom.. It really could have been something that simple, and it would have been clear what was happening.
Exactly. Like I said before, I never liked the kid playing Diana. One facial expression for all of her scenes. Don't know if that was on purpose or not but it turned me right off of Diana character. Yes, I think I remember her eyes doing their blaze when skullman came into the room but it wasn't anything we haven't seen before and I actually thought she was fighting skullman when she got her glazed eyes. Pink would have indicated to me, at least, something different was happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV