Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Ben Casey and Dr Kildare.....loved those doctors as a teenaged girl..
I was absolutely crazy about Ben Casey. Dr. Kildare, on the other hand, did nothing for me. I think I was in the minority, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 09:52 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,512,449 times
I got y'all beat! Here are 4 shows I bet nobody remembers! LOL

Honey West (Anne Francis),

The Guns of Will Sonnet (Walter Brennan and Dack Rambo, had a big crush on him, turns out he was gay and died of AIDS),

Judd for the Defense (Carl ?, Donna Reed's husband on The Donna Reed Show, had a crush on him also), and

Occassional Wife (Michael Callan, big crush on him, and Patricia ?, they married in real life from this show).

All were in the '60's, I was just coming into adolesence, so I was noticing guys for the first time.

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 05-06-2012 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Added thoughts and information.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:05 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
LOL! I'm 63, so I remember some of them, too. I think we were the last people in America to get a TV, though.
I am 66. My family was probably second to your family's last people to get a TV. I was eight years old when we got ours.

The theme song from "Hazel" keeps running through my head now.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I was absolutely crazy about Ben Casey. Dr. Kildare, on the other hand, did nothing for me. I think I was in the minority, though.
Oh, me too. I didn't even watch Dr Kildare. Dr. Ben Casey was all that. I even saved up my allowance and bought a Ben Casey doctor shirt with the buttons on the top. Remember those?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,481 times
Most of these shows mentioned are remembered by many like me. Here's a few from the mid 60's that are less well remembered, because they weren't on the air very long (but I still remember them):

Hank -- about a college "drop-in" student sneaking in to take classes. He was an orphan, and was taking care of a younger sister. He operated a campus lunch truck for money, and every time he almost got caugt for sneaking into class, he'd sprint away, much to the dismay of the athletic coach, who wanted to sign him up. I think he was also dating the Dean's daughter. The show had a final episode where he got caught, but the college admitted him to become a legitimate student.

Mister Terrific and Captain Nice were two very similar sitcoms about average guys who became superheroes tempoarily when they took some sort of pill. It was kind of like the Munsters vs Addams Family that two networks were battling each other with near-identical shows.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,383,753 times
Star Trek

Just kidding, everyone remembers that show and it's legacy shows.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,378,423 times
Combat
Gallent Men
77 Sunset Strip
Burkes Law
Wagon Train

Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,888 times
The Bill Cosby Show. Not as Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable, but as Chester Kincaid. This show came after he did I Spy and before he appeared in The Electric Company and Fat Albert.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Oh, me too. I didn't even watch Dr Kildare. Dr. Ben Casey was all that. I even saved up my allowance and bought a Ben Casey doctor shirt with the buttons on the top. Remember those?
I had a Ben Casey shirt, too! OMG, I wish I'd saved it and still had it today. Yeah, you had to leave the top couple of buttons unbuttoned, because that's how he wore his shirt.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 AM

310 posts, read 1,700,658 times
I got all of you beat-- He and She, CBS, only 26 episodes 1967-1968

from IMBD.com:
Dick and Paula Hollister are a witty, sophisticated couple living in New York City. Dick is a comic-book artist who has become well-known for creating a superhero called Jetman, which has been turned into a TV show starring egocentric actor Oscar North.

Starred Paula Prentiss and Richard Benjamin (married in real life) plus Jack Cassidy (as Oscar North) and Kenneth Mars (both hilarious!)

Loved this show, great cast, very witty, probably 5 years ahead of its time. Saw it when it first aired & supposedly, it was later briefly shown on USA Netword & TVLand but I never caught it there. Never issued on VHS or DVD.

Anyone else remember this gem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV