Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:38 PM

578 posts, read 2,529,725 times

Advertisements

Here it is, about the SInclair family hit TV in 1991;
Description Show Description • August 25, 2007

Dinosaurs premiered on April 26, 1991. The show is about a prehistoric dinosaur family whose lives are remarkably like human lives today. The teenage son goes through some of the same things a normal teenage human does, the mom has to deal with the same things a human mom does, and the baby seems an awful lot like a human baby (only more so). This show is very clever, very funny, and way ahead of its time!

The Voices were cast and that Baby was the best! Hope I can get the DVDs from somewhere, after doing a search engine. Thanks for bringing up this happy subject; my Netflix Queue is long, and there is NOTHING ON IT, everything is 'very long wait' all others are stupid movies. I need to set up my weekend DVDs right now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 05:26 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Also on The Underdog show was the ''Go Go Gophers'' as that was funny also....

I used to crack up at their theme song......

Old 08-30-2007, 05:57 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post

Dinosaurs premiered on April 26, 1991. The show is about a prehistoric dinosaur family whose lives are remarkably like human lives today. The teenage son goes through some of the same things a normal teenage human does, the mom has to deal with the same things a human mom does, and the baby seems an awful lot like a human baby (only more so). This show is very clever, very funny, and way ahead of its time!

The Voices were cast and that Baby was the best! Hope I can get the DVDs from somewhere, after doing a search engine. Thanks for bringing up this happy subject; my Netflix Queue is long, and there is NOTHING ON IT, everything is 'very long wait' all others are stupid movies. I need to set up my weekend DVDs right now.

Wasn't this a live-action "puppet" kind of show?
I remember watching the first run of the show (I thought it was just called "Dinosaurs").
Maybe I'm thinking of something different or maybe there's a cartoon version of the one I'm thinking of. But I remember thinking it was a suprisingly great show (I was a cynical teenager at the time) and I remember the baby.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I feel so alone because I cannot find anyone who use to watch

Starblazers

It was a dramatic cartoon with alot of emotion. The crew had to drive this battleship into space to get something I have forgotten what it was called but it was to stop earth being destroyed by radiation.

For it birth I thought it animation was head of it time even though characters where japanese animation similar to speed racer.

I like Deslok even though he was evil he was my fav.

Here is it website the dvd to pricey for me to get the entire collection but maybe over time I could get a season for Christmas.

Star Blazers

here is a clip that was played at beginning of each show.
http://www.starblazers.com/video/Introduction.avi

here is a clip of intimate encounter with Nova and IQ9
http://www.starblazers.com/video/IQ9Nova.avi

this would be great turn into a movie with today's animation that is available.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:32 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
Rocky and bullwinkle. Used to like those fractured fairytales.

I used to like those Hanna barbera cartoons they would sandwich into episodes of the banana splits.

Fantastic Four

Superfriends

Now my fave is "the simpsons" of course. But it has not been super funny for years. Although it is still funny.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:55 PM

While waiting for the UPS truck to bring me DVDs that I ordered on the "Dinosaurs"....I thought I would check in the forum to see if there are still cartoon watchers writing,,,,and yes!
StarBlazers was one of those Japanese anime, I should have known when you described the "take over the world, conquer the planet" type of synopsis. They are so sinister and horrible. Whatever happened to teaching little kids in Japan to drop an anvil on the coyote's head, or paint a tunnel on the side of a wall? Why does "Inuyasha", Pokeman, all those have to be about ..."Oh, we meet over PBJ sandwiches, yet you took more than me?!? Me must have a battle, a competition over it to get a badge, or collect another trophy"...What is it with them? OMG its almost sickening to see how ridiculous the little kids are with the contests & competitions. Cant they just play and have fun like American kids? Nope, they must 'conquer, win, rule" everything and everyone.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Even though I was a child of the 80s, my favorite cartoons growing up were the old Tom & Jerry cartoons -- we're talking the original Hanna-Barbera/Fred Quimby-produced cartoons from the 40s and 50s. I hate, hate, HATE the Chuck Jones-produced versions of the 60s, and pretty much anything that came after that as well. But the 40s/50s ones were great. The detail, the quality of the animation, the comedic timing and comic visual effects, the incredible musical scores that not just set the mood and provided situational context, but accounted for much of the sound effects... you just can't match stuff like
this absolute timeless classic any more (copyright 1946).

This is #2 on my all-time Tom & Jerry list (1952).

Old 09-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It's a safe bet that most of us loved watching cartoons on TV when we were kids. What was your favorite TV cartoon(s) ?

Mine were:
Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote - I loved that cartoon and the goofy stunts Wile did to catch Roadrunner, not to mention the mishaps he ended up getting himself into!

Elmer Fudd - Oooooh... I'll get that Wabbit!!!
About good ol' Elmer Fudd: Where do you think your knowledge of Classical Music would be without Looney Tunes? That is what kids are missing nowadays. The Japan Anime, fight, joust, battle for good over evil planets...thats hogwash!

Give me the good old "Ride of The Valkries"....Elmer wearing the Viking helmet on fat-horseback...."kill do wabbit, kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit right now"...
Did we think that was the classical composer Wagner, or just knew the tune becoz it was Elmer ?
Same goes for the "Fantasia" by Walt Disney; it brought to light more classical compositions than anything i know of. Merlin Mickey "the sorcerers apprentice"...brooms/mops coming to life, the alligators dancing ballet with those hippos-in-tutus...OMG THAT WAS SOME FUNNY STUFF!!!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
My favorites as a kid were (and still are, for the most part) Heathcliff, Garfield, the Smurfs, the Jetsons, Strawberry Shortcake, and Inspector Gadget. Gee, can you guess which decade I grew up in? Now as an adult, I also love the South Park gang (especially Cartman), Homer Simpson & a few other Simpson's characters, and I also enjoy watching the Flintstones.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post

I remember that show! I would have been 14 (going on 15) years old, and totally remember watching it... it was really funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV