Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 12:26 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Just got around to watching the finale (was able to avoid any news of who won for 5 days!)

While I do think that Clay was the better manager in the final task (and hence reflected in higher money earned), Arsenio delivered the better overall results and fully deserved it, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 07:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
They are both winners, Arsenio wins the title and Clay won all that money his team raised for the charity he created.

I think it was Arsenio plea that he would do anything Mr. Trump ask him to do if he wins sent him over the edge though.

Both had IMO the best charities of the whole cast. My partner gave me the rope bracelet for Micheal Johnson foundation from Walgreens. He gave me IOU a couple Christmas ago for a bracelet I was expecting something more fancy. It the thought that counts right.

It has been fun, see you guys the next season of misfits.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:27 AM

1,738 posts, read 768,083 times
I agree they were both winners. It was nice having two people at the end that really respected each other and were friends. I hope they stay that way. Even though I was really pulling for Clay (not only do I really like him but I really like his charity as well) I was happy for Arsenio, but, it honestly didn't matter who won, I liked both of them.

I saw them on the Wendy Williams show before the finale. One of them mentioned they thought it was funny or odd that Aubrey's charity was what it was, but Wendy stopped who ever it was and said they would get back to that. I don't ever remember them getting back to that subject.

Wonderful to hear that both of their charities are going to get wonderful donations.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorldItsMe View Post
I agree they were both winners. It was nice having two people at the end that really respected each other and were friends. I hope they stay that way. Even though I was really pulling for Clay (not only do I really like him but I really like his charity as well) I was happy for Arsenio, but, it honestly didn't matter who won, I liked both of them.

I saw them on the Wendy Williams show before the finale. One of them mentioned they thought it was funny or odd that Aubrey's charity was what it was, but Wendy stopped who ever it was and said they would get back to that. I don't ever remember them getting back to that subject.

Wonderful to hear that both of their charities are going to get wonderful donations.
Arsenio said he found it ironic that her charity was against bullying when she constantly talked about others, belittled them and made negative comments. But yeah Wendy shut it down because her show is all about who are you sleeping with and what are you wearing. Her "interviews" are a joke because she asks a question and then says "we have to go to commercial"

Old 05-27-2012, 10:39 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,625 times
I didn't like Clay throughout the show until the end when I got to see more of what his charity was about. I liked how he pulled it together with the children in the video and I agreed with him that he absolutely should see the Muriel before giving approval to have it done. His biggest mistake IMHO was that he did the final task at the party with Arsenic instead being separate. Arsenic pulled a good fast one with that. It was a brilliant idea to have them combine together because he knew he didn't pull in enough money and needed to kind of blend. Clay being willing to do that showed he was willing to risk losing by not standing out on his own.

Instead it looked too much like they were a team instead of competing against each other. To me it was like choosing to go to the boardroom with another competitor to back them up knowing that going to the boardroom means they could get fired and no one should ever offer to do that.

Also Clay didn't really stress that he needed, really needed to win. It was not all about pulling in more money it was about who entertained better, showed how much their charity needed the money and who really needed needed it, to win not only that Charity but for future charities. Clay already has his legacy and can always pull in more money with or without getting the winning Celebrity Apprentice title.

Clay won, from what I hear, won on that other show, sorry I can't think of the name of it because I don't watch it. Clay has his but Arsenio didn't and he needed it for future donations for his charity.

I'm glad Arsenio won and I liked that Clay was cool about it. I don't hate any of the others not even Aubrey. They both made a tremendous accomplishment in their lives that will go on to help their charities well past their lifetime.

Just my humble opinion

Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Adam Carolla's joke about Teresa thinking that 'naive' was a brand name of a douche was hysterical!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
After all that talk about the mural, in the end, I thought it looked pretty crude. Rather like kids drew it instead of a professional artist-or whatever she was supposed to be.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:41 PM

mural - waste of time, IMO.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Adam Carolla's joke about Teresa thinking that 'naive' was a brand name of a douche was hysterical!
And the blank look in her huge eyes cracked me up. Everybody called Dyanna dumb but no one commented on how empty-headed Theresa is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
After all that talk about the mural, in the end, I thought it looked pretty crude. Rather like kids drew it instead of a professional artist-or whatever she was supposed to be.
yeah I wasn't that impressed either but I was hoping it was due to the time constraints

Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM

1,738 posts, read 768,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Clay already has his legacy and can always pull in more money with or without getting the winning Celebrity Apprentice title.

Clay won, from what I hear, won on that other show, sorry I can't think of the name of it because I don't watch it. Clay has his but Arsenio didn't and he needed it for future donations for his charity.

Legacy? For being on American Idol or creating/starting his Charity? Is that what you mean? Guess I don't understand what you mean.

Clay, won on? On another show? What other show has he been on besides Celebrity Apprentice and American Idol? He didn't win either. That is what he kept joking about, that he came in 2nd already on Idol. That is why Arsenio joking said he was called "Ruben" when he was little. It was funny, maybe if you didn't see that show, you didn't understand about the joke. Ruben was the name of the guy that won over Clay on American Idol.

I think Clay took it so well, because Arsenio and him are friends. From what I understood, they met and became friends while on the show. That is a prize in itself. I thought it ended beautifully and they are both wonderful men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV